Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
hardest to find QPR shirts 11:44 - Jan 9 with 2133 viewsSpaceman_P

Although I'm not an avid collector, I try to pick up QPR shirts when I find them.

What are the rarest QPR shirts? even modern era ones which are hard to find?

hardest to find QPR shirts on 12:10 - Jan 9 with 2046 viewsSheffieldHoop

Off the top of my head, I would say the Dryworld kits are pretty commonly available, you can probably get your hands on most of the Lotto and Nike kits, but I'd say it gets a bit trickier with the LeCoq Spotief era and back from there.

And currently, I think Erra might've made a few too many of the home/away/third in their first season, since then the away kit has been harder to get hold of on secondary markets. I struggle to get my hands on a black/gold from a couple of years ago and I'm guessing the Barcelona one sold well as I haven't seen many of those.

I'm regularly on the lookout for mini kits for my 1 year old atm, so if anyone has one, chuck it on ebay and make yourselves a few quid.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

hardest to find QPR shirts on 13:00 - Jan 9 with 1946 viewsNoDiddley

Rarest? Without doubt the Blue Star Garage sponsored one from 1986/7 season, only ever seen one sold by an ex employee of the club, went for £1950!, then its Guinness depending on condition & size, same applies to 1982 FA cup red original. Anything post 2002 turn up regularly generally overpriced!
hardest to find QPR shirts on 13:18 - Jan 9 with 1881 viewsGloucs_R

Surely the Orange number has to be quite rare??

https://museumofjerseys.com/2020/11/05/football-league-classics-division-1-1990-

Poll: Are we staying up?

hardest to find QPR shirts on 13:20 - Jan 9 with 1871 viewsLongsufferingR

The rarest one is an Andre Dozzell shirt with any sweat or mud on it.
hardest to find QPR shirts on 13:24 - Jan 9 with 1835 viewsSheffieldHoop

Ironically some of the easiest shirts to find are the recent "Limited edition" in a souvenir box shirts, and match-worn poppy shirts. Inevitable I guess.

hardest to find QPR shirts on 13:37 - Jan 9 with 1788 viewsSBR_W6Hoop

I like buying up shirts that escaped me at the time to fill out the collection, albeit in sizes that fit me now as opposed to any old size! I still have all my old ones from back in the day (starting in '82-'83, when I was 3!).

As for rare ones there are a couple of orange 3rd shirts (from between '89-'91) that rarely come up for sale, that said I have seen 1-2 out there recently, at a price though!

The yellow 3rd shirt from 00-01 wasn't on general on-sale from memory so that one's up there, and as ND says the Blue Star ones from '86-'87 are as well I don't believe they ever went on general sale with the sponsor on (my one from back in the day is sponsor-less, as are most I have seen since). I was watching the match-worn Blue Star one that came & went on eBay recently. Crazy that it went for over £1,900, but looked great though!

Re. the recent black/gold away and then the Barcelona away I got the impression at the time that the club seemed to be producing less numbers of shirts to keep costs down and to gauge sales, and only produced more if/when the initial batches sold out. I could well be wrong on that front but makes sense given our financial predicament.
hardest to find QPR shirts on 13:43 - Jan 9 with 1766 viewsCateLeBonR

hardest to find QPR shirts on 13:24 - Jan 9 by SheffieldHoop

Ironically some of the easiest shirts to find are the recent "Limited edition" in a souvenir box shirts, and match-worn poppy shirts. Inevitable I guess.

I used to like Seny Dieng’s goalkeeper 3rd kits. He had an annoying habit of wearing them more than his other kits and they were nearly always nicer. There was the dark green one and the one I particularly liked was the purple/mauve kit he wore a couple of seasons ago. I even contacting the shop about it but they said they never make the keepers 3rd kit. So basically unless I break into Seny’s house and raid his wardrobe it’ll be very hard to find! To make matters worse they have produced 3 kits for Begovic this season and they’re all monstrous.

hardest to find QPR shirts on 13:50 - Jan 9 with 1726 viewswombat

hardest to find QPR shirts on 13:00 - Jan 9 by NoDiddley

Rarest? Without doubt the Blue Star Garage sponsored one from 1986/7 season, only ever seen one sold by an ex employee of the club, went for £1950!, then its Guinness depending on condition & size, same applies to 1982 FA cup red original. Anything post 2002 turn up regularly generally overpriced!

some silly prices in recent weeks , ive got a few from the 80s which ill be selling in the coming months on ebay prob .

did purchase prob one of the rarest shirts last year
peter huckers keeprs shirt from the 82 cup final , thats just for the pure history and ill never sell that shirt

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

hardest to find QPR shirts on 14:24 - Jan 9 with 1661 viewsSheffieldHoop

hardest to find QPR shirts on 13:50 - Jan 9 by wombat

some silly prices in recent weeks , ive got a few from the 80s which ill be selling in the coming months on ebay prob .

did purchase prob one of the rarest shirts last year
peter huckers keeprs shirt from the 82 cup final , thats just for the pure history and ill never sell that shirt

Ebay? With that lot, I would be going to Sotheby's on New Bond St!

hardest to find QPR shirts on 14:28 - Jan 9 with 1636 viewsthame_hoops

I had a look on Vinted recently, quite a few there. someone was selling the all white kit we released for the 50yr anniversary of the league cup win released in 2017 for £200. mines still in its presentation box. they sold it too as its gone now.

edit currently on Vinted, someone is selling an Orange Holland Fly KLM top for £440, Dennis the menace for £150 and the home kit for £150. i assume originals
[Post edited 9 Jan 14:30]
hardest to find QPR shirts on 14:32 - Jan 9 with 1618 viewsTheChef

hardest to find QPR shirts on 13:43 - Jan 9 by CateLeBonR

I used to like Seny Dieng’s goalkeeper 3rd kits. He had an annoying habit of wearing them more than his other kits and they were nearly always nicer. There was the dark green one and the one I particularly liked was the purple/mauve kit he wore a couple of seasons ago. I even contacting the shop about it but they said they never make the keepers 3rd kit. So basically unless I break into Seny’s house and raid his wardrobe it’ll be very hard to find! To make matters worse they have produced 3 kits for Begovic this season and they’re all monstrous.

Compared to what Begovic wears currently - like he just grabbed whatever he could find out of the kitbag! That odd sock combo he wears?

Talk about standards but it would help if the club captain looked relatively smart on the pitch.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024