Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? 17:40 - Feb 10 with 9170 viewsMrSheen

I wasn’t expecting much based on reports of his sluggish ten minutes at Blackburn, but what an impact. Energy, touch, finish, what a revelation!
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 20:57 - Feb 10 with 2728 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 18:04 - Feb 10 by Antti_Heinola

Frey did twice in 20 mins what dykes and Armstrong haven’t done all season: get near post in front of your man. Almost scored first time, scored second time.
Early days but we’ve been crying out for that.

Agree completely. And that's huge.

But I wouldn't be getting too carried away just yet. He's had one concerning sub appearance, one promising sub appearance. The next few games will tell a lot.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 21:07 - Feb 10 with 2652 viewsnix

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 20:57 - Feb 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree completely. And that's huge.

But I wouldn't be getting too carried away just yet. He's had one concerning sub appearance, one promising sub appearance. The next few games will tell a lot.

We can’t judge him either way Brian. Agreed. Early days.

But: he already looked sharper than against Blackburn and his running less laboured. He’ll never sprint like Armstrong but he’s no Chris Martín either.

I just think he knows where the goal is and seemingly has a striker’s instinct in the way Dykes and Armstrong just don’t. It doesn’t mean they can’t contribute or improve but it isn’t there yet with either of them.
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 21:13 - Feb 10 with 2608 viewsWestonsuperR

I must have been watching a different performance, I thought he looked incredibly unfit, slow and at times didn’t compete in the air nearly as much as I’d expected. Admittedly great finish and hope more to come but far from convinced so far.
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 21:14 - Feb 10 with 2598 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 21:07 - Feb 10 by nix

We can’t judge him either way Brian. Agreed. Early days.

But: he already looked sharper than against Blackburn and his running less laboured. He’ll never sprint like Armstrong but he’s no Chris Martín either.

I just think he knows where the goal is and seemingly has a striker’s instinct in the way Dykes and Armstrong just don’t. It doesn’t mean they can’t contribute or improve but it isn’t there yet with either of them.

Good to hear, Nix.

So good to hear.

The two near-post runs were really encouraging.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 21:20 - Feb 10 with 2530 viewsdmm

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 19:12 - Feb 10 by Gloucs_R

Positioning. Is. Everything.

That's what impressed me about Frey. He knows where to be in the box and showed it with his goal. It must be instinctual. Some have it. Most don't.
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 21:34 - Feb 10 with 2449 viewsBurnleyhoop

Dykes, Willock and Field are bench warmers from now on. Armstrong and Frey will be sharing the striker role.

Once fit and bedded in, the newbies will transform this team. Shame two of them are only loans until the end of the season. As long as they save our bacon, we can rebuild in the summer as a Championship team.
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 21:40 - Feb 10 with 2405 viewsBklynRanger

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 20:53 - Feb 10 by MrSheen

Comparisons on the basis of two short appearances might be a bit unfair, but his control, movement and decision making was so much sharper than Dykes’ from the second he came on. One flicked header that set Chair? Paal? Free for a cross that went right through the goalmouth was exceptional.

Released Chair out on the left I think. Great touch.
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 22:21 - Feb 10 with 2289 viewsdaveB

He was good but for me Hayden was the best of the home debutants today
Login to get fewer ads

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 03:16 - Feb 11 with 2000 viewsDannyPaddox

So who was the last player to score on his home debut coming on as a substitute ... (call me) Ishmael Miller ?
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 04:22 - Feb 11 with 1961 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Giving me a Matterhorn just reading this!

If there's one thing defenders hate their strikers to have, it is speed and if there's one thing they don't like, it's most definitely strikers on their toes moving all the time.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 04:37 - Feb 11 with 1954 viewsbosh67

For those old enough to remember I loved the one hand raised walking Mick Leach celebration.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 04:38 - Feb 11 with 1956 viewscaliforniahoop

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 17:46 - Feb 10 by Jevlar

I’m trying to remain calm but I think I might get a tattoo of Frey’s face.

Underrated reply
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 06:33 - Feb 11 with 1892 viewsSimplyNico

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 03:16 - Feb 11 by DannyPaddox

So who was the last player to score on his home debut coming on as a substitute ... (call me) Ishmael Miller ?

Modibo Maiaga?
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 08:22 - Feb 11 with 1725 viewsMrSheen

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 06:33 - Feb 11 by SimplyNico

Modibo Maiaga?

Tom Hitchcock?
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 08:26 - Feb 11 with 1718 viewsSK_hoops

That flick on header to Chair was sublime.

Two things we have missed for ages: someone with the positional nous of Frey and a big physical midfielder who is commanding and tells people exactly what to do. i.e Hayden.

Compare Hayden to Dozzell.
[Post edited 11 Feb 8:27]
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 08:28 - Feb 11 with 1701 viewsHAYESBOY

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 22:21 - Feb 10 by daveB

This. Thought he was MoM.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 09:18 - Feb 11 with 1555 viewsSimplyNico

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 08:22 - Feb 11 by MrSheen

Tom Hitchcock?

Tomer Hemed?
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 09:29 - Feb 11 with 1504 viewsrobith

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 22:21 - Feb 10 by daveB

He was constantly in the right place at the right time. I thought he was fantastic
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 09:36 - Feb 11 with 1488 viewsslmrstid

Looked a proper natural front man, something we haven't had for bloomin' ages.
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 13:21 - Feb 11 with 1219 viewsNorthernr

He made intelligent early runs across the front of his marker to attack the near post.

In the eyes of people who've had to watch Lyndon Dykes for the last three years this understandably makes you some sort of Greek God.
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 14:22 - Feb 11 with 1036 viewsWatfordR

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 13:21 - Feb 11 by Northernr

He made intelligent early runs across the front of his marker to attack the near post.

In the eyes of people who've had to watch Lyndon Dykes for the last three years this understandably makes you some sort of Greek God.

I'm sure I saw somebody post on here yesterday "yeah, he's a goalscorer, but he doesn't do much else"
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 14:31 - Feb 11 with 1017 viewssmudgehoop

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 19:11 - Feb 10 by paulhoop2

Thought he reminded me ever so slightly of an in form Nygard

I thought this as well.

Hopefully he'll do better than Nygard, who flattered to decieve too often.

Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 14:40 - Feb 11 with 959 viewsE15Hoop

Imagine a world in which we get this Fella fully fit and firing AND flog Dykes to Millwall for £2m
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 14:41 - Feb 11 with 958 viewsParkRoyalR

Maybe give him a couple of seasons watching Chair take four touches before cutting back inside on his right foot and Frey might realise the futility of said runs,

I think most are missing the quality of the first time cross, maybe demonstrating the difference between Andersen and Smyth, in that the accuracy of the cross is what counts, quality over quantity,

Two huge positives from yesterday being we may have found someone who can take corners & set-pieces in Andersen and I counted maybe 3 early crosses from Chair on his Left Foot, almost collectors items,

Hoping Frey can be a Chris Martin, immobile but knows where the goal is and hoping Cifuentes is a lucky as well as a good Football Manager as think we got away with one yesterday with those substitutions (why not EDB for Hadyn at 2-2 and 12 minutes to play) and think Begovic won us a point during those crucial last 10 minutes where we seem to lose our shape and game-plan.
Michi Frey…best home debut since…? on 15:12 - Feb 11 with 855 viewsSK_hoops

Speaking of Chris Martin, he just got league 1 player of the month. 5 goals in 4 games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024