Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colback or Dozzell? 16:00 - Jan 14 with 6450 viewsRed_Ranger

Was much anticipating the return of Colback.
He hardly touched the ball in the first 30 mins.
Gets booked.
Just when i was praying he gets substituted - nearly scores!!!

Thought Dozzell played better when he came on , but he frustrates when he gets the gig from kick off.

They both annoying. We miss Stephan in that role.
Colback or Dozzell? on 08:03 - Jan 15 with 1124 viewsMidlands_Ranger

They are both more nothing than they are anything.....we are picking out such small moments of positive that its rediculous...both stink the place out. I'm as uninterested in them as they are in being here!
Colback or Dozzell? on 08:25 - Jan 15 with 1083 viewsdaveB

Colback for me but didn't think he played well yesterday. Got to score that chance at 1-0 and far too slow in closing down Livermore for the 2nd
Colback or Dozzell? on 09:53 - Jan 15 with 1010 viewsTheChef

The Colback yellow, JCS had just given the ball away in a dangerous area so don't think he had much choice with the challenge he made. Unlike the Field yellow in the first ten minutes. Just thick.

But you compare Colback to Livermore who is the same age, which player impacted the game more. And I'd have thought Colback would be that type of player to try influence the ref - unlike seemingly every other team we play.

We are that dangerous combination of not very clever and not very good.

As for the OP question - Colback every time, but that is not saying much.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Colback or Dozzell? on 12:52 - Jan 15 with 916 viewsE17hoop

We're missing the 'QB' type player who can spot what's needed and either ping it over the top, down a channel, or move it across the pitch. Colback does too many of the last one, Dozzell, too many of the second one. Their focus is too defensive when we have the ball; they need to step up into the space more and overload the middle. They don't - understandably - when they know Dunne is behind them, but with Cook and JCS there, I'd like to see more attack from them both.

Who's better? The point is moot if they're doing the same thing.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Colback or Dozzell? on 12:54 - Jan 15 with 906 viewsNorthernr

The whole centre of our midfield is just painfully depressing.

Colback did some decent things yesterday when you looked and thought 'ah, that's why managers like him'. But he looks painfully slow, woefully unfit, and when he does the tactical fouls you need your player to commit sometimes he does them with such needless OTT force that he's a walking red card.
Colback or Dozzell? on 13:17 - Jan 15 with 845 viewsTheChef

The fact our central midfield has barely evolved in two years is arguably the main reason we are where we are.

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:19 - Jan 15 with 837 viewsgazza1

Colback or Dozzell? on 08:25 - Jan 15 by daveB

Colback for me but didn't think he played well yesterday. Got to score that chance at 1-0 and far too slow in closing down Livermore for the 2nd

But Dave, I have been reliably informed, in one of the threads about yesterday's game, that Dykes was 'man to man' marking Livermore so Dykes is the issue there.
Colback or Dozzell? on 13:20 - Jan 15 with 835 viewsParkRoyalR

Colback or Dozzell? on 12:54 - Jan 15 by Northernr

Colback did some decent things yesterday when you looked and thought 'ah, that's why managers like him'. But he looks painfully slow, woefully unfit, and when he does the tactical fouls you need your player to commit sometimes he does them with such needless OTT force that he's a walking red card.

Northern, we're in the last chance saloon and you know Chair's the only remaining option.

Needs must recall Eustace moved Manning to LWB at Millwall away, re-suscitating his career, stats and value.

We have to free Illy up.
Login to get fewer ads

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:24 - Jan 15 with 820 viewsNorthantsHoop

Colback is a liability every time he plays suprised he lasted as long as he did without being sent off. Dozzell strolls about loses concentration and thinks he is a better footballer than he actually is. Personally Dixon-Bonnar is the player we should be focusing on, we looked much better when he is on the pitch in the midfield . The soonest we can ditch Colback and Dozzell the better these players like a lot of those in a QPR shirt yesterday are letting our club down. The only ones in yesterday's squad is worth keeping for the future are Armstrong, Dixon-Bonnar, Larkeche and Smyth, don't care about the rest of them.
Colback or Dozzell? on 13:27 - Jan 15 with 816 viewsNorthernr

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:20 - Jan 15 by ParkRoyalR

Northern, we're in the last chance saloon and you know Chair's the only remaining option.

Needs must recall Eustace moved Manning to LWB at Millwall away, re-suscitating his career, stats and value.

We have to free Illy up.

Deckchairs, Titanic.
Colback or Dozzell? on 13:32 - Jan 15 with 778 viewsgazza1

Colback or Dozzell? on 12:54 - Jan 15 by Northernr

1 - our CM isn't great, I agree...especially offensively.
2 - Colbeck done a lot of good things yesterday, I watched him very closely during the match because there are many on this MB who think he is useless. I can report back and say he played excellently in the first half - anybody, please look back carefully on the match replay, I have not - there is no need for me to do that I know what he done live and during the match. He worked hard, covered players, passed the ball very well and even made a run forward a couple of times. He did even more for the Manager, he has added extra stuff. I never noticed his lack of pace at all - his work is 10-15 yards and in his head (Speed of though/reading the game) and he never got overrun.
3 - As for the yellow card - we all know (or should know) why he got booked. He should take no blame whatsoever. As for his tackling - take it from me if you do not go into the tackle to win the ball and attack it 'half heartedly' then you will get hurt yourself. It also tells your opponent that you are not here to be bullied. No complaints at all.

Sorry to the Colback 'haters' but he is a decent player....and very pleased that the Manager has similar thoughts to me. Next year, who knows but atm he is doing good imho.
Colback or Dozzell? on 13:34 - Jan 15 with 750 viewsgazza1

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:17 - Jan 15 by TheChef

The fact our central midfield has barely evolved in two years is arguably the main reason we are where we are.

Yea sure, nothing to do with a pretty average/poor forward line!!!!
Colback or Dozzell? on 13:35 - Jan 15 with 748 viewsParkRoyalR

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:27 - Jan 15 by Northernr

Deckchairs, Titanic.

Nearly but not quite needing to chop them up and plug the hole yet,

Yesterday was an improvement, ifs & buts maybe, but that's some finish by Livermore and some miss by Colback, not sure on the probability of those recurring,

We cannot keep marginalising our best player, if he's playing in my 5 aside team, he's in the middle of the pitch, taking the ball off the keeper, turning and attacking, we have to help him help us.
Colback or Dozzell? on 13:38 - Jan 15 with 735 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:32 - Jan 15 by gazza1

2 - Colbeck done a lot of good things yesterday, I watched him very closely during the match because there are many on this MB who think he is useless. I can report back and say he played excellently in the first half - anybody, please look back carefully on the match replay, I have not - there is no need for me to do that I know what he done live and during the match. He worked hard, covered players, passed the ball very well and even made a run forward a couple of times. He did even more for the Manager, he has added extra stuff. I never noticed his lack of pace at all - his work is 10-15 yards and in his head (Speed of though/reading the game) and he never got overrun.
3 - As for the yellow card - we all know (or should know) why he got booked. He should take no blame whatsoever. As for his tackling - take it from me if you do not go into the tackle to win the ball and attack it 'half heartedly' then you will get hurt yourself. It also tells your opponent that you are not here to be bullied. No complaints at all.

Sorry to the Colback 'haters' but he is a decent player....and very pleased that the Manager has similar thoughts to me. Next year, who knows but atm he is doing good imho.

Could have got a red for that tackle. It was reckless - he really does have rocks for brains.

Missed the chance to equalise (though I suppose at least he was there to miss it).

Failed to close down Livermore.

If that's a good performance, then I'd hate to see a poor one.
Colback or Dozzell? on 13:40 - Jan 15 with 737 viewsPunteR

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:32 - Jan 15 by gazza1

Agree , he's not completely useless.
But he's hardly made an impact this season. Far from it. Fair enough , you can see things some of us can't because you've played at a decent level of professional football but to my untrained eye he could be doing so much more for us. I think his attitude is poor.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:46 - Jan 15 with 721 viewsTheChef

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:34 - Jan 15 by gazza1

Yea sure, nothing to do with a pretty average/poor forward line!!!!

Well yeah but a more dynamic midfield should chip in with a few goals and liven up the attack too.

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:49 - Jan 15 with 713 viewsgazza1

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:40 - Jan 15 by PunteR

Agree , he's not completely useless.
But he's hardly made an impact this season. Far from it. Fair enough , you can see things some of us can't because you've played at a decent level of professional football but to my untrained eye he could be doing so much more for us. I think his attitude is poor.

No he hasn't made an impact, to me he is a 'bread & butter' player and probably why he is not rated by supporters. He has hit a couple of decent goals this season(missed a half chance on Sunday) which was massive for us but there are negatives re his injuries. I am sure his fellow players like him in the team, the manager certainly does.

He will start if fit/available or until we get better midfielders.
Colback or Dozzell? on 13:51 - Jan 15 with 709 viewsgazza1

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:46 - Jan 15 by TheChef

Well yeah but a more dynamic midfield should chip in with a few goals and liven up the attack too.

He has chipped in with two this year......not bad for his position in the team???
Colback or Dozzell? on 13:52 - Jan 15 with 703 viewsTheChef

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:51 - Jan 15 by gazza1

He has chipped in with two this year......not bad for his position in the team???

Not just him but the whole midfield in general need to contribute more in terms of goals.

Not with the current personnel though.

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:59 - Jan 15 with 690 viewsgazza1

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:52 - Jan 15 by TheChef

Not just him but the whole midfield in general need to contribute more in terms of goals.

Not with the current personnel though.

Without doubt - we need more goals from midfield players and I'm even talking about our ball players who play further forward, like Chair, Willock, Dozzell, etc, etc - all of them. They score more and we could move up the league. They don't though and between them all get very few goals.
Colback or Dozzell? on 14:06 - Jan 15 with 667 viewsgazza1

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:38 - Jan 15 by Wegerles_Stairs

Could have got a red for that tackle. It was reckless - he really does have rocks for brains.

Missed the chance to equalise (though I suppose at least he was there to miss it).

Failed to close down Livermore.

If that's a good performance, then I'd hate to see a poor one.

Could, should, maybe and all that.....he didn't get a red card though did he. As I have said he was brought up to tackle and if he didn't he would of gotten hurt.

The chance he missed that you mention, yes he could have done better, he would of been disappointed himself but it came to him very quickly and unexpected on his right foot. But hey, you dont like him so just like the red card, have a 'dig'.

I did not see that but I have been informed (and I do not know if it was right) that Dykes was man to man marking Livermore, but hey, another opportunity to 'knock' Colback.

As I have said, the manager though he was worth a mention in his after match interview and I believe the manager a lot more than you Roy!!!!!
[Post edited 15 Jan 14:06]
Colback or Dozzell? on 14:10 - Jan 15 with 647 viewsNorthernr

I mean the other thing to say about the tackle that led to his yellow card is our supposedly ball playing centre back caused the whole thing by calmly picking out a bloke in a bright yellow shirt standing 10 yards away.
Colback or Dozzell? on 14:14 - Jan 15 with 624 viewsBklynRanger

I thought the Field yellow was really harsh. Tugged his shirt a bit but only briefly and the player was still in his own half iirc. Very first offence and was unfortunate to have him, again, on a yellow so early on. There was though a period of play in the second half when he got the ball 3 times, and 3 times immediately played it backward of square - must admit I had a minor meltdown over that.

Dozzell seemed to have been very specifically told to pass the fcuking thing forward. He was semi-successful in that but needs to keep doing it anyway.

On Colback, I thought he worked hard at closing down most of the time, and knows where to be. He's a player that, typical of this season, I think is never really going to get properly started for us, between injuries, suspensions and the breaks in form that creates. Unfortunate, because he has been a good player long before he arrived.

And Willock did F-all until he got promoted into Chair's role and suddenly had no excuse. Was a strange substitution I thought.
Colback or Dozzell? on 14:19 - Jan 15 with 600 viewsWatford_Ranger

Colback or Dozzell? on 14:14 - Jan 15 by BklynRanger

I thought the Field yellow was really harsh. Tugged his shirt a bit but only briefly and the player was still in his own half iirc. Very first offence and was unfortunate to have him, again, on a yellow so early on. There was though a period of play in the second half when he got the ball 3 times, and 3 times immediately played it backward of square - must admit I had a minor meltdown over that.

Dozzell seemed to have been very specifically told to pass the fcuking thing forward. He was semi-successful in that but needs to keep doing it anyway.

On Colback, I thought he worked hard at closing down most of the time, and knows where to be. He's a player that, typical of this season, I think is never really going to get properly started for us, between injuries, suspensions and the breaks in form that creates. Unfortunate, because he has been a good player long before he arrived.

And Willock did F-all until he got promoted into Chair's role and suddenly had no excuse. Was a strange substitution I thought.

There’s a time and place for cynical fouling and sometimes you’ll get lucky with a ref especially early - Ipswich did it repeatedly- but if you’re Field in that position why even give him the choice?

If Colback could just take the yellow with a trip then fine. I don’t see why he has to do one of these possible yellow/red somewhere in between lunges unless he’s just so slow it’s his only option and even then they were wide and not close to goal at the time.
Colback or Dozzell? on 14:20 - Jan 15 with 596 viewsParkRoyalR

Colback or Dozzell? on 13:49 - Jan 15 by gazza1

No he hasn't made an impact, to me he is a 'bread & butter' player and probably why he is not rated by supporters. He has hit a couple of decent goals this season(missed a half chance on Sunday) which was massive for us but there are negatives re his injuries. I am sure his fellow players like him in the team, the manager certainly does.

He will start if fit/available or until we get better midfielders.

Gazza,

Colback was a big improvement on Dozzell on Sunday but that was'nt a half-chance, that was an absolute gift, on his favoured left foot (?) and it did'nt so much as miss the post but miss the 6 Yard Box, that was the key moment in the game,

Regards my comments with Dykes being tasked with tracking / harrying Livermore, I did'nt say he was tasked with man2man marking all over the pitch and Livermore should'nt have had that space for the 2nd and should have been closed down quicker,

Colback was nearest man and should have picked him up, no big criticism but Colback was involved in the 2 key key moments in the game, one at each end, and should have done better in both instances.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024