Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday's no-show piles pressure on QPR at Plymouth - Preview 09:45 - Apr 9 with 2364 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62279
Saturday's no-show piles pressure on QPR at Plymouth - Preview on 11:00 - Apr 9 with 2108 viewsdaveB

I'd snap your hand off for a nice boring 0-0
Saturday's no-show piles pressure on QPR at Plymouth - Preview on 11:31 - Apr 9 with 2018 viewsDeanoMD

At the end of the day if we can't beat teams that are supposedly worse than us, the list is a fairly long one and includes teams such as Sunderland, then unfortunately we deserve to go down.

Marti's done an amazing job to get us to where we are but we all know what the problems are and it may well be that the poor form of our attacking players across the season is what kills us eventually.

I do think our main hope is teams below us not getting the results they need because our players can't be trusted when it really matters....sigh.....
Saturday's no-show piles pressure on QPR at Plymouth - Preview on 13:31 - Apr 9 with 1627 viewsrobith

One thing that gives me hope is Marti has proven he can galvanise the team after a bad result

After losing to Cardiff and Watford, we got 8 from 12
After losing to Stoke we got 10 from 12
After Boro we got 7 from 9

I would have massively preferred us to have done....literally anything other than what we did on Saturday, but I'm slightly hopeful that Marti can use it to get this bunch of pricks over the line
Saturday's no-show piles pressure on QPR at Plymouth - Preview on 13:40 - Apr 9 with 1586 viewsrbee

I nearly always feel positive before a game but especially so away from home. Whatever demons and jinx's emanating from the big black cat are left behind at Loftus Road and our team can play with added freedom and less pressure.

I read that Marti was thinking about making changes for tonights line up but I hope he doesn't. Saturday's starting 11 for me is our best team and they owe us one for the lacklustre display against Wednesday.
Saturday's no-show piles pressure on QPR at Plymouth - Preview on 13:57 - Apr 9 with 1507 views222gers

I think if he picks Armstrong again to start it would be good to start Smyth as well. Both v quick.
The defence picks itself.
Saturday's no-show piles pressure on QPR at Plymouth - Preview on 14:02 - Apr 9 with 1487 viewsngbqpr

Saturday's no-show piles pressure on QPR at Plymouth - Preview on 11:31 - Apr 9 by DeanoMD

At the end of the day if we can't beat teams that are supposedly worse than us, the list is a fairly long one and includes teams such as Sunderland, then unfortunately we deserve to go down.

Marti's done an amazing job to get us to where we are but we all know what the problems are and it may well be that the poor form of our attacking players across the season is what kills us eventually.

I do think our main hope is teams below us not getting the results they need because our players can't be trusted when it really matters....sigh.....

Agree with the last para.

While I'm still very nervous about our prospects, the fact remains that with two relegation spots left to fill, 6 teams are below us, and 5 of those 6 need to better our results with just 5 games to do it in. You can add in 2 further teams ahead of us just by GD / 1 point respectively.

Those 6 below us are, frankly, all as bad / inconsistent / nervous as we are. And for all the woes of last Saturday, we've sneaked ahead of the pack as on recent form we've bettered their results.

Looked at another way...if Brum, Wednesday and Huddersfield all get a respectable 7 or 8 points from their last 15, we'd probably stay up with 4 from 15.

No, I'm not convinced either...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Saturday's no-show piles pressure on QPR at Plymouth - Preview on 14:06 - Apr 9 with 1475 viewsrbee

Saturday's no-show piles pressure on QPR at Plymouth - Preview on 11:00 - Apr 9 by daveB

I'd snap your hand off for a nice boring 0-0

Yup, given our propensity to fail against the teams around us in the table I would also be happy with a point tonight.

However bearing in mind our results at Swansea, Leicester, Bristol, Blackurn etc I want three points at Hull on Saturday.
Saturday's no-show piles pressure on QPR at Plymouth - Preview on 16:25 - Apr 9 with 1141 viewssprocket

Not a snowballs chance in hell QPR get a result here tonight. I'm depressed thinking about it
Login to get fewer ads

Saturday's no-show piles pressure on QPR at Plymouth - Preview on 16:39 - Apr 9 with 1067 viewsmart_Goblin

Saturday's no-show piles pressure on QPR at Plymouth - Preview on 13:57 - Apr 9 by 222gers

I think if he picks Armstrong again to start it would be good to start Smyth as well. Both v quick.
The defence picks itself.

Not sure it does.

Paal has been way off since the Stoke game . He might go with Fox and I wouldn’t be too unhappy with that
Saturday's no-show piles pressure on QPR at Plymouth - Preview on 16:41 - Apr 9 with 1045 viewsrbee

No need to be depressed. It is in our current DNA to lose against the teams around us so look at tonight's game as a free pass, a point or three would be an unexpected bonus.

It is also in our 2024 DNA to play well away from home so leaving Hull on Saturday empty handed would be far more disappointing for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024