Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just what is it with welsh labour 18:57 - Dec 29 with 3824 viewsBoundy

People don't use the bridge because they want to but have to

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12908319/Welsh-Labour-council-moves-rei

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:18 - Jan 1 with 685 viewsSullutaCreturned

Just what is it with welsh labour on 11:49 - Jan 1 by Boundy

Understood but we as a nation or rather the sennedd had an opportunity to try to aliveate the problem but this was rejected due to party politics. There are many routes through England into mid Wales (not all suitable as a daily drive which I accept) but how does one traverse a tidal estuary unless you put up with the bottle neck or add at least an hour and a half by travelling up via Chepstow North. That extra distance makes a hell of a difference for LGV drivers who have to comply with their tacho .

Your last line is a big part of the problem, it adversely affects trade coming into South Wales via HGV. A driver, whichever way he goes, may fall foul of his tacho and have to park up. If he fails to meet his target he could be stuck overnight which then carries a knock on effect.
Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:27 - Jan 1 with 683 viewsshingle

Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:23 - Dec 31 by waynekerr55

If you think the Tories are the lesser of the two evils when they've just undertaken one of the largest transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich in the past 13 years then there really is no hope for you. For a party of sound money, they are pretty dire at that, aren't they?

And for more bonus points, which party could do something about migration but chooses not to so they can howl on GBN, in the Mail and in the Telegraph? Which party has actually over seen huge increases in net migration? It's not actually labour...

The real problem lies in FPTP, proportional representation is the way forward, where parties have to work together in the national interest to deliver for the people.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 18:25]

Why are you telling me how bad the Tories are i am well aware of that there dire and terrible, i also believe Labour will be just as bad or worse, your reply make`s it look as if you believe Labour will be good for the country if that is the case then you are the one in which there is no hope for, plainly and simply despite all your FPTP and having a go at GBN jargon both the Tories and Labour are a menace to society and why even bring up something like both parties working together have you any idea by just saying that shows just how naive you are, you also need to look up Blair's Labour government and migration to educate yourself on that matter then you will learn just who it was that lit the torch paper for this problem of migration. lol
Just what is it with welsh labour on 20:54 - Jan 1 with 636 viewswaynekerr55

Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:27 - Jan 1 by shingle

Why are you telling me how bad the Tories are i am well aware of that there dire and terrible, i also believe Labour will be just as bad or worse, your reply make`s it look as if you believe Labour will be good for the country if that is the case then you are the one in which there is no hope for, plainly and simply despite all your FPTP and having a go at GBN jargon both the Tories and Labour are a menace to society and why even bring up something like both parties working together have you any idea by just saying that shows just how naive you are, you also need to look up Blair's Labour government and migration to educate yourself on that matter then you will learn just who it was that lit the torch paper for this problem of migration. lol

I'm not saying Labour are perfect, but facts are facts. Who has been in for nearly 14 years, promised unicorns and radically increased legal and illegal migration? It's now 2024 which has nothing to do with Tony Blair. "No parliament may be hindered by it's predecessor".

Successive parliaments have chosen to do nothing rather than howl and play to the crowd. However my main point is until we have sweeping electoral reform and people stop doffing their caps to people with posh accents, we are Donald ducked as they say
[Post edited 1 Jan 21:06]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Just what is it with welsh labour on 21:38 - Jan 1 with 617 viewsbuilthjack

Just what is it with welsh labour on 11:49 - Jan 1 by Boundy

Understood but we as a nation or rather the sennedd had an opportunity to try to aliveate the problem but this was rejected due to party politics. There are many routes through England into mid Wales (not all suitable as a daily drive which I accept) but how does one traverse a tidal estuary unless you put up with the bottle neck or add at least an hour and a half by travelling up via Chepstow North. That extra distance makes a hell of a difference for LGV drivers who have to comply with their tacho .

As with most areas of England. Too much traffic on all roads.
Night time deliveries need to be done . Why are HGV’s delivering daytime to all the superstores?
There really is no need.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Just what is it with welsh labour on 21:55 - Jan 1 with 615 viewsDr_Winston

I'd suggest that the Welsh Govt should be doing more to make life easier for private companies, not dictating to them when they can conduct their business because it is inconvenient for the Senedd.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Just what is it with welsh labour on 22:01 - Jan 1 with 610 viewsBoundy

Just what is it with welsh labour on 21:38 - Jan 1 by builthjack

As with most areas of England. Too much traffic on all roads.
Night time deliveries need to be done . Why are HGV’s delivering daytime to all the superstores?
There really is no need.

I see once again you've ignored the fact that the motorway system around Newport / Cardiff could have been vastly improved .Can you regularly travel to work by public transport and if not why not ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Just what is it with welsh labour on 22:37 - Jan 1 with 600 viewsbuilthjack

Just what is it with welsh labour on 22:01 - Jan 1 by Boundy

I see once again you've ignored the fact that the motorway system around Newport / Cardiff could have been vastly improved .Can you regularly travel to work by public transport and if not why not ?

Of course it could be vastly improved. As could most major roads in England.
Yes, if going to an office I could get to work every day, on public transport.
But if on the road no,,as I travel all over, and usually start at 6 to avoid traffic. But always get caught in traffic in the midlands from 7am onwards.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:11 - Jan 2 with 538 viewsshingle

Just what is it with welsh labour on 20:54 - Jan 1 by waynekerr55

I'm not saying Labour are perfect, but facts are facts. Who has been in for nearly 14 years, promised unicorns and radically increased legal and illegal migration? It's now 2024 which has nothing to do with Tony Blair. "No parliament may be hindered by it's predecessor".

Successive parliaments have chosen to do nothing rather than howl and play to the crowd. However my main point is until we have sweeping electoral reform and people stop doffing their caps to people with posh accents, we are Donald ducked as they say

They have been in for 14 years because the British public have voted them in that is how bad they think Labour is, and Welsh Labour is a great excuse for the rest of the country not to vote Labour, Labour say they are going to do this and that if they get elected but when asked just how they will do this and that they can not give a feasible answer as i say it really is a case of replacing Gary Glitter with Jimmy Saville we are in a right mess people need to pluck up some courage and avoid voting for either and see where the result takes us and if the newly elected turn out to be a failure just like these two are then we can always vote one of them back in when the next election comes around.
Login to get fewer ads

Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:55 - Jan 2 with 508 viewswaynekerr55

Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:11 - Jan 2 by shingle

They have been in for 14 years because the British public have voted them in that is how bad they think Labour is, and Welsh Labour is a great excuse for the rest of the country not to vote Labour, Labour say they are going to do this and that if they get elected but when asked just how they will do this and that they can not give a feasible answer as i say it really is a case of replacing Gary Glitter with Jimmy Saville we are in a right mess people need to pluck up some courage and avoid voting for either and see where the result takes us and if the newly elected turn out to be a failure just like these two are then we can always vote one of them back in when the next election comes around.

Well to be fair to you, Milliband and Corbyn were hardly viable alternatives.

On your last point, that's why we urgently need electoral reform. People of all persuasions should have a voice and apathy leads us to where we are now!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Just what is it with welsh labour on 09:48 - Jan 6 with 403 viewscontroversial_jack

Many weren't happy with Labour, and I get that, it's their opinions, but to keep voting the Tories in as some hind of protest vote has backfired tremendously
Just what is it with welsh labour on 12:41 - Jan 6 with 368 viewsFlashberryjack

Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:11 - Jan 2 by shingle

Not only Wales, also take a look at English cities controlled by a Labour Mayor and council, that should tell you why people that want to vote the conservatives out, are still concerned about voting Labour.

Frying pan into the fire syndrome.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Just what is it with welsh labour on 13:24 - Jan 6 with 346 viewsSullutaCreturned

Just what is it with welsh labour on 20:54 - Jan 1 by waynekerr55

The second paragraph, the big problem there is that the people who we need to make those changes are the people who are the problem.

Don't expaect that any time soon the Turkeys will start voting for Christmas!

In fact, here in Wales the Turkeys are very busy trying to get rid of Christmas so they can stay free range forever.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024