Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My team for Tuesday night 17:38 - Nov 26 with 4803 viewsJimthehip

For tomorrow, I'd play -

-----------Begovic-----------
--Cannon--Cook--JCS--Paal
-----Colback-----Field------
-------------Chair--------------
--Smyth---------------Willock
----------Armstrong----------

Dykes doesn't do enough for me. He doesn't suit the style of play and I think Armstrong with Smyth gives a ton of pace. Willock and Smyth can rotate too and it gives Chair the platform to be the playmaker. This does mean sacrificing a central midfielder but we're at home and we have to score and win games!

Obviously assuming JCS and Cannon are fit to play. If not then I'd stick with kakay and Dunne (I don't think we have another fit cb anyway)
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 17:54]
My team for Tuesday night on 13:50 - Nov 27 with 581 viewslassel

Chair has to be played centrally in a position to hurt the opposition.

Wide out left we all known exactly what he is going to try and do - if found near the halfway line he will roll his foot over the ball a few times, maybe try and a trick and then lay it off inside.

If found higher up the pitch he will try and cut inside and do a Rotherham across the keeper - we are not even professional footballers who watch enough take to know this stuff.

The only way we are going to score goals before Xmas is getting Chair and/or Willock the ball centrally with the option to have a go themselves or feed it wide for the pull back.
My team for Tuesday night on 13:50 - Nov 27 with 576 viewsJimthehip

My team for Tuesday night on 12:41 - Nov 27 by RBlock

Kolli has been struggling with a knee injury he picked up in a recent International Break and didn't make the squad against Norwich, so I wouldn't count on him leading the line.

Armstrong has looked good for Ireland in the break, but that's typically from the wing. I'm not sure he has the skillset to lead the line up front yet IMO. Lacks the touch and movement (although so does Dykes if we're being honest).

I'd like to see more of the Illy/Willy combinations now they're both fit and available, so I'd reinstate Smyth at RW and drop Chair into CM with Colback and Field, with Willock LW. Dixon-Bonner over Colback is a fair shout, but with Chair at CM I understand opting for control and solidity here.

Yeah my only concern for having Dixon-Bonner over Colback is with playing Chair more advanced does that leave us a little light in midfield. I don't know if colback is a safer more defensive option in there to counter play illy higher up the field.
My team for Tuesday night on 14:20 - Nov 27 with 518 viewsParkRoyalR

My team for Tuesday night on 13:49 - Nov 27 by QPROslo

A QPR player scoring and making goals that's what. It strikes me we're in a drought otherwise.

We are in a drought of creating chances as we have no creative midfielders.

We typically average 1 or 2 half chances per game.

60% possession on Saturday and all we had to show for it was:

1) Dykes being on his toes, anticipating and getting in front of his marker to plant a header from a corner the wrong side of the near post (altho the player defending did well to block the angle)

2) Dunne playing a 1st time pass into Field who shot wide (altho to be fair to Field the ball was slighlty under his feet rather than him being able to run on to and strike it)

And that was it.......same as most games.....1 or 2 half chances.....slow transition....poor set pieces....and our creative players unable to play a simple early 1st time ball

In the absence of a fully fit Willock, if we are relying on Chair & Dozzell to open up the opposition with quick passing & moving...well....given the inherent flaws in both their games and the stats....we can only hope Cifuentes is a quick learner and looks to change formation and somehow gets some creativity into that midfield and our offensive play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024