Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too much negativity on here 15:22 - Jan 14 with 9937 viewsnumptydumpty

I could understand the doom under Ainsworth.

This is chalk and cheese from that.

Exciting and never say die, some excellent build up play, and responding well to conceding goals.

Both their goals today in all reality - potshots that either go in , or nine times out of ten, into row Z..

We were often on the front foot, linking up well and creating decent opportunities but the composure lacking in front of goal or great saves.

Should have got at least three today and were the better side.

Nineteen games to go

Huddersfield Plymouth Birmingham Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday all not very good

And Marti in charge not Ainsworth.

We got the effort today that Ainsworth kept on bemoaning.

Even though we lost today definitely felt results we deserve will come.

But reading match thread and others, we are already in league one.

Can't agree with that in anyways whatsoever....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Too much negativity on here on 15:24 - Jan 14 with 6306 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thought we played well today and had we won I'd have said arguably best performance of the season.
But the negativity is because we lost again. We haven't won for 2 months. We've only won 8 in 60 or whatever it is.
Marti has made so many positive changes, but we're down mate - and worse, he'll leave end of the season and some other Champ team will get a really good manager.
That's the negativity, and, sadly, the reality of it all.

Bare bones.

Too much negativity on here on 15:27 - Jan 14 with 6275 viewstraininvain

We’ve won 9 games out of the last 60 odd. What exactly are you expecting?
Too much negativity on here on 15:29 - Jan 14 with 6238 viewsTheChef

We have 19 games left and can't score.

I too wish that would magically change but I can't see it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Too much negativity on here on 15:32 - Jan 14 with 6186 viewsted_hendrix

*Huddersfield Plymouth Birmingham Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday all not very good*

Which of these 'not very good' sides did we manage to beat?
[Post edited 14 Jan 15:36]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Too much negativity on here on 15:33 - Jan 14 with 6192 viewsQPRConor2000

Too much negativity on here on 15:24 - Jan 14 by Antti_Heinola

Thought we played well today and had we won I'd have said arguably best performance of the season.
But the negativity is because we lost again. We haven't won for 2 months. We've only won 8 in 60 or whatever it is.
Marti has made so many positive changes, but we're down mate - and worse, he'll leave end of the season and some other Champ team will get a really good manager.

Marti isnt leaving, I dont know why so many of our fans believe so many of these baseless rumours like points deductions or whatever.

I think ive learnt this week to not trust everything you read on these forums.
Too much negativity on here on 15:35 - Jan 14 with 6147 viewsrbee

Irrespective of how we play only points will change the negativity
Too much negativity on here on 15:41 - Jan 14 with 6081 viewsDiscodroids

Negativity or reality Numpty?.

I feel like trying to take postives from this crumbling mausoleum of a club which has fallen over the last 10+ years to the levels of a tattered and torn satellite state of Fulham and Brentford, is like trying to take the positives from queing up for 18 hours in Iron curtain era Budapest for baby formula and being happy about it containing 98%sawdust and 2% powdered milk.
[Post edited 14 Jan 15:45]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Too much negativity on here on 15:56 - Jan 14 with 5937 viewsgazza1

Personally, I look at it 'game by game', today I was pleased with the performance but disappointed with the result. There were some good performances out there today and we deserved a bit more out of the game......yea generally over the past few months and more we have been poor.

I remain positive, just about, and with a few more performances like today we may just do it.

Talking about the Managers departure is absolute nonsense but typical with some of the posters we have on this MB.
Login to get fewer ads

Too much negativity on here on 15:59 - Jan 14 with 5937 viewsturnsey

I'd love to be proved wrong... but as Clive mentioned this lot now have to put together as many wins over the next 19 games as they've managed in the past 60 (essentially half of said games).

Yes, we were unlucky today, but the reality that we can lose when playing that competently means that even if we stumble onto miraculous consistency in terms of pure performance things are still quite bleak.
Too much negativity on here on 16:00 - Jan 14 with 5934 viewsManinBlack

Too much negativity on here on 15:32 - Jan 14 by ted_hendrix

*Huddersfield Plymouth Birmingham Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday all not very good*

Which of these 'not very good' sides did we manage to beat?
[Post edited 14 Jan 15:36]

Exactly what I have been saying Ted on another thread. I wouldn't bet on us winning the return fixtures. We do not take enough points off our relegation rivals.
Too much negativity on here on 16:03 - Jan 14 with 5908 viewsJimthehip

100% we played really well

Some posters on here are reactionary and I understand people are emotional but we are all upset we're not winning.

We were plainly unlucky today
Too much negativity on here on 16:10 - Jan 14 with 5863 viewsQPunkR

Reason lots are annoyed (quite apart from not winning any games recently) is that this was probably the very best this team can play and they still didn't manage to get as little as a draw, even with Watford operating in second gear.

Yes, of course the performance and scoreline were better than the last time we played Watford - but we still got the same number of points

QPR - "shit but local"

Too much negativity on here on 16:14 - Jan 14 with 5830 viewsGaryBannister86

Too much negativity on here on 16:10 - Jan 14 by QPunkR

Reason lots are annoyed (quite apart from not winning any games recently) is that this was probably the very best this team can play and they still didn't manage to get as little as a draw, even with Watford operating in second gear.

Yes, of course the performance and scoreline were better than the last time we played Watford - but we still got the same number of points

Fair enough, I also thought quite a lot went our way - couple of penalty decisions and on another day Colback could have been given a red, plus our goal was literally the only way we could seem to score - a handy deflection virtually into the net.

Even then we get beat. Even then Begovic can't position himself right. If we ever had a shot like that you just know the oppo keeper would make a flying finger tip save.

I just think we lack so much desperation and conviction in the box. In those last few minutes, I saw Dykes flinch away instead of throwing himself at it, Paal, Willock did the same. Just throw everything at it chaps, give it everything.

Argh.
Too much negativity on here on 16:18 - Jan 14 with 5783 viewsQPRSteve

I'm sick of the negativity of some of the posters on this board. Puts me off coming here after a defeat. some of the bile is well over the top.

I'm with you Numpty.
Too much negativity on here on 16:27 - Jan 14 with 5732 viewsDamo1962

Too much negativity on here on 16:18 - Jan 14 by QPRSteve

I'm sick of the negativity of some of the posters on this board. Puts me off coming here after a defeat. some of the bile is well over the top.

I'm with you Numpty.

Some of the optimism is a bit over the top too. We all process things differently, and should respectfully disagree if we feel the need. That is why this MB is so precious to so many QPR fans.
Too much negativity on here on 16:48 - Jan 14 with 5656 viewsAntti_Heinola

Too much negativity on here on 15:33 - Jan 14 by QPRConor2000

Marti isnt leaving, I dont know why so many of our fans believe so many of these baseless rumours like points deductions or whatever.

I think ive learnt this week to not trust everything you read on these forums.

To be clear, this is not based on rumours, it’s based on common sense. This is a bloke used to getting teams into europe. He’s clearly annoyed about what he’s found here. But everyone can tell he is a good coach because we are at least competitive. If we go down, he won’t want to stick around for third tier football (he’s never stuck around anywhere for long, remember). People slag off the Champ, but it’s a very good competitive league, superior to the top leagues in most euro countries. League One is rubbish. So he won’t want it, it’s a waste of (at least) a year for a man in a hurry, but more importantly champ clubs change managers extremely regularly. Anyone who thinks there won’t already be clubs monitoring him now are being very naive. And there’s barely a club in this league who are not a more appetising prospect than us.

Bare bones.

Too much negativity on here on 16:53 - Jan 14 with 5594 viewspaulparker

Yes there were positives as well as the usual negatives
I think we need to accept we are down , Watford although 8th were not all that tbh , what separates us from them and probably the top clubs is pace , they had players up top who had pace to burn who when they broke caused us issues , the only player we got close to that is Armstrong
This has been coming bang on 2 years now since that cup exit at Peterborough, poor recruitment coupled with a poor club ethos has made us an easy team to play
Roll on next year

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Too much negativity on here on 16:57 - Jan 14 with 5577 viewsjohncharles

Too much negativity on here on 15:24 - Jan 14 by Antti_Heinola

When the going gets tough the tough get going……….40 years supporting this club and I’ve never slagged them off

Strong and stable my arse.

Too much negativity on here on 17:05 - Jan 14 with 5531 viewsthemodfather

we need wins and are not getting them. it is a results business. all the positives do not get us points.
we did play well we did ok but nil points.
Too much negativity on here on 17:09 - Jan 14 with 5497 viewsstevec

It was a competent performance today but still way short of what’s needed in this league.

We passed our way along the back line competently. We did that little 5 yard triangular passing thing down the left side competently, occasionally prettily, same but to a lesser extent and less prettily on the right side. It all looks ok but it doesn’t hurt anybody.

No need for Watford to extend themselves out of second gear, sit back, they’ll be here in a minute lads, eventually. It’s laboured, it’s easy to defend.

If that wasn’t bad enough, the centre of the park is void of anything. No showing for the ball when the defence hold it, no runs when the backs transition it into the wide players, no bursting into the box as back up to the lone forward. Basically risk averse to anything.

Watford made it a lot easier for us to play than most sides, a lot less pressing than we’ve seen for a while, they even let us make throw-ins unhindered. Not that it inspired us to try much.

The best pass from us throughout the whole game was Bergovic throw to Willock which freed up Armstrong, a bit of an indictment to the ten outfield players.

We won’t get too many teams down here as benevolent as Watford yet we still blew it.
Too much negativity on here on 17:25 - Jan 14 with 5407 viewsNorthantsHoop

Those of us who go regularly see same pattern each home game a team devoid of taking their chances against teams who get an opening and take it. League 1 bound I'm afraid and nothing from this performance convinces me otherwise.
Too much negativity on here on 17:26 - Jan 14 with 5394 viewsNed_Kennedys

Too much negativity on here on 16:48 - Jan 14 by Antti_Heinola

To be clear, this is not based on rumours, it’s based on common sense. This is a bloke used to getting teams into europe. He’s clearly annoyed about what he’s found here. But everyone can tell he is a good coach because we are at least competitive. If we go down, he won’t want to stick around for third tier football (he’s never stuck around anywhere for long, remember). People slag off the Champ, but it’s a very good competitive league, superior to the top leagues in most euro countries. League One is rubbish. So he won’t want it, it’s a waste of (at least) a year for a man in a hurry, but more importantly champ clubs change managers extremely regularly. Anyone who thinks there won’t already be clubs monitoring him now are being very naive. And there’s barely a club in this league who are not a more appetising prospect than us.

Except staying after relegation when taking over a sh1t squad is exactly what he did at Sandefjord, getting them promoted the following season.

And he has hardly enhanced his reputation since coming to QPR has he? It’s naive to think many Championship clubs would make a popular appointment with their fans of a manager who has just led his previous team to relegation.

Think he will stay IF he feels he can do a wholesale squad rebuild in the summer.
Too much negativity on here on 17:32 - Jan 14 with 5344 viewsplasmahoop

Too much negativity on here on 17:09 - Jan 14 by stevec

It was a competent performance today but still way short of what’s needed in this league.

We passed our way along the back line competently. We did that little 5 yard triangular passing thing down the left side competently, occasionally prettily, same but to a lesser extent and less prettily on the right side. It all looks ok but it doesn’t hurt anybody.

No need for Watford to extend themselves out of second gear, sit back, they’ll be here in a minute lads, eventually. It’s laboured, it’s easy to defend.

If that wasn’t bad enough, the centre of the park is void of anything. No showing for the ball when the defence hold it, no runs when the backs transition it into the wide players, no bursting into the box as back up to the lone forward. Basically risk averse to anything.

Watford made it a lot easier for us to play than most sides, a lot less pressing than we’ve seen for a while, they even let us make throw-ins unhindered. Not that it inspired us to try much.

The best pass from us throughout the whole game was Bergovic throw to Willock which freed up Armstrong, a bit of an indictment to the ten outfield players.

We won’t get too many teams down here as benevolent as Watford yet we still blew it.

Whilst we don't want goofball, I think they should mix it up a bit. The passing around at the back is always the same and obvious. A number of times we gave it away because it was so telegraphed what's coming next. I'd prefer us to play more further up the field, and shoot more too
Too much negativity on here on 17:54 - Jan 14 with 5228 viewsdavman

Didn't mean the down vote, but hard to feel positive with all the evidence on display. Today in isolation for a midtable team who are not losing every single week would have been ok.

BUT, that's not us is it? We are a lethal combination of not very good and bloody unlucky. Two worldies at one end by an old fart who always seems to turn it on at LR and a typically brilliant display from an opposing goalkeeper.

They had TWO shots on target and our 'keeper saved neither (and was nowhere near either). We had EIGHT shots on target and their guy saved seven of them.

In isolation a great performance, but this happens again and again and again with this lot.

They are not very good.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Too much negativity on here on 19:06 - Jan 14 with 4964 viewsbosh67

I can take going down but it has to be under the proviso that Marti stays and is allowed to dismantle and rebuild a team in his image top bring us back up again. Unless Marti gets a better offer it would be utterly ludicrous to drum him out again and get someone else. If we drop then one assurance we need is that Marti oversees QPR 3.0.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024