Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just what is it with welsh labour 18:57 - Dec 29 with 3828 viewsBoundy

People don't use the bridge because they want to but have to

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12908319/Welsh-Labour-council-moves-rei

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Just what is it with welsh labour on 09:58 - Dec 31 with 747 viewsonehunglow

Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:37 - Dec 30 by builthjack

The Senedd have no plans whatsoever to reintroduce tolls.

Perhaps England should get rid of toll roads too.
That’s what you guys need to comment on and fight against.

Tolls….
Read this. It’s worth it.

Two quid for the privilege of crossing the river

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Just what is it with welsh labour on 10:03 - Dec 31 with 740 viewsDr_Winston

Just what is it with welsh labour on 09:11 - Dec 31 by waynekerr55

Aside from the wars New Labour's biggest mistake was not regulating these shîtty rags out of business. cloughie was right about the damage these parasites have caused

Regulating all media that disagrees with your point of view out of existence is something totalitarian states do.

I don't and never have read The Mail. I would defend its right to exist. Just like the Morning Star.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Just what is it with welsh labour on 10:11 - Dec 31 with 730 viewsonehunglow

Just what is it with welsh labour on 10:03 - Dec 31 by Dr_Winston

Regulating all media that disagrees with your point of view out of existence is something totalitarian states do.

I don't and never have read The Mail. I would defend its right to exist. Just like the Morning Star.

The newspaper one reads often depends on one’s political view point.
If left,then it’s The Guardian - for the “educated” or the Mirror for the rest.
Express for those who still get upset over us losing India and those pink co,lured countries in the map of the world .
The Mail,we get it on a Saturday ,me for sport coverage.Wifey for TV guide .
Neither of us are influenced by its political trust and that’s the case for the majority .

Just what is it with welsh labour on 10:33 - Dec 31 with 716 viewsGwyn737

Still very apt:

[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 10:35]
Just what is it with welsh labour on 14:27 - Dec 31 with 650 viewswaynekerr55

Just what is it with welsh labour on 10:03 - Dec 31 by Dr_Winston

I think you've misunderstood what I've said. The Mail, sun et Al have done untold damage to this country with the bike and lies they tell on a daily basis.

Edit, my crack handed wording. Actually regulating the shîtty behaviour was my point, sorry Winston!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 14:31]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Just what is it with welsh labour on 14:33 - Dec 31 with 641 viewsSullutaCreturned

Just what is it with welsh labour on 14:27 - Dec 31 by waynekerr55

I think you've misunderstood what I've said. The Mail, sun et Al have done untold damage to this country with the bike and lies they tell on a daily basis.

Edit, my crack handed wording. Actually regulating the shîtty behaviour was my point, sorry Winston!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 14:31]

They do it in support of political parties that have done even more damage to this country.

I haven't read the DM, Mirror, Guardian, Sun etc in a very long while. I also try to avoid watching tv news, its only ever full of bad stuff, more and more misery. Gaza, Ukraine, poverty, disease, homlessness, crime. I had enough of that depressing shiteshow..
Just what is it with welsh labour on 15:51 - Dec 31 with 624 viewsbuilthjack

Just what is it with welsh labour on 09:20 - Dec 31 by Boundy

You must realise that despite the tolls being removed , the average speed between the Severn bridge and the Brynglas tunnels is 40 mph ,daily . The speed limit on the M48 ( designated 70mph motorway is now down to 50mph . the main arterial routes into and out of s Wales are a disgrace, just think what an improvement to our economy if we had a transport system worthy of its name .

Aye. I did a long spell,at 50mph coming from Coventry on Friday night. Theroads were quiet but speed cameras everywhere.
The other day I went around the many many roundabouts by Worcester, 5 miles in an hour and a quarter.
An absolute disgrace.
I went to London a few months ago, crawled for an hour and a half at about 3mph.
Try it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Just what is it with welsh labour on 16:17 - Dec 31 with 613 viewsmax936

Unbelievable, If dullhole Dreadful hadn't pulled the plug on the Tunnel Bypass it would be at least partially built by now and motorists and businesses would be seeing light at the end of a dark tunnel.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Just what is it with welsh labour on 16:21 - Dec 31 with 613 viewsmax936

Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:09 - Dec 29 by Flashberryjack

And to think that Labour will be in Power at Westminster after the next general election !!!

From the frying pan into the fire.

What's that got to do with Welsh labour, crazy statement, although I've little to no faith in either assembly. But this Tory party need to be sent back into hibernation that is long overdue.

Just what is it with welsh labour on 16:22 - Dec 31 with 612 viewsmax936

Just what is it with welsh labour on 19:28 - Dec 29 by Boundy

Would that be an English labour or welsh labour spokesperson

Just what is it with welsh labour on 16:46 - Dec 31 with 610 viewsmax936

Just what is it with welsh labour on 05:38 - Dec 31 by builthjack

No they won’t.
They got rid. It has saved business’s and individuals £1000s, millions in some cases.

But England have tolls.
They should get rid, not rob individuals and business’s every day.

They do enough robbing on the A40, between Carmarthen and St Clears, with their mobile speed camera, its a dual carriageway and which is mostly a clear road especially by where they are parked by the show ground, a fair few of the lads been caught going over 60 in the vans.

Just what is it with welsh labour on 17:24 - Dec 31 with 597 viewsFlashberryjack

Just what is it with welsh labour on 16:21 - Dec 31 by max936

What's that got to do with Welsh labour, crazy statement, although I've little to no faith in either assembly. But this Tory party need to be sent back into hibernation that is long overdue.

Frying pan into the fire mate.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:19 - Dec 31 with 578 viewsshingle

Just what is it with welsh labour on 17:24 - Dec 31 by Flashberryjack

Frying pan into the fire mate.

The problem is all of Labour, one worrying reason is that they encourage mass Immigration knowing 85% of these people will vote for them, the Tories are really bad but amazingly the lesser of two evils in other words were fcuked, unless people see sense and refrain from voting for either of them.
Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:23 - Dec 31 with 577 viewswaynekerr55

Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:19 - Dec 31 by shingle

The problem is all of Labour, one worrying reason is that they encourage mass Immigration knowing 85% of these people will vote for them, the Tories are really bad but amazingly the lesser of two evils in other words were fcuked, unless people see sense and refrain from voting for either of them.

If you think the Tories are the lesser of the two evils when they've just undertaken one of the largest transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich in the past 13 years then there really is no hope for you. For a party of sound money, they are pretty dire at that, aren't they?

And for more bonus points, which party could do something about migration but chooses not to so they can howl on GBN, in the Mail and in the Telegraph? Which party has actually over seen huge increases in net migration? It's not actually labour...

The real problem lies in FPTP, proportional representation is the way forward, where parties have to work together in the national interest to deliver for the people.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 18:25]

Just what is it with welsh labour on 20:29 - Dec 31 with 541 viewsSullutaCreturned

Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:23 - Dec 31 by waynekerr55

If you think the Tories are the lesser of the two evils when they've just undertaken one of the largest transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich in the past 13 years then there really is no hope for you. For a party of sound money, they are pretty dire at that, aren't they?

And for more bonus points, which party could do something about migration but chooses not to so they can howl on GBN, in the Mail and in the Telegraph? Which party has actually over seen huge increases in net migration? It's not actually labour...

The real problem lies in FPTP, proportional representation is the way forward, where parties have to work together in the national interest to deliver for the people.

Tony Blairs labour opened the doors to mass migration.

The tories have managed our money really well, the rich have 80% of it, they did a great job of robbing us!

proportional rep, party's working together, what has actually happened when we had coalition governments?

What has happened in the Senedd with Labour and Plaid working together?

That's because politicians see the national interest as doing what serves THEM the best. 18% pay rises, we deserve it, big expense accounts, we deserve it, gerrymandering to ensure Labour always wins, WE deserve it. Of course the tories so all this too, its not the individual parties per se, it's politicians as a whole. They are all greedy, self serving....I'll stop there or I may say something that draws the moderators ire!
Just what is it with welsh labour on 20:46 - Dec 31 with 533 viewsbuilthjack

Just what is it with welsh labour on 16:46 - Dec 31 by max936

They do enough robbing on the A40, between Carmarthen and St Clears, with their mobile speed camera, its a dual carriageway and which is mostly a clear road especially by where they are parked by the show ground, a fair few of the lads been caught going over 60 in the vans.

Aye, same in England.
Cameras everywhere.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Just what is it with welsh labour on 21:35 - Dec 31 with 523 viewsKilkennyjack

Just what is it with welsh labour on 18:23 - Dec 31 by waynekerr55

Brilliant post.

Beware of the Risen People

Just what is it with welsh labour on 21:42 - Dec 31 with 523 viewsKilkennyjack

Just what is it with welsh labour on 09:20 - Dec 31 by Boundy

You must realise that despite the tolls being removed , the average speed between the Severn bridge and the Brynglas tunnels is 40 mph ,daily . The speed limit on the M48 ( designated 70mph motorway is now down to 50mph . the main arterial routes into and out of s Wales are a disgrace, just think what an improvement to our economy if we had a transport system worthy of its name .

So you support Wales getting the billions that we were cheated out of by the factually England only HS2 being erroneously labelled as an England and Wales scheme ?

Scotland got consequential monies.
The north of Ireland get consequential monies.
Wales got feck all.

Welsh tax payers also helped fund HS2.

The Tory Great Train Robbery ….

Beware of the Risen People

Just what is it with welsh labour on 22:29 - Dec 31 with 515 viewswaynekerr55

Just what is it with welsh labour on 20:29 - Dec 31 by SullutaCreturned

Tony Blairs labour opened the doors to mass migration.

The tories have managed our money really well, the rich have 80% of it, they did a great job of robbing us!

proportional rep, party's working together, what has actually happened when we had coalition governments?

What has happened in the Senedd with Labour and Plaid working together?

That's because politicians see the national interest as doing what serves THEM the best. 18% pay rises, we deserve it, big expense accounts, we deserve it, gerrymandering to ensure Labour always wins, WE deserve it. Of course the tories so all this too, its not the individual parties per se, it's politicians as a whole. They are all greedy, self serving....I'll stop there or I may say something that draws the moderators ire!

Tony Blair was a long long time ago, like I said the Tories have had ample time to do something and they've made it worse. Dare I say it an opportunity from Brexit was to heavily invest in home grown skilled labour (especially in construction, digital/tech) through the apprenticeship levy and they've buggered that up too.

We always had the opportunity to send EU migrants packing after 3 months if they weren't in work, but it was "cheaper" to keep them on the sausage roll rather than fully staff border force.

And on PR, that gives a broader presence for candidates from the left and right. As it stands no doubt Froggy Führage and Tice will bottle it and stand down to help the Tories like they did in 2019. With PR they have a seat at the table and are accountable in parliament. It cannot be any worse than the arcane FPTP and instead of Muppets like Corbyn and Tice howling with little to no influence, they have to enact what they've promised their loyal followers
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 22:37]

Just what is it with welsh labour on 22:33 - Dec 31 with 511 viewsAnotherJohn

Going back to the tolls, I suppose the proposal is just an option for revenue generation in a Council planning document, but the ripples have gone further than the Mail. Is Bristol Live a Tory outfit? It seems quite "right on" re other issues.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/reintroduction-of-tolls-on-severn-bridges-
Just what is it with welsh labour on 09:20 - Jan 1 with 468 viewsBoundy

Just what is it with welsh labour on 15:51 - Dec 31 by builthjack

Aye. I did a long spell,at 50mph coming from Coventry on Friday night. Theroads were quiet but speed cameras everywhere.
The other day I went around the many many roundabouts by Worcester, 5 miles in an hour and a quarter.
An absolute disgrace.
I went to London a few months ago, crawled for an hour and a half at about 3mph.
Try it.

What's this to do with a journey across the M4 ? I notice you travel up through Worcester a lot ,with the traffic being that bad have you ever considered an alternative route ? the trouble for travellers heading into s Wales there is no viable alternative

Just what is it with welsh labour on 10:16 - Jan 1 with 453 viewsbuilthjack

Just what is it with welsh labour on 09:20 - Jan 1 by Boundy

What's this to do with a journey across the M4 ? I notice you travel up through Worcester a lot ,with the traffic being that bad have you ever considered an alternative route ? the trouble for travellers heading into s Wales there is no viable alternative

I head that way with work once a fortnight.
I have gone other ways but it’s just the same, getting to the places I need to go.
Too much traffic, the same as South Wales. Exactly the same.
People need to realise it’s not just a South Wales thing. It’s nationwide.

Just what is it with welsh labour on 11:00 - Jan 1 with 429 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Just what is it with welsh labour on 16:46 - Dec 31 by max936

They’re not really robbing though are they? If the lads in the vans and the rest of the traffic were going at 60 instead of over 60 then there wouldn’t be any fines issued. The best way to get rid of speed cameras is for them never to catch anyone until the point they get too costly to maintain. Yes they are a money making exercise and not there for safety reasons as they claim but they’ve been around for decades now it’s incredible that people still get caught by them. But then there are a lot of idiots on the road I suppose.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Just what is it with welsh labour on 11:17 - Jan 1 with 416 viewsonehunglow

Just what is it with welsh labour on 11:00 - Jan 1 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

They’re not really robbing though are they? If the lads in the vans and the rest of the traffic were going at 60 instead of over 60 then there wouldn’t be any fines issued. The best way to get rid of speed cameras is for them never to catch anyone until the point they get too costly to maintain. Yes they are a money making exercise and not there for safety reasons as they claim but they’ve been around for decades now it’s incredible that people still get caught by them. But then there are a lot of idiots on the road I suppose.

And there is the post of the year already.
Bravo Sir

Just what is it with welsh labour on 11:49 - Jan 1 with 397 viewsBoundy

Just what is it with welsh labour on 10:16 - Jan 1 by builthjack

I head that way with work once a fortnight.
I have gone other ways but it’s just the same, getting to the places I need to go.
Too much traffic, the same as South Wales. Exactly the same.
People need to realise it’s not just a South Wales thing. It’s nationwide.

Understood but we as a nation or rather the sennedd had an opportunity to try to aliveate the problem but this was rejected due to party politics. There are many routes through England into mid Wales (not all suitable as a daily drive which I accept) but how does one traverse a tidal estuary unless you put up with the bottle neck or add at least an hour and a half by travelling up via Chepstow North. That extra distance makes a hell of a difference for LGV drivers who have to comply with their tacho .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024