Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** 19:20 - Oct 4 with 12983 viewsModeratorC

Welcome to the Swans Indy match day thread. Much talked about by other clubs supporters, Norwich were so enamoured with our thread they all got in a Tiswas. For those that don’t know Tiswas meant ‘Today is Saturday Watch and smile’

Well, today isn’t Saturday yet, unless it is, but it will be, if it’s not already, regardless of what day it is today. Tiswas was filmed and produced actually in Home Park when Chris Tarrant was nine. Quintin took Tarrants surname, added an O and the rest is history.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61031/cabango-out-for-th

This post has been edited by an administrator
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread on 23:16 - Oct 4 with 5387 viewsAguycalledJack

0-2 swans.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread on 00:08 - Oct 5 with 5369 viewsKeithHaynes

1-2 Swans

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread on 06:15 - Oct 5 with 5336 viewsWhiterockin

Back to the normal 0-3 win.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 12:47 - Oct 5 with 5241 viewsAguycalledJack

It's good to see optimism around the team at the moment.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 13:08 - Oct 5 with 5205 viewsFireboy2

Tough game, millwall were lucky to win last night as plymouth were all over them.

But we are better than millwall so we have a chance.

I hope that cry baby doesn't score as a few on here will be crowing.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:56 - Oct 5 with 5096 viewsKeithHaynes

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 13:08 - Oct 5 by Fireboy2

Tough game, millwall were lucky to win last night as plymouth were all over them.

But we are better than millwall so we have a chance.

I hope that cry baby doesn't score as a few on here will be crowing.

I’ve got a few very good contacts down there. Let’s just say he’s got a few tantrums in him which are being tolerated because of his goalscoring benefits.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 16:23 - Oct 5 with 5071 viewsWhiterockin

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 15:56 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

I’ve got a few very good contacts down there. Let’s just say he’s got a few tantrums in him which are being tolerated because of his goalscoring benefits.

Apart from his hatrick game he has scored in one other this season. Let's see how long his benefits last, he has already been dropped once this season.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 17:14 - Oct 5 with 5031 viewsKeithHaynes

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 16:23 - Oct 5 by Whiterockin

Apart from his hatrick game he has scored in one other this season. Let's see how long his benefits last, he has already been dropped once this season.

The Plymouth fans seem a bit goal struck and don’t see beyond that.

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 17:26 - Oct 5 with 5022 viewsSullutaCreturned

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 17:14 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

The Plymouth fans seem a bit goal struck and don’t see beyond that.

I bumped into a Plymouth fan at the services this season, he seemed to love him and thought we'd been dumb to sell him.

Mind you, Pato has a tantrum in him but he's been much better recently. Duff is getting a tune out of him, and others.

I take it no one wants Duff sacked anymore?
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 17:52 - Oct 5 with 4994 viewshobo

Need a nice hard challenge on Morgan early on
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 17:59 - Oct 5 with 4983 viewsWhiterockin

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 17:52 - Oct 5 by hobo

Need a nice hard challenge on Morgan early on

Just pass around him he won't work to get the ball back.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:20 - Oct 5 with 4955 viewsKeithHaynes

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 17:26 - Oct 5 by SullutaCreturned

I bumped into a Plymouth fan at the services this season, he seemed to love him and thought we'd been dumb to sell him.

Mind you, Pato has a tantrum in him but he's been much better recently. Duff is getting a tune out of him, and others.

I take it no one wants Duff sacked anymore?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing 😉 But anyone who wanted him gone I can in some ways see their point, it was a disastrous start footballing wise ( performances ) and the Cardiff game was pitiful.

I disagreed.

However, as the internet is a great time stamp it’s always best to proceed wisely on the side of caution, especially on the website when reporting or writing. There’s plenty out there ready to take your legs away for any opinion. Especially spelling mistakes 😂

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 19:51 - Oct 5 with 4881 viewsSullutaCreturned

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:20 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

Hindsight is a wonderful thing 😉 But anyone who wanted him gone I can in some ways see their point, it was a disastrous start footballing wise ( performances ) and the Cardiff game was pitiful.

I disagreed.

However, as the internet is a great time stamp it’s always best to proceed wisely on the side of caution, especially on the website when reporting or writing. There’s plenty out there ready to take your legs away for any opinion. Especially spelling mistakes 😂

Well I ws saying give him 10 games then judge. I think 10 is fair enough, we've had a good few games now we need to keep it going.

Maybe the injuries forced his hand re selections and we sort of got lucly, a bit like Cooper did when he "fell" onto a winning solution when we had players missing.

Spelling mistakes, yeah, I'll maek pently. I used to be in the Grammar police myself but I'm calmer now, besides, I'm not a touch typist, purely hunt and peck. It won't stop me from pulling others up though...Oooh, the hypocrisy
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 08:51 - Oct 6 with 4666 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61018/swans-build-up-are

This post has been edited by an administrator

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 09:39 - Oct 6 with 4618 viewsonehunglow

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 18:20 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

I disagreed.

Time Stamp.
Ok you’re smarter than me

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 09:52 - Oct 6 with 4614 viewsThurrockJack92

I disagreed.

I'm still not convinced, but he has earned some leeway and I will be happy to eat my words.
Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 10:11 - Oct 6 with 4590 viewsKeithHaynes

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 09:52 - Oct 6 by ThurrockJack92

I'm still not convinced, but he has earned some leeway and I will be happy to eat my words.

I totally agree, he is assembling a more workmanlike side which most certainly isn’t inspiring with the individuals he has. However, maybe that’s what is required, less emphasis on individuals and more on a team ethic.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 10:20 - Oct 6 with 4578 viewsWhiterockin

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 10:11 - Oct 6 by KeithHaynes

I totally agree, he is assembling a more workmanlike side which most certainly isn’t inspiring with the individuals he has. However, maybe that’s what is required, less emphasis on individuals and more on a team ethic.

Isn't this along the lines of the squad we had last time we got out of this division. Although we played with flair and style the team was better than the individual players. It makes it easier for players to slot in and out. 100-105 minute matches mean that you have to use several substitutes and they have to be effective and slot in seamlessly, even when changing tactics and formation. IMO we saw this on Wednesday when injuries forced changes.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 10:35 - Oct 6 with 4563 viewsDr_Winston

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 10:20 - Oct 6 by Whiterockin

Isn't this along the lines of the squad we had last time we got out of this division. Although we played with flair and style the team was better than the individual players. It makes it easier for players to slot in and out. 100-105 minute matches mean that you have to use several substitutes and they have to be effective and slot in seamlessly, even when changing tactics and formation. IMO we saw this on Wednesday when injuries forced changes.

I don't think there were many players we had for the bulk of that season who couldn't be described as "workmanlike". Even Nathan Dyer put in as much graft off the ball as he did on it.

Sinclair is perhaps the obvious exception, with maybe Dobbie and finally Borini as other candidates.

Thing is, you don't need a squad of superstars to get out of this division. You just need to be organised and capable as Luton proved last year. If you've got enough steady players who can fill the eight or nine "piano carrying" roles in the squad, you only need a few who can play it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 10:44 - Oct 6 with 4553 viewsWhiterockin

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 10:35 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

I don't think there were many players we had for the bulk of that season who couldn't be described as "workmanlike". Even Nathan Dyer put in as much graft off the ball as he did on it.

Sinclair is perhaps the obvious exception, with maybe Dobbie and finally Borini as other candidates.

Thing is, you don't need a squad of superstars to get out of this division. You just need to be organised and capable as Luton proved last year. If you've got enough steady players who can fill the eight or nine "piano carrying" roles in the squad, you only need a few who can play it.

Exactly and I really believe that this seasons rule change has a massive impact. You have to make multiple changes and they can't weaken you, more games are being won or lost after 90 minutes.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 10:48 - Oct 6 with 4547 viewsDr_Winston

The best example of this I can think of is the German national team over the years. They always seemed to have an endless supply of technically capable players who could slot into the squad and do whatever job was needed of them.

Not many ever feature on the lists of flair players, although they've had a few. Mostly it's the team that has been King.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 10:56 - Oct 6 with 4539 viewsonehunglow

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 10:35 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

Good post that

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 19:37 - Oct 6 with 4217 viewsKeithHaynes

I think when you start naming the likes of Dyer, Sinclair etc …
they signify really what we are missing.

God we were spoilt.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 19:47 - Oct 6 with 4208 viewsDr_Winston

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 19:37 - Oct 6 by KeithHaynes

God we were spoilt.

Thinking about it I'd probably add Luke Moore to the piano players list.

Most people hated him. I thought he was great. Languid, but so intelligent and capable on the ball. Sinclair loved playing off him.

I think we had more of an attachment to the players of that era because we rose through the leagues with a lot of them. Same way that some people insist that the team of 1976-82 was the best we ever had even though the 2011-14 vintage exceeded everything they ever achieved.

In terms of quality, player for player we're probably not at that standard, but I wouldn't say we were miles off.

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 19:52 - Oct 6 with 4193 viewsonehunglow

Plymouth Argyle v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ** on 19:37 - Oct 6 by KeithHaynes

God we were spoilt.

Was nice though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024