Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry to change the subject... 22:12 - Jan 14 with 1364 viewshubble

...but that was a fabulous Masters snooker final tonight. I know it's fashionable for some to dislike Ronnie O'Sullivan, but boy oh boy, he's the Paganini of the cue. Incredible sportsman.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Sorry to change the subject... on 22:26 - Jan 14 with 1331 viewsPeterHucker

Good on yer Ronnie.
He stumbled over the line a bit in that last frame, gave Carter quite a few chances to get back into it but got a bit lucky that Carter wasn’t on his game at all by then. But from 6-3 down to win 10-7 is pretty amazing.

Loved the thing he said post-match about not being motivated by trophies or breaking records, he just wants to play well and master this sport. Almost the sporting equivalent of a band saying we just want to make music that we love and if anyone else likes it that’s a bonus!
If any other snooker player said that it’d be obvious BS but in Ronnie’s case I think it’s true.

He’s a unique character, says some daft things at times, doesn’t always think through the consequences of his words but no doubt he’s the GOAT.

Not sure he ever will but I’d love to see him get another World title at at the Crucible and put himself on 1 more than Hendry.
Sorry to change the subject... on 22:44 - Jan 14 with 1277 viewsTomS

Most of the matches this week were sprints in nature compared to the relative middle distance races in a world championship. There was a lot of superb snooker played by many of the players, but the cream of the week got to the top. Carter was brilliant in yesterday's semi final and held a two frame lead at one point in the final. He definitely had Ronnie worried, and it told in some of decisions and mistakes made by him until he found his groove late on. Over longer matches I think Ronnie would be unbeatable in a world championship in his current form.

Even though it's an Olympic year, he could be a value bet for Sports Personality come December.
[Post edited 14 Jan 23:06]
Sorry to change the subject... on 22:51 - Jan 14 with 1268 viewsnumptydumpty

Sorry to change the subject... on 22:44 - Jan 14 by TomS

Most of the matches this week were sprints in nature compared to the relative middle distance races in a world championship. There was a lot of superb snooker played by many of the players, but the cream of the week got to the top. Carter was brilliant in yesterday's semi final and held a two frame lead at one point in the final. He definitely had Ronnie worried, and it told in some of decisions and mistakes made by him until he found his groove late on. Over longer matches I think Ronnie would be unbeatable in a world championship in his current form.

Even though it's an Olympic year, he could be a value bet for Sports Personality come December.
[Post edited 14 Jan 23:06]

He is the Master

Top man

He is amazingly self critical considering his outstanding achievements in the game and quite often doesn't greatly enjoy the sport.

Has felt like retiring many times but he is a big time competitor and his search for perfection has kept him coming back !!

The rocket has lift off !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Sorry to change the subject... on 23:08 - Jan 14 with 1235 viewscolinallcars

The Rangers' owners should have watched - they're always behind the eight ball.
Sorry to change the subject... on 15:02 - Jan 15 with 1007 viewsBoston

Ronnie O'Sullivan, the spawn of Bill Belichick.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sorry to change the subject... on 15:19 - Jan 15 with 980 viewsjeffranger

Ronnie has amazing talent & love watching him play, once he’s out of a tournament I lose interest, no one quite like him & never will be with what he’s won & could’ve won more years ago when he went through a stage of not bothering or mind wasn’t right
Sorry to change the subject... on 09:35 - Jan 17 with 813 viewsTheChef

Post match quite a bit of fallout between O'Sullivan and Carter. Didn't realise they had a long standing beef. Wouldn't say either of them come out of it well.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sorry to change the subject... on 10:00 - Jan 17 with 783 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Incredible that he's still winning these events and could indeed have his best ever season if he wins the Worlds too. It does make you fear a bit for the sport once he's gone. The next generations aren't competing with someone approaching 50, so it will be a case of After the Lord Mayor's Show. He can be a dick but you can see he's not right in the head too.
Login to get fewer ads

Sorry to change the subject... on 11:07 - Jan 17 with 737 viewshubble

Sorry to change the subject... on 09:35 - Jan 17 by TheChef

Post match quite a bit of fallout between O'Sullivan and Carter. Didn't realise they had a long standing beef. Wouldn't say either of them come out of it well.

Yeah, bit of a grudge match. He totally got under Carter's skin in the final and Carter bottled it. He looked like a rabbit in the headlights towards the end of that match.

Apparently he complained that Ronnie "snotted" on the floor during the final and in response, Ronnie basically told him to eff off.

Ronnie is certainly a very quirky character, but to be so supreme in his field, for so long (he is without doubt the GOAT), must come with its own issues. I think he has to create an edge to stop himself from getting bored.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Sorry to change the subject... on 11:15 - Jan 17 with 720 viewsTheChef

Sorry to change the subject... on 11:07 - Jan 17 by hubble

Yeah, bit of a grudge match. He totally got under Carter's skin in the final and Carter bottled it. He looked like a rabbit in the headlights towards the end of that match.

Apparently he complained that Ronnie "snotted" on the floor during the final and in response, Ronnie basically told him to eff off.

Ronnie is certainly a very quirky character, but to be so supreme in his field, for so long (he is without doubt the GOAT), must come with its own issues. I think he has to create an edge to stop himself from getting bored.

Ha, probably true on that last point!

But I think in any individual sport you have to have, er, a certain mentality (to go with talent) to be successful.

Sorry to change the subject... on 11:29 - Jan 17 with 696 viewsBluce_Ree

I like to see Ronnie win because it's about history at this point. Seeing him in the snooker might be like seeing Pele or George Best or whatever. A good era to be able to enjoy it.

Also, my mate has reasonably good reasons to dislike Ali Carter so I always root against that guy.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Sorry to change the subject... on 11:35 - Jan 17 with 685 viewsPhildo

I suspect snooker fans will have watched it but the documentary on O'Sullivan is very good indeed.

Think he has clocked some pretty impressive parkrun times over the years as well.
Sorry to change the subject... on 11:36 - Jan 17 with 681 viewsTheChef

Sorry to change the subject... on 11:29 - Jan 17 by Bluce_Ree

I like to see Ronnie win because it's about history at this point. Seeing him in the snooker might be like seeing Pele or George Best or whatever. A good era to be able to enjoy it.

Also, my mate has reasonably good reasons to dislike Ali Carter so I always root against that guy.

Just to look at him Carter seems unassuming enough, but clearly he winds up O'Sullivan!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024