Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? 17:40 - Feb 10 with 9176 viewsMrSheen

I wasn’t expecting much based on reports of his sluggish ten minutes at Blackburn, but what an impact. Energy, touch, finish, what a revelation!
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 17:46 - Feb 11 with 971 viewsE17hoop

The difference was his positioning. Outside the box, he looked a bit lost and unsure of how we were going to play and that will, I hope, come in time. His flick ons were good but noticeable we didn't work to them in the best way with the exception of the nod to Chair mentioned above. In the box, his movement was great. He knows to keep within the two posts and was so unlucky with the header only because the defender did a good job of moving him away a fraction before the goal came in. The ball from Anderson was a peach - one of the best crosses I've seen at LR for years.

As mentioned elsewhere, with a midfield firing more aggressively, and more competent defensively, I can see more chances being made, and he's more likely to take them than the other players we have had.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 18:21 - Feb 11 with 884 viewspaulparker

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 14:41 - Feb 11 by ParkRoyalR

Maybe give him a couple of seasons watching Chair take four touches before cutting back inside on his right foot and Frey might realise the futility of said runs,

I think most are missing the quality of the first time cross, maybe demonstrating the difference between Andersen and Smyth, in that the accuracy of the cross is what counts, quality over quantity,

Two huge positives from yesterday being we may have found someone who can take corners & set-pieces in Andersen and I counted maybe 3 early crosses from Chair on his Left Foot, almost collectors items,

Hoping Frey can be a Chris Martin, immobile but knows where the goal is and hoping Cifuentes is a lucky as well as a good Football Manager as think we got away with one yesterday with those substitutions (why not EDB for Hadyn at 2-2 and 12 minutes to play) and think Begovic won us a point during those crucial last 10 minutes where we seem to lose our shape and game-plan.

Have to agree ParkRoyal it’s very hard to defend a great first time ball
I never get these clubs tactics and wingers who are always cutting in then cutting back out again before playing the ball back to the fullback and losing momentum

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 20:27 - Feb 11 with 660 viewsgazza1

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 18:21 - Feb 11 by paulparker

Have to agree ParkRoyal it’s very hard to defend a great first time ball
I never get these clubs tactics and wingers who are always cutting in then cutting back out again before playing the ball back to the fullback and losing momentum

It wasn't a 'first time ball'......it was an early cross!!!!!
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 20:30 - Feb 11 with 654 viewsgazza1

As for Frey's performance........

Liked his movement, looked like a CF, worked hard, scored a very tidy goal from a good touch, unlucky with a near post header, knocked on a couple of nice headers.

Very decent start, did not look 'rusty' to me.
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 20:51 - Feb 11 with 562 viewspaulparker

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 20:27 - Feb 11 by gazza1

It wasn't a 'first time ball'......it was an early cross!!!!!

Never said it was for the goal did I know all
I’m talking about first time crosses

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 21:00 - Feb 11 with 524 viewsgazza1

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 20:51 - Feb 11 by paulparker

Never said it was for the goal did I know all
I’m talking about first time crosses

Looks like you did to me!!!!! Silly boy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024