Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes 21:39 - Nov 4 with 42327 viewsstainrods_elbow

Really hope we can move him on in Jan and bring in one or two players who can really help the reshaped project, starting with breaking with years of tradition and actually investing in a striker who scores goals. He's going nowhere at QPR and just doesn't, and never will, cut the mustard. I'm afraid. He's a ram that doesn't batter, his buckle doesn't swash, and his goalscoring instincts are not so much predatory as borderline nugatory. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Millwall, say, came back in for him, he'd miraculously metamorphose into a 1 in 3 merchant who plays every week, but hopefully we'd by then be past caring. I don't want a player leading our line who scores the odd header from an occasional Chair cross but who seems mainly to care about playing for Scotland.

All being well, MC will have sussed this out in double-quick time and will be reshaping our attacking line with Smyth, Willock and Chair, and a new pivot.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 21:43]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Dykes on 15:03 - Dec 27 with 1065 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes on 14:19 - Dec 27 by gazza1

Warburton bought him in to score goals - 100%......ask Les Ferdinand. Yes he has other responsibilities but scoring goals was the prime objective. Score goals and not many care what else he does.

One other point, yes he may have only been in the game for a short period, yes he may not have scored lots or been prolific scorer but you don't look back with signings, you look forward to what you want to make the player. MW/LF wanted him to score goals.

He has had his time playing for the Jocks and will not be playing there much longer in the 1st team.......lets be fair Adams, Shankland & McBurnie whom you mention are not actually 'world beaters'.

The end!!!

Che Adams cost £ 15m,
Oli McBurnie cost £17.5m,
Dykes cost £2m and keeps them out of the team!!!

We are very unlikely to have a similar amount to spend on a replacement, so we need to get this team winning again, with Dykes, and they can.

Sinclair Armstrong plays as a lone striker and we are not in the game, unlike yesterday where we were, but for 5 poor decisions by our Manager.
Dykes on 15:19 - Dec 27 with 1014 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Dykes on 13:27 - Dec 27 by ParkRoyalR

In my opinion, Warburton bought Dykes to be a key part of a system based on 10's and Wing Back'.s

In your opinion, Warburton bought Dykes to score goals in the Championship, on the basis he had played just 3 years of professional football outside of Austrialia where he had amassed 27 goals in 142 games (almost 1 in 6) mainly in Scottish League 1,

Now either you've got this wrong or Warburton was a complete idiot, in the same way as Steve Clarke is for picking Dykes ahead of Adams, Shankland and McBurnie.

Dykes plays a key role in a decent Scotland team and Armstrong cannot even get in the Senior Squad for a very poor Ireland team, and you want to pick Sinclair Armstrong ahead of Dykes?

Until Dozzell is taken out of our Starting XI and Chair is freed up from the left touchline, we have options better than committing such an act of self-harm as starting Sinclair Armstrong as a lone striker without Dykes.

Dykes has been poor for Scotland in the last few games to be honest
Dykes on 15:22 - Dec 27 with 1005 viewsTheChef

Dykes on 15:03 - Dec 27 by ParkRoyalR

Che Adams cost £ 15m,
Oli McBurnie cost £17.5m,
Dykes cost £2m and keeps them out of the team!!!

We are very unlikely to have a similar amount to spend on a replacement, so we need to get this team winning again, with Dykes, and they can.

Sinclair Armstrong plays as a lone striker and we are not in the game, unlike yesterday where we were, but for 5 poor decisions by our Manager.

OK so can someone please buy him for £15m?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Dykes on 15:40 - Dec 27 with 948 views1JD

Dykes was just awful yesterday and sunk to a new low for me. And I used to like him.

He’s not a true goal scoring striker, but so long as he gets 10 a season and contributes to all round play, I’m ok with it, but that’s become a major issue - his all round play is unbelievably poor.

He lost the ball 5 times in the first 15 minutes alone, none of which were difficult passes to hold onto, but he somehow contrived to lose it with a combination of poor touch and weak strength each and every time. The amount of times he gives the ball away is getting ridiculous!

That said, Armstrongs touch is somehow even worse, which takes some doing. In need of urgent reinforcements in both CF and CM in jan if we are to have any hope.
Dykes on 16:35 - Dec 27 with 878 viewslassel

Dykes on 12:02 - Dec 27 by gazza1

Hunter is right.......I have seen enough of Dykes - he is poor, so is armstrong but he puts himself about and runs a lot faster.

I’m not sure if this is a genuine post or some sort of elaborate trolling? I’m worried it might actually be real though….
Dykes on 23:14 - Dec 27 with 634 viewsDamo1962

Dykes on 22:51 - Dec 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

He'll get goodwill too.

There are few players i've wanted to do well as much as I want Armstrong to do well.

My only concern, is that he's on his 5th(?) manager who doesn't reckon him. Is there something we're not seeing?

Well from what I have seen of him...those managers are right. Bad as Dykes is... Armstrong is worse. Two levels above his ability.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024