Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long-term 12:51 - Dec 28 with 1949 viewsGaryBannister86

Those 5 year and 10 year tables just show how long and deep the malaise is at Rangers. As tempting as it is to lay everything at Ainsworth's door, it obviously isn't the root of the issue.

I have been very impressed with Marti and perhaps we have asked him to perform one too many miracles with this bunch of jokers. I suspect we are doomed to League One and although he may turn out, of course, to be no good I think it would be a good option to commit to him now. My point is to commit to him rather than the players.

I know the owners are, as always, asleep on the job, but let's turn the power away from the players. Let's stop them doing a Critchley again and thinking they can get another one sacked / blame the manager for their own inadequacies.

How to do that? Come out now with a 5 year new contract for Marti (with large release fee). State openly that he will be kept even if we are relegated.

Basically say it is this group of players, not the manager, that is the issue. Make them realise that it will be them out the door and not the manager.

I know that is putting a lot of eggs into a Marti basket, but I think he's shown enough.

Worth a try?
Long-term on 15:36 - Dec 28 with 1767 viewsMatch82

In all honesty, do you think he wants to sign a 5 year contract with a big release clause?
Long-term on 15:38 - Dec 28 with 1753 viewsderbyhoop

How long is his contract? 2.5 years, I think. Which is enough for any Championship manager, where the average tenure is 14 months.

We've already established that half the 1st team squad are out of contract at end June 2024. So the option is already there to dispense with players.

2 issues.
You still need them to give their all until early May. You still need to turn out a starting XI + 9 subs every week.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Long-term on 15:40 - Dec 28 with 1747 viewsGaryBannister86

Long-term on 15:36 - Dec 28 by Match82

In all honesty, do you think he wants to sign a 5 year contract with a big release clause?

I don't see why not - if the players get him the sack then at the very best his reputation has stalled and he has made one step back in his career.

Hopefully he can see the club's potential - not the squad - phenomenal fan turn outs considering our record, the training ground (!) and can invest in it. Obviously, he would have to want to invest in it.

I would just rather put my faith in Marti (with no QPR connections) than the utter shambles the players have become.

I know very little about football, tactics, etc. But I refuse to believe that if Marti had free reign he would ever let some of the dross he currently has to pick be anywhere near his squad.

The brilliant last post further up about Colback just sums up QPR for me. A dependable Champo midfielder all his career - turns up at QPR and....you know the rest.

I genuinely believe we could sign Jude Bellingham and he would turn into Kakay within 6 months.
Long-term on 15:51 - Dec 28 with 1708 viewsted_hendrix

He's had Ten games so far of which he's won three, lost Four and drawn Three.

So in my book he's hardly 'ripped up any trees' and those Ten results do not warrant an extension of his contract.

It's painfully obvious that even with the squad of players we've got we are or we were always gonna struggle.

At the time of writing and with QPR sat In a relegation spot Martí Cifuentes hasn't achieved anything yet.

That's how I see It.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Long-term on 15:52 - Dec 28 with 1703 viewsThGrimRanger

we took Ainsworth on a 3.5 year contract. Normally what happens with sacked managers is we pay it until they get a new job.

In Ainsworth's case I reckon we'll be paying it until the end of 2026 subsedising his music career. All a bit like Taylor Richards 4 year deal ..... hundreds of thousands of pounds wasted.

TheGrimRanger

Long-term on 15:57 - Dec 28 with 1680 viewsGaryBannister86

Long-term on 15:51 - Dec 28 by ted_hendrix

So in my book he's hardly 'ripped up any trees' and those Ten results do not warrant an extension of his contract.

It's painfully obvious that even with the squad of players we've got we are or we were always gonna struggle.

At the time of writing and with QPR sat In a relegation spot Martí Cifuentes hasn't achieved anything yet.

That's how I see It.

I know it's a punt, but we have to gamble on something. I would rather gamble on Marti than another awful load of Championship mercenaries like Colback and Begovic.

He may not have ripped up any trees results-wise, but he has given us some performances like Hull and Preston that we thought were long gone. I also think he has impressed in philosophy and demeanour.

That is all I have. Slim pickings as they say, but right now, enough for me.
Long-term on 16:02 - Dec 28 with 1649 viewsqpr_1968

and its been 10 years since i took my grandson to his first game.....
he's been going every season since.
he's 17 now and loves the r's with a passion.

i've told him his day will come....

i think we were spoilt at growing up his age.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Long-term on 18:24 - Dec 28 with 1480 viewsKerryE

That's how I see It.

So would average out 55 points over a season. Could be worse in my opinion. But we will see.
Login to get fewer ads

Long-term on 00:05 - Dec 29 with 1322 viewsozexile

Going to back to the title of the thread many of us on here have been very critical of us selecting what games to really compete in
For years we've sacked off cup games to focus on the league. We can see now that is completely laughable. Where has it got us? Time for a complete overhaul of everything connected with this cursed club. Keep.Marti the rest can bail!
Long-term on 00:53 - Dec 29 with 1255 viewsKerryE

Also on the op, if say we finish 16th for the next 10 years, we will have lost about £240 million! Is is vaguely correct?
Could buy a big plot of land around Old Oak Common for that could we not?
Long-term on 01:23 - Dec 29 with 1230 viewsstainrods_elbow

That's how I see It.

How you 'see' it is clear as mud. You say (i) MC has overseen a mediocre ten games (though still a big improvement on Ainsworth - not hard!) and therefore shouldn't be recontracted but (ii) the squad is a crock of shit and no one could do any better anyway. Damned either way, I guess.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Long-term on 01:25 - Dec 29 with 1225 viewsstainrods_elbow

Long-term on 15:52 - Dec 28 by ThGrimRanger

we took Ainsworth on a 3.5 year contract. Normally what happens with sacked managers is we pay it until they get a new job.

In Ainsworth's case I reckon we'll be paying it until the end of 2026 subsedising his music career. All a bit like Taylor Richards 4 year deal ..... hundreds of thousands of pounds wasted.

Does all the compensation we're paying to our hired and fired managers get separately itemised in the annual accounts? The amount of money Les, Lee and the Board have cost our club on that basis alone makes me what to line up the lot of them against a convenient wall in South Africa Road and terminate their sorry arses.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2023 1:26]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Long-term on 01:45 - Dec 29 with 1206 viewsPunteR

That's how I see It.

Our problems aren't the manager Ted.

In some ways i would love to have seen what Warnock would do with this group of players , my guess is he'd be hanging them out to dry.
Critchley sussed them early doors.
Eustace also called out the losers mentality.
Beale bailed out on them.
MacClaren ditched most of them and loaned in a "team of men"
Warburton and possibly our nutter Holloway have been the only managers to be successful with their remit , only to be ditched by the club.
JFH.. it is what it is ..
Ramsey. Still here somehow.. coaching.

That absolute weapon Fernandes has sloped off through the back door who started this shit show. I called him out years ago, like others did. I say i called him out. I just moaned on social media.
What would Pep Guardiola do with this squad Ted?

Theres a reason why Ferdinand and Bhatia are not here anymore. They are the main reason why we are in this current position. It kinda pisses me off Bhatia has his name over the SA stand but at the same time im like yeh fak it . If that raises funds , so be it. Should have done it sooner if it was that easy.

Marti Cifuentes needs our support. He might bail end of the season but we need to get behind this bloke just to show these millennial players they cant have it their own way.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024