Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes 21:39 - Nov 4 with 43156 viewsstainrods_elbow

Really hope we can move him on in Jan and bring in one or two players who can really help the reshaped project, starting with breaking with years of tradition and actually investing in a striker who scores goals. He's going nowhere at QPR and just doesn't, and never will, cut the mustard. I'm afraid. He's a ram that doesn't batter, his buckle doesn't swash, and his goalscoring instincts are not so much predatory as borderline nugatory. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Millwall, say, came back in for him, he'd miraculously metamorphose into a 1 in 3 merchant who plays every week, but hopefully we'd by then be past caring. I don't want a player leading our line who scores the odd header from an occasional Chair cross but who seems mainly to care about playing for Scotland.

All being well, MC will have sussed this out in double-quick time and will be reshaping our attacking line with Smyth, Willock and Chair, and a new pivot.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 21:43]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Dykes on 16:41 - Dec 26 with 1619 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Here we go, blame Dykes. He is completely isolated, with no one near him when they pump the ball aimlessly up to him, yes you Dunne.
Other players, when that ball goes in the air to him, should be within 10 yards to pickup the lose ball. Saw that happen once today.
No one is scoring, and no one is even missing sitters.
Dykes on 16:42 - Dec 26 with 1610 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes on 15:46 - Dec 26 by Rs_Holy

Someone needs to sit down with Dykes and go through his performances minute by minute ... An attacking coach needs to impart there knowledge on Lyndon and teach him the fundamentals of playing as a pro striker.... Its not just about running around a lot.... sometimes you have to make intelligent moves in the oppo penalty area.

Dykes made a couple of intelligent moves + plays in the opposition box in the 2nd Half today to create good half chances for Adomah and Dozzell, not a lot, but probably a third of our chances, still let's not the facts get in the way,

Thought Dykes was fouled when attacking middle of box in 2nd Half but should have taken shot first time,

We're back to Chair stuck out on the Left and Smyth out on the rights and Dykes playing in his own acre against two Centre-Halves, and we're all surprised yet again we created so little, as did Millwall, who just played the percentages better against a team with players out of position (Paal) or hiding (Dozell)

This one's not on usual scape-goats (Dykes, Dunne, Kakay) but on the Manager who played Dozell instead of EDB, subbed Larkeche when he was all over their Right back and reduced Chairs effectiveness by putting hims wide left where they doubled up + nullified our main attacking threat.
Dykes on 16:43 - Dec 26 with 1597 viewsQPunkR

The useless prat couldn't anticipate Tuesday on Monday evening, let alone where a ball is going to fall in the box

QPR - "shit but local"

Dykes on 16:44 - Dec 26 with 1589 viewsbakerloo8

Dykes on 16:41 - Dec 26 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Here we go, blame Dykes. He is completely isolated, with no one near him when they pump the ball aimlessly up to him, yes you Dunne.
Other players, when that ball goes in the air to him, should be within 10 yards to pickup the lose ball. Saw that happen once today.
No one is scoring, and no one is even missing sitters.

Can't win a header. Zero goal threat, no link play. Not sure what you're trying to defend here, he was nowhere near the required level
Dykes on 16:44 - Dec 26 with 1576 viewsRangersw12

Dykes on 16:42 - Dec 26 by ParkRoyalR

Dykes made a couple of intelligent moves + plays in the opposition box in the 2nd Half today to create good half chances for Adomah and Dozzell, not a lot, but probably a third of our chances, still let's not the facts get in the way,

Thought Dykes was fouled when attacking middle of box in 2nd Half but should have taken shot first time,

We're back to Chair stuck out on the Left and Smyth out on the rights and Dykes playing in his own acre against two Centre-Halves, and we're all surprised yet again we created so little, as did Millwall, who just played the percentages better against a team with players out of position (Paal) or hiding (Dozell)

This one's not on usual scape-goats (Dykes, Dunne, Kakay) but on the Manager who played Dozell instead of EDB, subbed Larkeche when he was all over their Right back and reduced Chairs effectiveness by putting hims wide left where they doubled up + nullified our main attacking threat.

You play football manager don't you and let me guess you got your team promoted and you now think your a pro šŸ‘
Dykes on 16:47 - Dec 26 with 1555 viewsQPunkR

For all those harping on about the lack of service to Dykes (and of course there is a solid point there) just look at the prick in the second half - given the ball and a free run to the edge of the area, he decides not to shoot. From the edge of the fkn box. Fk me sideways

QPR - "shit but local"

Dykes on 16:49 - Dec 26 with 1535 viewsrbee

Dykes on 16:44 - Dec 26 by bakerloo8

Can't win a header. Zero goal threat, no link play. Not sure what you're trying to defend here, he was nowhere near the required level

Dykes was at his best when he had Austin playing alongside him and coaching him.

Release him from his contract and give someone else a go.
Dykes on 16:56 - Dec 26 with 1492 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes on 16:44 - Dec 26 by Rangersw12

You play football manager don't you and let me guess you got your team promoted and you now think your a pro šŸ‘

No I dont

But Championship football's a fairly basic game + Marti's in danger of over-complicating it + being too clever

That was a must'nt lose game today and his tactics, selections + subs lost us that game.
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes on 17:08 - Dec 26 with 1413 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Dykes on 16:44 - Dec 26 by bakerloo8

No one was near the required level today, not just Dykes. It's fine playing a loan striker, but he needs support, runners going beyond him.
None of this is happening. And they haven't been doing it for 2 years now.
Dykes on 17:32 - Dec 26 with 1339 viewsDamo1962

Dykes on 16:56 - Dec 26 by ParkRoyalR

No I dont

But Championship football's a fairly basic game + Marti's in danger of over-complicating it + being too clever

That was a must'nt lose game today and his tactics, selections + subs lost us that game.

I'm sure he will know if he made some mistakes today, but that is letting these players off in my opinion. They are never accountable.
Dykes on 17:42 - Dec 26 with 1297 viewslassel

Iā€™m not wild on Dykes but it seems an easy target to blame him - for me the biggest failure of Martiā€™s has been to continue leaving him so horrifically isolated week after week as badly as under Ainsworth.

We have no chance of scoring goals unless we get Chair or Willock up there with him. The ongoing stranding of Chair out on the left is completely incomprehensible. You donā€™t need to watch prematch film to know that Chair will try and cut back inside and aim for the top corner and he manages to pull it off maybe 1/100 times he tries it. Once that avenue is cutoff he stands on the ball, letā€™s everyone get back into shape and then lays it off back inside.

All it does is take 2x players out of the game.
Dykes on 17:46 - Dec 26 with 1287 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes on 17:32 - Dec 26 by Damo1962

I'm sure he will know if he made some mistakes today, but that is letting these players off in my opinion. They are never accountable.

Marti's making mistakes in the games that matter.

We've gone from Preston away 2nd Half where we were superb with Chair in the middle, Larkeche on the left and EDB attacking the box, back to..

A non-existent immobile midfield with Dykes isolated but more damning Chair on the left bye-line with two if not 3 defenders nullifying him,

I get without Willock we struggle to create + score but you have to start Cannon + EDB or maybe even try a change in formation in a must not lose game.
Dykes on 18:31 - Dec 26 with 1191 viewsNorthernr

Dykes on 17:46 - Dec 26 by ParkRoyalR

Marti's making mistakes in the games that matter.

We've gone from Preston away 2nd Half where we were superb with Chair in the middle, Larkeche on the left and EDB attacking the box, back to..

A non-existent immobile midfield with Dykes isolated but more damning Chair on the left bye-line with two if not 3 defenders nullifying him,

I get without Willock we struggle to create + score but you have to start Cannon + EDB or maybe even try a change in formation in a must not lose game.

Cannon clearly not fit, no pre-season, carrying a knock. Heā€™s got to play one on one off.

Weā€™ve lost 50 of our last 92 games, weā€™ve had 5 managers in this time. This idea weā€™ve got a great starting 11, or even a competent one, if only the manager would pick it is a crock.

This squad is abysmal. There are, at most, half a dozen of them get anywhere near getting in the midtable teams in this league.

Spending the summer handing out two year deals to try and beg Colback and Cook types to come and save us was fcking lunacy. No surprise theyā€™re all missing for Christmas, while Begovic is advertising a Boxing Day sale on his merchandise on socials. Maybe those cnts should have been told ā€˜culture guardianā€™ isnā€™t a WFH position.
Dykes on 18:32 - Dec 26 with 1188 viewsNorthernr

Dykes on 17:42 - Dec 26 by lassel

Iā€™m not wild on Dykes but it seems an easy target to blame him - for me the biggest failure of Martiā€™s has been to continue leaving him so horrifically isolated week after week as badly as under Ainsworth.

We have no chance of scoring goals unless we get Chair or Willock up there with him. The ongoing stranding of Chair out on the left is completely incomprehensible. You donā€™t need to watch prematch film to know that Chair will try and cut back inside and aim for the top corner and he manages to pull it off maybe 1/100 times he tries it. Once that avenue is cutoff he stands on the ball, letā€™s everyone get back into shape and then lays it off back inside.

How many more managers are going to do this before youā€™re persuaded itā€™s fck all to do with the manager?
Dykes on 18:35 - Dec 26 with 1174 viewsQPROslo

Dykes on 17:42 - Dec 26 by lassel

It helps when Chair occasionally varies things by going outside the defenders and cuts it back into the penalty area with his left foot, but didnt see that today. Dykes is usually isolated, I can only remember one occasion today when he laid a ball off near the penalty area, back to Dozzell. Smyth played wide and doesn't seem to get in there to support him
Dykes on 18:42 - Dec 26 with 1137 viewsNorthernr

Dykes on 18:35 - Dec 26 by QPROslo

It helps when Chair occasionally varies things by going outside the defenders and cuts it back into the penalty area with his left foot, but didnt see that today. Dykes is usually isolated, I can only remember one occasion today when he laid a ball off near the penalty area, back to Dozzell. Smyth played wide and doesn't seem to get in there to support him

We played the ball up to Dykes 4 times in the first 15 minutes, he gave it away every time.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, itā€™s a fcking duck.
Dykes on 18:57 - Dec 26 with 1062 viewslassel

Dykes on 18:32 - Dec 26 by Northernr

How many more managers are going to do this before youā€™re persuaded itā€™s fck all to do with the manager?

Iā€™m 100% onboard with you that ultimately the players are not good enough, confident enough or frankly smart enough to get out of the hole.

To state the obvious though, this is what we have, there isnā€™t going to be budget to do anything other than shuffle the deck chairs as we steam into the iceberg so the only chance of anything other than finishing bottom is to score the occasional goal. We arenā€™t going to do that with Dykes upfront alone and Chair hugging the left touchline, and we have nobody else who can replace Dykes, so to my naive mind which doesnā€™t have 1/1,000,000th the football knowledge of Marti, getting Chair and/or Willock in a central position between the lines is our only minimal chance.
Dykes on 19:05 - Dec 26 with 1041 viewspaulparker

Been here to long now and hasnā€™t ever been close to having 3 good games in a row
If we can get someone stupid enough to buy him in January then I would show him the door
He is utter gash

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot Thatā€™s there thatā€™s two, and thatā€™s Bowles Brian Moore

Dykes on 19:18 - Dec 26 with 1001 viewsdutch

Dykes. Not quite as good as Conor Washington.
Dykes on 19:23 - Dec 26 with 980 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes on 18:42 - Dec 26 by Northernr

We played the ball up to Dykes 4 times in the first 15 minutes, he gave it away every time.

But its too easy to condemn one of the few players to actually show for the ball as he did today, what about the less than honest players who just went missing?

If I recall rightly, could be wrong, those balls were panic balls out of the defence up the left flank when no midfielder showed and he was getting too easily crowded out, albeit a couple of them should have stuck,

Until I see a starting XI without Andre Dozzell I'm not giving up on this team of players, although it would help, as Lassel says, if we got Chair in the middle and the front 3 playing within the same orbit as each other.
Dykes on 19:41 - Dec 26 with 940 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Dykes on 18:42 - Dec 26 by Northernr

OK, but in your post match reports you write that if any of these players were any good, or not constantly injured, they wouldn't be at QPR. Dykes is not good enough, we all know that, but we have no other option.
Armstrong, Kelman?
Drop Dozzell for Richards?
Begovic for Archer?

I'll defend individuals if they just aren't good enough, like Dykes and Field, but it's the entire squad and club that is rotten.
Dykes on 20:18 - Dec 26 with 876 viewsRs_Holy

He runs around a lot but itā€™s aimless and thereā€™s very little else to his gameā€¦
Make intelligent runs (in the area) on a regular basis and his team mates would learn and anticipate themā€¦ it would give the team another dimension, make us less predictable, make us more difficult to defend against, lead to QPR actually scoring every now and thenā€¦ He needs to learn this or itā€™s time to try and find someone who can.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 20:32]
Dykes on 20:29 - Dec 26 with 834 viewsthemodfather

always said dykes is not an out and out striker and you cannot hope he will score 20 a season, lucky if he gets 10 .
Dykes on 20:48 - Dec 26 with 770 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes on 20:18 - Dec 26 by Rs_Holy

He runs around a lot but itā€™s aimless and thereā€™s very little else to his gameā€¦
Make intelligent runs (in the area) on a regular basis and his team mates would learn and anticipate themā€¦ it would give the team another dimension, make us less predictable, make us more difficult to defend against, lead to QPR actually scoring every now and thenā€¦ He needs to learn this or itā€™s time to try and find someone who can.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2023 20:32]

Austin's movement in the box was 2nd to none and they could'nt find him on a regular basis, can recall Chair picking him out mayb twice in how many games they played together?

Dykes movement is much improved, and the forward players do make good runs, as Smyth did down the right today where Chair failed to see him running through on goal, Smyth duly went nuts, as we often saw Andre Gray do, as we do not move the ball quickly enough.

Fact is if any of our players were great we would have had more than a Ā£2m bid for them (and I think that was for Dykes) but as Warburton showed at times, the right players starting with the right formation and they can play better than they did today.
Dykes on 20:50 - Dec 26 with 761 viewscalHoop

And he was to blame for the first goal. Abysmal control to give the ball straight back to millwall, for them to break on us. Getting worse by the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024