Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hayden Article 11:16 - Apr 2 with 5363 viewsDorse

I know - it's The Sun but it popped up on my feed this morning and he seems really positive about life at the Rs.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/27056793/newcastle-issac-hayden-qpr-paid-transfer

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hayden Article on 19:57 - Apr 3 with 816 viewsQPR_Hibs

Hayden Article on 17:49 - Apr 3 by QPunkR

What I don't understand is that he claims to have taken a pay cut to come here. Unless I've had some suspect mushrooms skipped into my tea, isn't it the case that usually we'd offer Newcastle a percentage of his wages then they cover the shortfall? Or if we offer 0% they'd pay the whole sum - either way loan players are never earning any more or less than what they're contracted for

Hayden was sent on a season long loan to Standard Liege so, is it possible that Newcastle were able to agree to pay him only half his wages until the summer and the rest to be picked up by the Belgian club? Then, when it all went t!ts up because Liege stopped paying his wages on time and he left, that Newcastle said find yourself another club to make up the shortfall. We obviously said we'll pay you a percentage but it won't be what Liege were offering.

This is guesswork but MIGHT be possible. Also Hayden says that in the summer he'll be back to square one, which I took to mean that Newcastle will have to pay him 100% again.
[Post edited 3 Apr 19:59]

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Hayden Article on 13:12 - Apr 4 with 452 viewsSuperhoops2808

This sentence is key.

“But it’ll be back to square one in the summer but hopefully I can help keep QPR up and would love to stay here if possible.”

Doesnt matter what we can afford if someone wants to stay, invariably a deal can be had to suit both parties when someone is keen to remain here.

I hope he stays, I think the guy is the best midfielder we have
Hayden Article on 13:27 - Apr 4 with 426 viewsngbqpr

Colback has another year, Field has "penned a new deal" (is anything in any other walk of life "penned", or is it exclusive to footballers' contracts?).

Given that we will still have very little wriggle room, I suspect that the relative luxury of having 3 of our better paid players being rotated for 2 spots in the team will be something we can't afford unless we get lucky with an Eze windfall...or unless Marti can justify it by returning to his preferred 4-3-3 with these three as the first choice middle 3.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024