Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colback or Dozzell? 16:00 - Jan 14 with 6448 viewsRed_Ranger

Was much anticipating the return of Colback.
He hardly touched the ball in the first 30 mins.
Gets booked.
Just when i was praying he gets substituted - nearly scores!!!

Thought Dozzell played better when he came on , but he frustrates when he gets the gig from kick off.

They both annoying. We miss Stephan in that role.
Colback or Dozzell? on 14:33 - Jan 15 with 567 viewsWadR

On the ball he's an upgrade on Dozzell. When our back 4 have possession, he actually asks for the ball and moves into space to receive. He's the only player bar Chair who offers for the ball from our throw ins and can take the ball under pressure without immediately kicking it out of play or gifting it to the opposition.

But all other elements I've been underwhelmed by - moany, picks up really soft bookings, looks a bit off the pace and has barely been available for selection.

With Clive on the yellow - Clarke-Salter forces a pass that is never on. Colback makes an orange card foul that he kinda has to make.

Dozzell was ok when he came on - seems keen to play the classy reverse pass, even when it's not on. And then his long ball straight to Hamer in the last min of injury time was criminal.
Colback or Dozzell? on 14:54 - Jan 15 with 517 viewsdannyblue

Colback was ok yesterday, but there's a problem when he plays on the left side of central midield. Once he turns inside, he's only able to pass it backwards or, at best, square.

Of course the same should the the case of a right footer on the right side, but it seemed extra evident with Jack yesterday.

If he played on the right side, he should be able to play the simple passes like that with the outside of his left, or his weaker foot. But then it would also open everything up for more ambitious switches or through balls.
Colback or Dozzell? on 15:12 - Jan 15 with 495 viewsgazza1

Colback or Dozzell? on 14:20 - Jan 15 by ParkRoyalR

Gazza,

Colback was a big improvement on Dozzell on Sunday but that was'nt a half-chance, that was an absolute gift, on his favoured left foot (?) and it did'nt so much as miss the post but miss the 6 Yard Box, that was the key moment in the game,

Regards my comments with Dykes being tasked with tracking / harrying Livermore, I did'nt say he was tasked with man2man marking all over the pitch and Livermore should'nt have had that space for the 2nd and should have been closed down quicker,

Colback was nearest man and should have picked him up, no big criticism but Colback was involved in the 2 key key moments in the game, one at each end, and should have done better in both instances.

I am not comparing the two players......they are totally different player as far as I am concerned so I am not interested in 'big improvement' stuff......

Re the so called Colback 'miss'......it was on his right foot 100% so you got that wrong. He made the opportunity by getting to the ball which came quickly and expectantly from a throw in, not a pass for him - he was actually on the edge of the box when the throw took place. And, also, it did not miss the 6 yard box. So you got that wrong too!!! Key moments, in your opinion, but I would suggest key moments were the 2 Armstrong misses, one just after H/T and one when Willock put him through and he mis-controlled the ball - they were key moments of the game and far better opportunities. And don't forget the free header in the first half!!! And BTW a 'gift' is when Dykes was clean through on goal, one on one with the keeper, and didn't score - that's a gift!!

Well, your comments suggested to me it was Dykes job to keep Livermore under control (never thought it was but didn't notice, still don't think it was either!!!), like man to man....Dykes was nowhere near the 2nd but Colback was defensive in the 6 yard box and came out quickly to shut him down but didn't get there. No blame on Colback but you thought that you would mention it even though, as you say 'no blame' - strange!!!

Suggest you check it all out again!!!!

Anyways, posters can say what they like about Colback, the Manager and me picked him to play yesterday!!!!

I have said enough, posters (& Norf) can think what they like but yesterday Colback was one of our best players and, if fit, will be playing against Millwall next Saturday.
Colback or Dozzell? on 15:35 - Jan 15 with 470 viewsParkRoyalR

Colback or Dozzell? on 15:12 - Jan 15 by gazza1

I am not comparing the two players......they are totally different player as far as I am concerned so I am not interested in 'big improvement' stuff......

Re the so called Colback 'miss'......it was on his right foot 100% so you got that wrong. He made the opportunity by getting to the ball which came quickly and expectantly from a throw in, not a pass for him - he was actually on the edge of the box when the throw took place. And, also, it did not miss the 6 yard box. So you got that wrong too!!! Key moments, in your opinion, but I would suggest key moments were the 2 Armstrong misses, one just after H/T and one when Willock put him through and he mis-controlled the ball - they were key moments of the game and far better opportunities. And don't forget the free header in the first half!!! And BTW a 'gift' is when Dykes was clean through on goal, one on one with the keeper, and didn't score - that's a gift!!

Well, your comments suggested to me it was Dykes job to keep Livermore under control (never thought it was but didn't notice, still don't think it was either!!!), like man to man....Dykes was nowhere near the 2nd but Colback was defensive in the 6 yard box and came out quickly to shut him down but didn't get there. No blame on Colback but you thought that you would mention it even though, as you say 'no blame' - strange!!!

Suggest you check it all out again!!!!

Anyways, posters can say what they like about Colback, the Manager and me picked him to play yesterday!!!!

I have said enough, posters (& Norf) can think what they like but yesterday Colback was one of our best players and, if fit, will be playing against Millwall next Saturday.

Gazza,
That miss was a shocker, left or right foot, and was nowhere near on target.
Dunne showed Colback how to strike the ball with his weaker foot btw.
Livermore showed Colback what an ex-Premier League player should be offering in this Division at his age.
Still a starter for me tho.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024