Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS 21:23 - Mar 12 with 17891 viewsModeratorC

Cardiff win one Welsh derby and they are champions of whatever is going on in their heads that minute. Try being real champions and set records as well. The proof is down there ⬇️

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62130/the-south-wales-de

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62135/erol-conjuring-up-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62140/swansea-city-it’

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62155/the-weekend-that-e

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:20 - Mar 16 with 2054 viewslifelong

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:12 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

It matters not Cullen wanted to take it
Nathan Dyercwanted to take that penalty but De Guzman took it, and scored
Captain leads and he doesn’t

Disappointed by today’s result and performance old bean?

After that excellent performance that’s all you can do is criticise the captain, who, by the way, had a very good game.👍
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:24 - Mar 16 with 2021 viewsonehunglow

It’s sad that of the two strikers brought in,one is sick,unfit,inured or not ready and the other basically inept.
We missed Lowe when injured for sure
Wood looked better today and didn’t faff about . Maybe it was because Cabango didn’t play .
We still let teams of the hook though and really should have out cradiff to sleep

It’s a very level league though

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:26 - Mar 16 with 2012 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:56 - Mar 16 by swancity

Grimes was excellent. Took a grip of the midfield area. Always available. Used the ball well always. Good defensive work and got forward when he could he was excellent and well supported by Allen.

Regarding the penalty, Cullen wanted it. His confidence was high. It was right that he took it. Poor penalty as it turned out but if you can’t say anything positive after that performance you’d be better off taking up knitting🧶

Youreally do dialogue do you.
Yiu are the same with others

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:26 - Mar 16 with 2012 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:56 - Mar 16 by swancity

Grimes was excellent. Took a grip of the midfield area. Always available. Used the ball well always. Good defensive work and got forward when he could he was excellent and well supported by Allen.

Regarding the penalty, Cullen wanted it. His confidence was high. It was right that he took it. Poor penalty as it turned out but if you can’t say anything positive after that performance you’d be better off taking up knitting🧶

Youreally do dialogue do you.
You are the same with others
Try it

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:32 - Mar 16 with 2002 viewsRhonddaSwans

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:41 - Mar 16 by bennytheblue

Congrats folks, you wanted it more as could be seen from the off. Don’t think we got going until the 80th minute bulut as ever, starts the wrong team.

well done that is classy of you benny

Poll: what is more Exciting

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:36 - Mar 16 with 1976 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:12 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

It matters not Cullen wanted to take it
Nathan Dyercwanted to take that penalty but De Guzman took it, and scored
Captain leads and he doesn’t

Grimes was excellent today.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:40 - Mar 16 with 1944 viewsswancity

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 16:44 - Mar 16 by Flashberryjack

Agree with your opinion on Grimes, but Cullen should never have been allowed to take the penalty, Grimes every time.

It’s so easy to be wise after the event with the benefit of hindsight. Who is to say that Grimes would have scored it anyway. If he’d missed it, you can guarantee that everyone would be saying that Cullen should have taken it.

Cullen should have scored. Just happened it was one of the 15 % or so that was missed. Luckily it didn’t cost us.

A striker who was confident enough to take it. That’s good enough for me.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:54 - Mar 16 with 1892 viewsfbreath

Fantastic support today the atmosphere in the ground was electric.

Players did the City proud and hope it is a kick start to continue playing this way.

The best bit was finally seeing smiles on people’s faces as we left the ground not seen that for a while.

Well done LW and all the team

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 18:02 - Mar 16 with 1852 viewsRhonddaSwans

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:54 - Mar 16 by fbreath

Fantastic support today the atmosphere in the ground was electric.

Players did the City proud and hope it is a kick start to continue playing this way.

The best bit was finally seeing smiles on people’s faces as we left the ground not seen that for a while.

Well done LW and all the team

The atmosphere was electric ⚡

Fair play to asbo corner!

We all joined in the Swans nest was intimidating.
You could see they were scared 😂

Poll: what is more Exciting

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 18:32 - Mar 16 with 1739 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 13:43 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

He’s gutless really.
Unforgivable
A leader?

After today's performance and result that is a shocking post
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 18:38 - Mar 16 with 1714 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 18:32 - Mar 16 by blaenaugwentjack

After today's performance and result that is a shocking post

He is really showing his true colours today. An excellent win over cardiff when all the team played really well he is looking to criticise. It really is somebody showing exactly what they are.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 18:46 - Mar 16 with 1674 viewsjohnlangy

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:20 - Mar 16 by lifelong

After that excellent performance that’s all you can do is criticise the captain, who, by the way, had a very good game.👍

Yes he did have a very good game as he does most of the time.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:16 - Mar 16 with 1595 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 18:46 - Mar 16 by johnlangy

Yes he did have a very good game as he does most of the time.

I thought his calmness on the ball was excellent, no sloppy passing today which was crisp and sharp.
Overall a performance by the team which anyone should be proud of ,I know I am.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:42 - Mar 16 with 1546 viewsSTID2017

Reflecting on today's game and have to say I think it was the most complete team performance in a long time.
Everyone got how much it mattered and I put that down to Williams.
The passion and desire to win was clear in every player.
When Cooper and Fulton came on I feared the worst.
However they all played their part and that goal at the end when we all wanted Lowe to just go and waste time in the corner capped it all.
A great day to be a Swans supporter

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:47 - Mar 16 with 1526 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:20 - Mar 16 by lifelong

In fairness, R’s criticism of Grimes was specific in that he felt he should have alleviated Cullen of the responsibility. It may of course been discussed pre-ko that Cullen was to take penalties bur we dint know that. He’s right in that this sort of situation needs a strong captaincy and saying “no” when called upon.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:56 - Mar 16 with 1475 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:47 - Mar 16 by union_jack

In fairness, R’s criticism of Grimes was specific in that he felt he should have alleviated Cullen of the responsibility. It may of course been discussed pre-ko that Cullen was to take penalties bur we dint know that. He’s right in that this sort of situation needs a strong captaincy and saying “no” when called upon.

Roger Liffey has been following me for twenty years
No sign of any dialogue free if can't in all that time
Grimes is no captain
He bottled ihe should have taken control
He should have taken it

So there

Mdyckgeafs might disagree

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 20:03 - Mar 16 with 1455 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:33 - Mar 16 by Treforys_Jack

Harry Darling was immense and needs to start for the rest of the season.

By some distance our best central defender for me, which makes his regular shoehorning in as a RB even more bizarre.

Overall though a good performance and our best 90 minute display since the Autumn. We're always going to play better football than the Canton Jamrags, but it was nice to see the sort of control for the full game that's mostly been lacking this season.

More of this we need to see. Hopefully Williams is capable of getting these performances out of the team on a regular basis and not just for the Derby.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 20:03 - Mar 16 with 1455 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:41 - Mar 16 by bennytheblue

Congrats folks, you wanted it more as could be seen from the off. Don’t think we got going until the 80th minute bulut as ever, starts the wrong team.

Well done Benny.
Showing class in defeat there.
I panicked when I saw Colwill come on after last week's game, but neither he or Ramsey could alter things

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 21:32 - Mar 16 with 1288 viewsBoundy

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 22:12 - Mar 16 with 1188 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:47 - Mar 16 by union_jack

I'm no record saying I don't think grimes is a good captain. However he did pay very well today, as they all did for most of the game.

I can pull out a few small negatives, we went to sleep a bit for 10-15 minutes, we should have scored more goals and I wasn't happy with darling's theatrics. I honestly reckon if he'd just put his hand to his face the Cardiff player would have been carded but he wouldn't. taking such a dive when it looked like barely any contat to me (it was right in front of me) turned out to be a poor decision and he clearly wasn't badly hurt.

On the other hand there is so much to be positive about from that display that I'd be here for ages typing it all. The work rate, the pressing, the desire, they were brave, strong, aggressive, inventive and determined, that is the short version.

They gave us a team to be proud of again and ets hope they keep doing that!
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 22:47 - Mar 16 with 1125 viewssw02sea

I think all that was missing in that post was a wink emoji 😁
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 23:14 - Mar 16 with 1076 viewslifelong

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:56 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

Roger Liffey has been following me for twenty years
No sign of any dialogue free if can't in all that time
Grimes is no captain
He bottled ihe should have taken control
He should have taken it

So there

Mdyckgeafs might disagree

I haven’t been following you, just commenting on the absolute drivel you post most of the time.👍
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 23:18 - Mar 16 with 1064 viewslifelong

I disagree, he called him gutless. Totally out of order.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 06:53 - Mar 17 with 900 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 23:18 - Mar 16 by lifelong

I disagree, he called him gutless. Totally out of order.

Perchy gonna Perchy. He needs his targets.

I'm not a tremendous fan of Grimes as most people could have worked out by now but you can't fault him on yesterday. You can't fault any of them. We were better than them in every position for 90+ minutes.

Unfortunately some people simply can't acknowledge that.They have to keep tediously ragging on certain players whether or not they deserve it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 09:07 - Mar 17 with 773 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 06:53 - Mar 17 by Dr_Winston

Perchy gonna Perchy. He needs his targets.

I'm not a tremendous fan of Grimes as most people could have worked out by now but you can't fault him on yesterday. You can't fault any of them. We were better than them in every position for 90+ minutes.

Unfortunately some people simply can't acknowledge that.They have to keep tediously ragging on certain players whether or not they deserve it.

Perch again.!
You and Riger
Twenty years now .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024