Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 23:39 - Apr 1 with 1444 viewsalexferguson60

Credit where credit’s due: Begovic was excellent today. Two good saves today and looked imperious on crosses.
Begovic on 00:06 - Apr 2 with 1378 viewsjtuck

Agree. But he will still get slated with people focusing on the cross that hit the inside of the post going over his head. A lot of fans just don't like him for reasons that are abundantly clear: ex Chelsea. Now, not saying he is good but getting over-criticized.

LAranger

Begovic on 00:30 - Apr 2 with 1327 viewsQuillPenRiot

Oh, there’s both. He is excellent in his command, and has his on games, but his stats also point out his inconsistencies. I think overall he is exactly what we needed this season, we need an experienced cool head who knows success. Yes his abilities have slowed, but he never crumbles, his mistakes never rattle him, I’m very comforrtable with him for thei rest of this season, Next season, let’s find someone younger and full of promise
Begovic on 01:37 - Apr 2 with 1266 viewsBoston

Begovic on 00:30 - Apr 2 by QuillPenRiot

Oh, there’s both. He is excellent in his command, and has his on games, but his stats also point out his inconsistencies. I think overall he is exactly what we needed this season, we need an experienced cool head who knows success. Yes his abilities have slowed, but he never crumbles, his mistakes never rattle him, I’m very comforrtable with him for thei rest of this season, Next season, let’s find someone younger and full of promise

A new keeper is nearly as important as TWO bona fide strikers.

Automatic promotion.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Begovic on 09:49 - Apr 2 with 958 viewsbosh67

I thought he was excellent. Great saves and handling. I really don't think he has been as bad as some people have suggested but I do get the feeling we will look for a younger keeper next season and hopefully Cook gets the armband.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Begovic on 10:11 - Apr 2 with 833 viewsstevec

Agree with all of that. He’s not as agile, that’s for sure, but his positioning is still good. You don’t leave an opening at a free kick 20 yards out like he did against Brum in a 90th minute unless you’re pretty sure of yourself.
Begovic on 10:14 - Apr 2 with 809 viewsMyke

Maybe time to give Walsh or Murphy a go next season when hopefully we won't be mired in a relegation battle
Begovic on 10:18 - Apr 2 with 784 viewscpgerber

I'm quite happy with having Begovic. Within our means and for the task that lay ahead at the time, he was a very solid signing. He is always available for selection, doesn't make glaring blunders and certainly looks committed to the cause. And he does have very good games as well, most notably the away win at Boro. But yesterday I also thought he did very well.

Would definitely prefer him over a Rob Green type, e.g.

He probably won't get another deal, unless he is prepared to fulfil a mentor role for a younger prospect which we are surely trying to find.
Begovic on 10:53 - Apr 3 with 566 viewsMyke

Begovic on 10:18 - Apr 2 by cpgerber

I'm quite happy with having Begovic. Within our means and for the task that lay ahead at the time, he was a very solid signing. He is always available for selection, doesn't make glaring blunders and certainly looks committed to the cause. And he does have very good games as well, most notably the away win at Boro. But yesterday I also thought he did very well.

Would definitely prefer him over a Rob Green type, e.g.

He probably won't get another deal, unless he is prepared to fulfil a mentor role for a younger prospect which we are surely trying to find.

I agree that his ever presence is a positive especially in the context of the debacle we went through 2 years ago.
Also it's worth pointing out that his 11 clean sheets leaves him the 5th highest in the Championship. This stat is made more impressive when the top 4 slots are filled with promotion hunting teams including Leeds Leicester and Ipswich. Obviously the form of those in front of him is a factor- Cook and Clark-Slater have been outstanding- but bearing in mind those teams would have been under a lot less pressure defensively than us, I think he has done quite well
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024