Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs in Ealing 19:57 - Mar 13 with 6137 viewshamptonhillhoop

Fellow Loftforworders. I'm going drinking with friends in Ealing on Easter Saturday. I haven't lived in Ealing since 2001, when I lived just off South Ealing Road. All my locals were The Castle, The New Inn, Red Lion etc. One of the people we're meeting is coming by train and has mobility issues, so I'm looking for good pub suggestions close to Ealing Broadway Station. I can only come up with the North Star, which my wife thinks is a bit rough. (I must take her in the White Horse one day). Any recommendations would be appreciated, ideally within a five minute walk. Cheers
[Post edited 13 Mar 19:58]
Pubs in Ealing on 12:35 - Mar 15 with 872 viewsw7r

Pubs in Ealing on 11:07 - Mar 15 by daveB

Is the Spinning Wheel still around in Northfield
Had many a good night in there

Used to play pool against the Spinning Wheel back in the early 80's - was a great place for a beer.

Long gone I'm afraid.
Pubs in Ealing on 12:42 - Mar 15 with 853 viewslightwaterhoop

Pubs in Ealing on 11:07 - Mar 15 by daveB

Is the Spinning Wheel still around in Northfield
Had many a good night in there

Now a Sainsburys,but the Plough down the road is decent.
Pubs in Ealing on 13:41 - Mar 19 with 626 viewsw7r

Pubs in Ealing on 13:30 - Mar 14 by HanwellHoopster

Apparently The King's Arms is being re-opened but will now serve Nepalese food. Looking forward to trying it.

Tried the KA Saturday evening. It has a disappointing range of beers (usual suspects ie Fosters, Guinness, Amstell etc) and wines compared to the previous incarnation of the KA.

Staff were pleasant enough although maybe a bit over-attentive for my liking, it doesn't feel much like a pub anymore, they've removed the lovely old bar that was there and there's TV's blaring out all over the place and music coming out of speakers - a bit too much sensory overload for me.

I'm turning into a grumpy old man :-)

The food wasn't bad but don't think I'll be rushing back.
[Post edited 19 Mar 13:43]
Pubs in Ealing on 16:52 - Mar 19 with 488 viewsJevlar

Pubs in Ealing on 13:41 - Mar 19 by w7r

Tried the KA Saturday evening. It has a disappointing range of beers (usual suspects ie Fosters, Guinness, Amstell etc) and wines compared to the previous incarnation of the KA.

Staff were pleasant enough although maybe a bit over-attentive for my liking, it doesn't feel much like a pub anymore, they've removed the lovely old bar that was there and there's TV's blaring out all over the place and music coming out of speakers - a bit too much sensory overload for me.

I'm turning into a grumpy old man :-)

The food wasn't bad but don't think I'll be rushing back.
[Post edited 19 Mar 13:43]

Oh that’s really disappointing to hear. Used to like that place.
Pubs in Ealing on 17:05 - Mar 19 with 445 viewsLblock

Pubs in Ealing on 17:21 - Mar 14 by qpr_1968

don't know what pubs are left in ealing but back in the 80's i used the north star, the vic, and i could swear i used a pub called the 3 pigeons.

along the road where ealing film studios are or were, the castle, i'm sure there was a red lion across the road.

but my favourite pub was a bit further down towards south ealing called the rose and crown.

Three Pigeons long since gone.

Was shut for years then got turned into some burger place (which shut down really quickly) and now being developed into something else.

Red Lion recently re-opened as a pub.
Nice but not one I frequent

The Rose & Crown took a huge uptick last summer as they got a great chef in - food was superb.
My new local as its at the foot of my new road.... just pipping The New Inn.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024