Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules 16:48 - Jan 15 with 8060 viewsBexleyHoop

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67978537

More points deductions
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 07:58 - Jan 16 with 1736 viewsdaveB

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 20:59 - Jan 15 by Spaceman_P

In terms of QPR, do any of us really want promotion to the Prem? it's not like it used to be.

For me the Championship is by far the most entertaining league. Real Football kind of.

It hasn't felt very entertaining these last 10 years

I'd rather QPR were at the top table
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 08:01 - Jan 16 with 1728 viewsdaveB

One positive in this is that the Premier League are looking to enforce any punishments in the same season rather than dragging along and are now forcing clubs to submit accounts earlier, not sure if EFL are doing the same.
Clubs will try and drag it out of course but both clubs have effectively cheated so fair play to the authorities for actually doing something about it

Simon Jordon was very good about this on Talksport yesterday, no sympathy for them at all
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 08:20 - Jan 16 with 1678 viewsqprninja

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 16:55 - Jan 15 by Ned_Kennedys

And yet Chelsea are allowed to spend a Billion Pounds without censure or punishment……

I think Chelsea did that thing where they circumvented the rules by spreading out the costs over very long contracts, which the Premier League have now clamped down on. They have also sold a few players for big money. Billions spent, and they're still rubbish. Marvellous.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 08:36 - Jan 16 with 1647 viewsDWQPR

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 08:20 - Jan 16 by qprninja

I think Chelsea did that thing where they circumvented the rules by spreading out the costs over very long contracts, which the Premier League have now clamped down on. They have also sold a few players for big money. Billions spent, and they're still rubbish. Marvellous.

And those contracts ain’t gonna be cheap in terms of wages and bonuses, especially when they will want to move a few on at substantially lower fees than they bought them for when they realise they aren’t that good anyway/player unrest due to egos when not being picked. I suspect that they’ve picked up a few Winston Bogarts in the last year. Time will eventually get them.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 09:32 - Jan 16 with 1586 viewsLblock

My view is that FFP and P&S will possibly change the football pyramid (again) and not in the way it was intended..... IF the authorities enforce it.

It's simply unworkable for the "big" clubs and the feeding of the gravy train.

You only need Chelscum, Citeh, PSG, Real Madrid, Barca etc to get their collars felt and they'll all say sod this we're off to the Saudi funded World Super League with more malleable rules and authorities. Once they've gone there's nothing the Premier League etc can do as they're not playing under their jurisdiction anymore. The only thing I can think of would be the player whose registrations are to those clubs being banned from FA competitions such as cups and Internationals..... would those players earning Jordan Henderson type figures a week care? I very much doubt it.

Personally my feelings are - bring it on.
We'll be kicking around at League 2 or lower but the pyramid shake up will be good for us and good for about 80 of the pro clubs.

In respect of Chelscum their amortisation approach can be seen as a masterstroke and it's one I've been advocating for us for a while. However the key thing is you need the right player and the right structure of Contract. If you're saddled with a Taylor Richards type for 9 years it's a tricky old thing and if you just want them out in say year 3, you've then got one hell of a lump to pay out as they're "entitled" to another 6 years at £X a week. I'm sure there's many a player who have signed that life changing deal and clocked off saying they are now set forever..... but enough about Taylor.

Interesting times ahead and be funny to see the authorities clamp down and then end up with less clubs to rule over. That's why they may well be lenient -- you don't kill your prime heads in the herd.

In 10 years time we'll probably all look back and still be saying that the only clubs who the authorities really put the boot into were little old Lootown and little old QPR whilst they let places like Bury be used, abused and die.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 09:59 - Jan 16 with 1524 viewsdaveB

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 08:20 - Jan 16 by qprninja

It's also completely reliant on them being in the champions League, if they don't qualify again they'll be in trouble next year although should be said they have sold a lot of players the last few years, they really grabbed that Saudi market
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 09:59 - Jan 16 with 1522 viewstraininvain

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 09:32 - Jan 16 by Lblock

My view is that FFP and P&S will possibly change the football pyramid (again) and not in the way it was intended..... IF the authorities enforce it.

It's simply unworkable for the "big" clubs and the feeding of the gravy train.

You only need Chelscum, Citeh, PSG, Real Madrid, Barca etc to get their collars felt and they'll all say sod this we're off to the Saudi funded World Super League with more malleable rules and authorities. Once they've gone there's nothing the Premier League etc can do as they're not playing under their jurisdiction anymore. The only thing I can think of would be the player whose registrations are to those clubs being banned from FA competitions such as cups and Internationals..... would those players earning Jordan Henderson type figures a week care? I very much doubt it.

Personally my feelings are - bring it on.
We'll be kicking around at League 2 or lower but the pyramid shake up will be good for us and good for about 80 of the pro clubs.

In respect of Chelscum their amortisation approach can be seen as a masterstroke and it's one I've been advocating for us for a while. However the key thing is you need the right player and the right structure of Contract. If you're saddled with a Taylor Richards type for 9 years it's a tricky old thing and if you just want them out in say year 3, you've then got one hell of a lump to pay out as they're "entitled" to another 6 years at £X a week. I'm sure there's many a player who have signed that life changing deal and clocked off saying they are now set forever..... but enough about Taylor.

Interesting times ahead and be funny to see the authorities clamp down and then end up with less clubs to rule over. That's why they may well be lenient -- you don't kill your prime heads in the herd.

In 10 years time we'll probably all look back and still be saying that the only clubs who the authorities really put the boot into were little old Lootown and little old QPR whilst they let places like Bury be used, abused and die.

The same Jordan Henderson who’s desperately trying to engineer his exit from Saudi Arabia only months after joining?

Turns out that playing in front of 600 fans and living in Saudi/Bahrain isn’t worth earning £700k per week instead of a paltry £150k per week.

Not that it’ll stop the greedy bastards running the game from trying to force through some kind of super league (and I agree that it’ll be good for the rest of us ‘legacy’ fans) but quite funny nonetheless.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 10:17 - Jan 16 with 1454 viewsLblock

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 09:59 - Jan 16 by traininvain

The same Jordan Henderson who’s desperately trying to engineer his exit from Saudi Arabia only months after joining?

Turns out that playing in front of 600 fans and living in Saudi/Bahrain isn’t worth earning £700k per week instead of a paltry £150k per week.

Not that it’ll stop the greedy bastards running the game from trying to force through some kind of super league (and I agree that it’ll be good for the rest of us ‘legacy’ fans) but quite funny nonetheless.

But playing in a worldwide league funded by the Saudi's is totally different to having to live there...... I mean Christ alive.... if you'd choose Liverpool over it then it must be bad!!!!!!
When it's worldwide it means you can live in Madrid (or Liverpool) and they'll be flown around the gaff in pure luxury.

The Worldwide Super League ticks so many boxes for these tossers
Unlimited dosh
Tax vehicles available for payment offshore
Less games but more high profile (recall recent shouts about player workload - the poor darlings)
The Twitterati in the Far East would be frothing at the prospect
A whole new set of Regulations they can make up themselves
Closed shop - they'll pull the ladder up after them
Forecast turnover for years
and on and on and on.

Sure there'll be a few players doing the Stevie G and Principled Jordan thing of having to go and play for El Shittihad and they'll take that for a year or two.
I nearly went there myself -- plenty in the building industry been doing it last 3 decades but everyone I spoke to could only stick it for a year or two max. That was until Dubai came along and a few now long termers over there.
It certainly can set you up right if you do it right.

Anyway - watching this with interest.
[Post edited 16 Jan 10:18]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 10:18 - Jan 16 with 1453 viewsSpaceman_P

Henderson only wants a return cos he can't have a pint there and probably his missus has to cover up when walking the streets.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 10:19 - Jan 16 with 1449 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 10:18 - Jan 16 by Spaceman_P

Henderson only wants a return cos he can't have a pint there and probably his missus has to cover up when walking the streets.

For £300k a week I’d drink camel’s piss and insist my missus wears a Iain Dowie mask 24/7.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 10:48 - Jan 16 with 1411 viewstraininvain

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 10:18 - Jan 16 by Spaceman_P

He lives in Bahrain where alcohol is legal. I’m probably giving him too much credit but maybe he regrets torching his reputation for a few extra quid (relatively speaking) when he’s already filthy rich.

Benzema has also reportedly downed tools and looking for an exit. It’d be a terrible shame if the whole thing fell apart.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 11:10 - Jan 16 with 1368 viewsJuzzie

Yeah, fair play to Chelsea for finding a loophole but that just shows it wasn't thought through enough.
Though, as said, Chelsea could be saddled with a bunch of Winston Bogarde's they can't shift.

IIRC, Henderson also bemoaned it takes hours and hours for his family to fly out there. What kind of thick cnt doesn't do all that research beforehand? Just saw the £££££$$$$ contract put in from of him and signed first, thought about everything else later.

That said, I'd put up with that for 3 years and £700,000 a week.

They really don't live in the real world these people.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 11:29 - Jan 16 with 1334 viewstraininvain

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 11:10 - Jan 16 by Juzzie

Yeah, fair play to Chelsea for finding a loophole but that just shows it wasn't thought through enough.
Though, as said, Chelsea could be saddled with a bunch of Winston Bogarde's they can't shift.

IIRC, Henderson also bemoaned it takes hours and hours for his family to fly out there. What kind of thick cnt doesn't do all that research beforehand? Just saw the £££££$$$$ contract put in from of him and signed first, thought about everything else later.

That said, I'd put up with that for 3 years and £700,000 a week.

They really don't live in the real world these people.

Maybe I’m being too optimistic but surely Chelsea’s strategy is doomed to fail. They have a notoriously short term approach as a club sacking managers and always taking a short cut for any kind of success.

They’re currently on their third (edit. Actually fourth!) manager in 18 months under the new owners and plenty of their fans want him out. They don’t have the patience to stick with a manager for six months let alone nurture young players to fulfil their potential.

Yet they’ve chosen a transfer strategy of stockpiling young talented footballers on long term contracts with big transfer fees amortised so they start every transfer window for the next few years having effectively spent £100m+ which doesn’t leave much room for further transfer business.

A lot of the young players they’ve signed can’t get a game because they have a bloated squad so their development (and the club’s investment) is being negatively impacted. Players like Fernandes and Caicedo (£200m+ for the pair) have both regressed and probably dropped in value.

Meanwhile, it looks like they need to sell Gallagher (probably their best player this season) as a homegrown player to raise more funds to strengthen the squad.

I can’t think of a club less suited to the strategy they’ve chosen to adopt but we all know Chelsea made a pact with the devil in the early 2000’s so they’ll probably find a way to come up smelling of roses.
[Post edited 16 Jan 11:47]
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 11:43 - Jan 16 with 1307 viewsJuzzie

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 11:29 - Jan 16 by traininvain

Maybe I’m being too optimistic but surely Chelsea’s strategy is doomed to fail. They have a notoriously short term approach as a club sacking managers and always taking a short cut for any kind of success.

They’re currently on their third (edit. Actually fourth!) manager in 18 months under the new owners and plenty of their fans want him out. They don’t have the patience to stick with a manager for six months let alone nurture young players to fulfil their potential.

Yet they’ve chosen a transfer strategy of stockpiling young talented footballers on long term contracts with big transfer fees amortised so they start every transfer window for the next few years having effectively spent £100m+ which doesn’t leave much room for further transfer business.

A lot of the young players they’ve signed can’t get a game because they have a bloated squad so their development (and the club’s investment) is being negatively impacted. Players like Fernandes and Caicedo (£200m+ for the pair) have both regressed and probably dropped in value.

Meanwhile, it looks like they need to sell Gallagher (probably their best player this season) as a homegrown player to raise more funds to strengthen the squad.

I can’t think of a club less suited to the strategy they’ve chosen to adopt but we all know Chelsea made a pact with the devil in the early 2000’s so they’ll probably find a way to come up smelling of roses.
[Post edited 16 Jan 11:47]

It is a very risky approach.

They said that the plan was to get a whole bunch of youngsters in on long term deals and that would then be the mainstay of the squad for the next 6-8 years and then there won't be the need to buy as many players during that time.

Yeah, right. We all know it was about circumnavigating FFP.

The supposed plan only works if all those players are totally on top of their game, they all gel well together and perform week in, week out... for 6-8 years.

If the players go off form, get injured, start phoning it in etc, it will fall apart big time.

Here's hoping.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 12:17 - Jan 16 with 1239 viewsEastR

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 11:43 - Jan 16 by Juzzie

It is a very risky approach.

They said that the plan was to get a whole bunch of youngsters in on long term deals and that would then be the mainstay of the squad for the next 6-8 years and then there won't be the need to buy as many players during that time.

Yeah, right. We all know it was about circumnavigating FFP.

The supposed plan only works if all those players are totally on top of their game, they all gel well together and perform week in, week out... for 6-8 years.

If the players go off form, get injured, start phoning it in etc, it will fall apart big time.

Here's hoping.

those rules have been changed - 5 years max now

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 12:26 - Jan 16 with 1214 viewsJuzzie

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 12:17 - Jan 16 by EastR

those rules have been changed - 5 years max now

Yes, as a result of what Chelsea had done which still has to be honoured as those 8 year contacts applied to the rules (well, no rule regarding length of contract) at the time.
[Post edited 16 Jan 12:27]
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 13:56 - Jan 16 with 1092 viewsMick_S

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 10:19 - Jan 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

For £300k a week I’d drink camel’s piss and insist my missus wears a Iain Dowie mask 24/7.

You sure?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 17:27 - Jan 16 with 966 viewsswitchingcode

Hilarious Skys The Transfer show have f*** all to talk about other than transfer news of clubs in the lower leagues.The anti FFP agenda has started as their saying do fans really want to hear about all this when they would rather hear about clubs signing players like Mbappe 😃They haven’t a clue about what real football fans think.
Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 20:28 - Jan 16 with 818 viewsRuislipHoop

Everton & Forest Charged - Financial Rules on 19:45 - Jan 15 by ManinBlack

Talk now of having trillionaires in a few years time so they could probably run the Premiership or take over the clubs to keep the show on the road.

The premier league franchises will all move to UAE where they can spend and trade as they wish,we will all be left with the EFL
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024