Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armstrong's goal 19:02 - Mar 2 with 4940 viewsnumptydumpty

LES esque in its power and pace.
What a hit !!

And six seconds after coming on - surely a Rangers record in time on the pitch to score.

Wow !@@!
[Post edited 2 Mar 19:03]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Armstrong's goal on 13:28 - Mar 3 with 852 viewsDavieQPR

Armstrong didn't have time to think about his strike, he just hit it. Whereas he had time to think about his pass to Chair. More of an instinct player at the moment.
Armstrong's goal on 16:47 - Mar 3 with 659 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Armstrong's goal on 08:08 - Mar 3 by traininvain

I actually thought that was good awareness to pass to Chair who is more comfortable on the ball and came very close to scoring. If Armstrong had continued his run and lost the ball, people would be calling him selfish for not getting his head up and seeing Chair. It showed an improvement on his decision making compared with Blackburn away a few weeks ago.

Nonsense. Good decision making is knowing when to pass and when to strike. In this instance it was a 2 v 1 situation with the defender caught in no man's land. No one would've begrudged Sinclair driving on. If the defender comes across then pass to Chair. If he doesn't, then shoot. In the end, Armstrong passed too early, leaving Chair to try and bend the ball around Faes. As a result, Chair didn't come "very close to scoring", he put it well wide.

I don't want to labour the point as I've already stated above my satisfaction with Sinclair's performance and his overall development. However, make no bones about it, Marti will be pointing this out to Sinclair. Continuous improvement requires analysis of where one can do better, even in victory.
Armstrong's goal on 16:48 - Mar 3 with 658 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Armstrong's goal on 07:10 - Mar 3 by FDC

I thought the same, seemed to take a long time to realise he was on side, then passed it too early when he could have driven forward and released chair after drawing the defender to him, or taken it himself.

Exactly.
Armstrong's goal on 19:21 - Mar 3 with 567 viewsconnell10

Armstrong's goal on 03:13 - Mar 3 by Benny_the_Ball

That was a completely different passage of play. You're referring to the final seconds of the match when Sinclair took it into the corner. That was a good decision. We're referring to an earlier phase where he found himself through on goal with a chance to make it 3-1 and kill the game. He lacked the confidence to take it on so he passed to Chair instead who duly shot wide.
[Post edited 3 Mar 3:23]

Yes and if he had taken the ball forward and missed people would be saying why didn't he pass. He scored a great goal and is still learning. Think people need to get off his case.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Armstrong's goal on 19:28 - Mar 3 with 552 viewsT_Block

No he is a goal scorer .The break away at the end he needs to just go for goal.Then he can either draw the defender to him ,and get a shot way or having drawn the defender get a pass to chair.

Love him to bits ,strength pace power and enthusiasm for our club.Needs tp play needs to learn.

BUT could have done better

Sinclear Armstrong be more selfish!!!!!
Armstrong's goal on 19:34 - Mar 3 with 516 viewsconnell10

Armstrong's goal on 19:28 - Mar 3 by T_Block

No he is a goal scorer .The break away at the end he needs to just go for goal.Then he can either draw the defender to him ,and get a shot way or having drawn the defender get a pass to chair.

Love him to bits ,strength pace power and enthusiasm for our club.Needs tp play needs to learn.

BUT could have done better

Sinclear Armstrong be more selfish!!!!!

Seems he can't win, anyhow we won , that's all I care about !!
[Post edited 3 Mar 21:17]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Armstrong's goal on 22:13 - Mar 3 with 378 viewsnumptydumpty

Some of these posts are a bit like few people around me today when was out watching the Manchester Derby and complaining about Rashfords commitment after scoring a wonder goal earlier in the game.

If Armstrong scores goals like he did yesterday in most games, I won't be complaining at all.

Well done to him.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024