Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our corners? 21:34 - Dec 26 with 2315 viewsHammersmithR

Genuine question. When did we last score from one?

We had the farce of another short corner today where we were offside immediately. And like about 500 corners this season everyone today was either waist height or didn’t beat the near post. Our corners have been so poor for the last 2 or 3 years now.

Makes me think we might as well just let the opposition keeper take a goal kick.
Our corners? on 21:39 - Dec 26 with 2281 viewsQPunkR

That'll be the fine Glass-Salter effort in the meek surrender at Huddersfield, Shirley?

QPR - "shit but local"

Our corners? on 23:26 - Dec 26 with 2162 viewsHooparoo

Our corners? on 21:39 - Dec 26 by QPunkR

That'll be the fine Glass-Salter effort in the meek surrender at Huddersfield, Shirley?

This is one of the things that bugs me the most. I was no great footballer but I practiced free kicks and corners for hours till it eventually became my party piece. David Beckham used to get one of the keepers to stay behind after training at United and he would practice free kicks for another hour. If you practice the same skill over and over it becomes programmed into your brain. Look at how many hours tennis players practice hitting the same shot until it becomes second nature.

Our useless lot are just lazy and can’t be bothered improving it seems. Fcking over this current squad. Not fit to wear the hoops 😬

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Our corners? on 00:13 - Dec 27 with 2096 viewsqpr_1968

the corners are all shit....to be blunt.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Our corners? on 00:42 - Dec 27 with 2060 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Our corners? on 00:13 - Dec 27 by qpr_1968

the corners are all shit....to be blunt.

What stings more is Milwall scored the killer second goal from an excellent corner just as 10 minutes extra time was announced .
I have no idea what the set piece training is at our training but they might try with real nets because we are so bad its pathetic
Our corners? on 01:30 - Dec 27 with 2017 viewsozexile

Our corners? on 00:42 - Dec 27 by CLAREMAN1995

What stings more is Milwall scored the killer second goal from an excellent corner just as 10 minutes extra time was announced .
I have no idea what the set piece training is at our training but they might try with real nets because we are so bad its pathetic

Funnily enough from the football I've watched this year the amount of goals from corners seems to have increased. Which just about sums us up as a club that we can't be bothered with them.
Our corners? on 05:11 - Dec 27 with 1928 viewsNW5Hoop

The percentage of corners that result in goals is usually around 3 or 4 percent. So from one in every 25 corners to one in every 33 corners. It'll be a bit higher for teams who actually practise and are good it. Take them out and the average comes down a little lower. We don't score many goals full stop, so it wouldn't come as much of a surprise to learn we're crap at scoring from corners, too – but then most other teams are, too.
Our corners? on 07:12 - Dec 27 with 1875 viewsLondon_Pride

Why do we let Paal and Chair take them all? The same with free kicks. Dozzell or Willock would be a great improvement.
Our corners? on 10:32 - Dec 27 with 1716 viewsTheChef

We don't practice set pieces, hasn't everyone realised that by now?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Our corners? on 10:36 - Dec 27 with 1702 viewsLanhoop

Our corners? on 10:32 - Dec 27 by TheChef

We don't practice set pieces, hasn't everyone realised that by now?

Edited for accuracy...

We don't practice, hasn't everyone realised that by now?
Our corners? on 10:58 - Dec 27 with 1656 viewsactonman

Me and my son were saying the same yesterday, pathetic set pieces !

Except for the Huddersfield game where we managed to get the ball into the box every time for their x4 six foot defenders to easily clear every time

Oh someone ask me about out throw ins ?? I would happily forfeit any throw we get as we generally lose possession straight after and put ourself under pressure

Kids football has more structure
Our corners? on 11:02 - Dec 27 with 1647 viewsgazza1

Our corners? on 00:42 - Dec 27 by CLAREMAN1995

Excellent corner (Not) that Begovic should have dealt with very easily for a great Premiership goalkeeper!!!!

I was taught, a long time ago now, that if there is a two on one situation corner then a a short corner should be done, it gives several other options.......which is what proper footballer all over the park should want.
Our corners? on 11:10 - Dec 27 with 1631 viewsbosh67

Seemed to be one of the few things Dozzell could actually do.

Needs to be better set piece planning offensively and defensively.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Our corners? on 11:49 - Dec 27 with 1593 viewsted_hendrix

Many decades ago I Was at the old Manor ground Oxford when we got a corner In the last minute, as the ball was expertly delivered into the box Rodney Marsh leapt up like a spring chicken thingy and headed the ball into the net and we won the game.
A few decades ago I was at Huddersfield's shit hole one delightful January evening when we get a corner in the last minute and Trevor Sinclair delivered a delicious ball into the box for the brilliant and much missed Alan McDonald to roar through the Huddersfield defenders and head the ball into the net thus allowing us to win the game.
One Saturday afternoon whilst taking In the delights of the away end at Sheffield Wednesday F.C. we get a corner much to the delight of nobody In particular, Up stepped the one and only Gregory Ronald St Clair Goodridge to take said corner, Gregory Ronald St Clair Goodridge's corner was duly delivered into the box and not only did It beat the first Man It actually disappeared out into the stratosphere returning after about 55 seconds before sailing of It's own free will into the Sheffield Wednesday F.Clubs net.

Deep joy.

They don't make them like that anymore.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Our corners? on 13:14 - Dec 27 with 1523 viewsE17hoop

Short corners are an abomination and with the exception of Millwall away a couple of years ago, are ineffective and a complete waste.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Our corners? on 13:31 - Dec 27 with 1470 viewscollegeranger

Under Venables we did the massed ranks outside of the box and all rush into the box in different directions and in the ensuing chaos invariably scored.

Now we just put Jimmy Dunne and or Sam Field on the keeper wait for the ref to have a word then as soon as the ball is delivered the ref blows for a foul! Inept and frustrating in equal measure!
Our corners? on 19:07 - Dec 27 with 1364 viewsBillericayR

Should try this....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-67695485
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024