Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is your Non-League side? 21:31 - Feb 28 with 12018 viewsSpaceman_P

Okay, we're all Rangers through and through, but if you had to choose a Non-League outfit as your 2nd club who would it be.

Me, I grew up in West London, but moved to West Sussex in my late-teens. lived most of my life their til moving to Spain in 2018.

So my non-league sides are Horsham and Dorking Wanderers. If push came to shove though, would love to see Dorking enter the football league one day.

Who is your Non-League side? on 20:34 - Mar 2 with 2119 viewsdigswellhoop

welwyn garden city
Who is your Non-League side? on 21:30 - Mar 2 with 2087 viewsstowmarketrange

Slough town v Bath city was abandoned today for unknown reasons.Did someone forget to bring the ball?
Who is your Non-League side? on 22:37 - Mar 2 with 2037 viewsRebalhoop

Who is your Non-League side? on 21:30 - Mar 2 by stowmarketrange

Slough town v Bath city was abandoned today for unknown reasons.Did someone forget to bring the ball?

Medical emergency in the crowd,apparently the fella is ok,which is the main thing,but really pissed off coz apparently the Bath manager got it called off,because of his players well fair,because of the delay they could damage their hamstrings…..🤔
But being 4 - 2 down I suppose he played his get out of jail card.
Who is your Non-League side? on 07:10 - Mar 3 with 1945 viewsSharpediver

Who is your Non-League side? on 22:37 - Mar 2 by Rebalhoop

Medical emergency in the crowd,apparently the fella is ok,which is the main thing,but really pissed off coz apparently the Bath manager got it called off,because of his players well fair,because of the delay they could damage their hamstrings…..🤔
But being 4 - 2 down I suppose he played his get out of jail card.

Was a disgrace by the Bath City manager. I wonder if he would have made the same call if they'd been 4-2 up with 15 minutes left? Spoiled what was otherwise a brilliant day, thrilling match & superb atmosphere - crowd of over 1400.

The poor fella who collapsed later tweeted saying he was fine and felt sorry and guilty that the game was abandoned.

Met a bloke after the game, Slough fan now based in Ireland - months planning the trip & had spent 600 Euros travelling over with his girlfriend, accommodation etc. He was fuming with the Bath manager. Said hopefully the League will award the match to Slough but I doubt if common sense will prevail here.

Still, news of the Rangers score helped cheer us up! đź’™
[Post edited 3 Mar 7:47]
Who is your Non-League side? on 10:14 - Mar 3 with 1881 viewsRebalhoop

Who is your Non-League side? on 07:10 - Mar 3 by Sharpediver

Was a disgrace by the Bath City manager. I wonder if he would have made the same call if they'd been 4-2 up with 15 minutes left? Spoiled what was otherwise a brilliant day, thrilling match & superb atmosphere - crowd of over 1400.

The poor fella who collapsed later tweeted saying he was fine and felt sorry and guilty that the game was abandoned.

Met a bloke after the game, Slough fan now based in Ireland - months planning the trip & had spent 600 Euros travelling over with his girlfriend, accommodation etc. He was fuming with the Bath manager. Said hopefully the League will award the match to Slough but I doubt if common sense will prevail here.

Still, news of the Rangers score helped cheer us up! đź’™
[Post edited 3 Mar 7:47]

Talking to a Bath fan,he was very impressed with the set up at Slough,prices of food and drink,atmosphere,friendly and welcoming home fans.
He was a Bristol Rovers fan,so we had a good chat about Ollie and The Rs,very complimentary about Rangers as well.
Who is your Non-League side? on 16:11 - Mar 5 with 1752 views81A

Wealdstone at home on non league day - 23rd March. Tickets only a fiver if you are a QPR season ticket holder.

Good beer, welcoming crowd and an important game v Kidderminster- come on down
Who is your Non-League side? on 16:27 - Mar 5 with 1727 viewskomradkirk

Ballyclare Comrades Irish League Championship
Local team , great name and season ticket ÂŁ60 concession price
Who is your Non-League side? on 17:02 - Mar 5 with 1697 viewsDiggertheMole

Who is your Non-League side? on 10:19 - Mar 1 by kingsburyR

St Albans City FC.

A proper day out. My two girls (11 & 13) absolutely love going to watch the saints.

I really enjoy the whole experience when I visit Clartence Park, the football is decent, the Chicken George kiosk is pukka and they sell Mad Squirrel (various) on tap. No idea what they put in that stuff but its bloody rocket fuel.

Up the Saints!

100% St Albans City - just down the road, decent level of football as well as being surrounded by a great range of boozers. Best EVER chant - home to York -(Because the cultured and religious City fans cherish their cathedral) "You've only got a minster". There's class for you!
Login to get fewer ads

Who is your Non-League side? on 16:14 - Mar 6 with 1518 viewsSuperhoops2808

So for me, always followed Welling having grown up just down the road from them. Never went to a huge amount of games in truth

But of late, I have focused more on Erith Town (aka The Dockers) who currently play in the delightful village of Thamesmead where they share with Thamesmead Town.

Currently in a very tight fight for the playoffs to the Isthmian L1 Sth
Who is your Non-League side? on 13:29 - Mar 20 with 1328 viewsHayesender

I'll be attending Littlehampton v Merstham this Saturday. I have no interest in England friendlies. Who else will be supporting their local non league side this international weekend?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Who is your Non-League side? on 13:40 - Mar 20 with 1299 viewsWatford_Ranger

Who is your Non-League side? on 13:29 - Mar 20 by Hayesender

I'll be attending Littlehampton v Merstham this Saturday. I have no interest in England friendlies. Who else will be supporting their local non league side this international weekend?

Littlehampton isn’t far from me. Was going to have a look for a local game as not done any since I moved to Sussex. Worthing seem to have fallen away a bit but still in the playoffs so might check it out.
Who is your Non-League side? on 13:57 - Mar 20 with 1246 viewsFrankieFiveAngels

The mighty Tooting & Mitcham United - up the Terrors! Devoted hardcore fans and a somewhat of a cult Non-League club. Now languishing in Combined Counties Premier Leaue South..

I have a soft spot for Buxton FC in Vanarma North. Went there with my uncle in 1975 to see them play a pre-season friendly v Man Utd reserves - they'd just been relegated, and I got Tommy Docherty's autograph!
Who is your Non-League side? on 14:27 - Mar 20 with 1191 viewsHayesender

Who is your Non-League side? on 13:40 - Mar 20 by Watford_Ranger

Littlehampton isn’t far from me. Was going to have a look for a local game as not done any since I moved to Sussex. Worthing seem to have fallen away a bit but still in the playoffs so might check it out.

Nice clubhouse at Littlehampton as well
https://littlehamptonsportsman.co.uk/

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Who is your Non-League side? on 14:34 - Mar 20 with 1162 viewsstowmarketrange

Who is your Non-League side? on 13:57 - Mar 20 by FrankieFiveAngels

The mighty Tooting & Mitcham United - up the Terrors! Devoted hardcore fans and a somewhat of a cult Non-League club. Now languishing in Combined Counties Premier Leaue South..

I have a soft spot for Buxton FC in Vanarma North. Went there with my uncle in 1975 to see them play a pre-season friendly v Man Utd reserves - they'd just been relegated, and I got Tommy Docherty's autograph!

I used to live the other side of the railway lines to their old ground and I remember watching the reserve games between qpr and Palace.
I never went to their new ground though,but I bet it didn’t have the same feel about it as the old one.
Who is your Non-League side? on 14:54 - Mar 20 with 1125 viewsjoe90

Who is your Non-League side? on 16:14 - Mar 6 by Superhoops2808

So for me, always followed Welling having grown up just down the road from them. Never went to a huge amount of games in truth

But of late, I have focused more on Erith Town (aka The Dockers) who currently play in the delightful village of Thamesmead where they share with Thamesmead Town.

Currently in a very tight fight for the playoffs to the Isthmian L1 Sth

My local side Lewisham Borough FC are the league bellow and chasing promotion.
Who is your Non-League side? on 15:05 - Mar 20 with 1099 viewsEsox_Lucius

Yeading for me. 1st watched them as the Industry pub team ( owned by Steve Perryman at the time) in the playing fields at the top of my road growing up and later followed them to The Warren when Phil Spurnden was chairman. I saw Andy Impey, Charlie Oatway and Lee Charles all come through to the 1st team and became mates with Chippy over time. I also used to watch some of the games with Macca and Tony Roberts who were usually at any games when Rangers didn't have a game due to odd number of teams in the Premier League. I haven't been to see them since they became H&YFC. The night they played Spurs to commemorate the new floodlights I am sure there were more QPR fans there than any other team LOL.
[Post edited 28 Mar 15:32]

The grass is always greener.

Who is your Non-League side? on 15:10 - Mar 20 with 1083 viewsWatford_Ranger

Who is your Non-League side? on 14:27 - Mar 20 by Hayesender

Nice clubhouse at Littlehampton as well
https://littlehamptonsportsman.co.uk/

Who doesn’t love a meat raffle?
Who is your Non-League side? on 15:30 - Mar 20 with 1028 viewsnightwish

Eastbourne United saw QPR play there in a pre season friendly in 1971.Also Hastings United saw QPR play there in a pre season friendly 1992
Who is your Non-League side? on 16:24 - Mar 20 with 942 viewscollegeranger

The mighty Hampton & Richmond Borough - flying this year under new management after a shaky start and now in 4th in National League South.

They have an ex-QPR player currently Issac Pitlabo who is doing well.

They also have had a number of ex-QPR players either loaned to or played early in their Non-League Career. Leroy Griffiths was signed from them. Seny Dieng was on loan for a year and had a stellar season 2 years before he hit the first team at LR and Jamal Lowe was "discovered" by Portsmouth playing for Hampton.

Up the Beavers!
[Post edited 20 Mar 16:49]
Who is your Non-League side? on 17:30 - Mar 20 with 859 viewsFrankieFiveAngels

Who is your Non-League side? on 14:34 - Mar 20 by stowmarketrange

I used to live the other side of the railway lines to their old ground and I remember watching the reserve games between qpr and Palace.
I never went to their new ground though,but I bet it didn’t have the same feel about it as the old one.

I know what you mean Stow. Imperial Fields sounds a bit grand, but to be fair it's not bad at all and has become a community hub.

Hopefully the Terrors can claw their way back up the pyramid..
Who is your Non-League side? on 18:12 - Mar 20 with 821 viewsHamptonR

Hampton, before they were Hampton and Richmond, then
Sandhurst Town.
I am now back in Hampton, so it is Hampton and Richmond for me.
Good ground, nice bar and a few good pubs as well.
Who is your Non-League side? on 18:48 - Mar 20 with 786 viewsBerlinR

Burgess Hill Town.
Who is your Non-League side? on 19:28 - Mar 20 with 733 viewsSuperhoops2808

Erith at home to Whitstable this weekend so 5th v 7th

May go take a look if the weather is dry
Who is your Non-League side? on 20:34 - Mar 20 with 702 viewsVancouverHoop

Who is your Non-League side? on 14:34 - Mar 20 by stowmarketrange

As a kid I went to a couple of Tooting's derbies with Wimbledon back in both clubs' Isthmian League days. My best friend's dad grew up a Dons fan so he'd drive us down there. Proper sellout local matches they were too, brilliant atmosphere.
Who is your Non-League side? on 11:30 - Mar 27 with 433 viewsSpaceman_P

Who is your Non-League side? on 13:40 - Mar 20 by Watford_Ranger

Worthing is always a good day out, I went a few times when I was living in Sussex. cool stadium, good vibe.

Never went Littlehampton, but Bognor Regis aren't terrible.

Horsham are doing well this year too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024