Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom the steward. 01:21 - Apr 13 with 2170 viewsstowmarketrange

I saw on fb that Tom,who used to control us yobbos in front of the loft in the 70’s and 80’s has passed away.A real shame if it’s true.
RIP to a real club legend and condolences to his family and friends.
Now on the official fb site.
[Post edited 13 Apr 9:45]
Tom the steward. on 06:44 - Apr 13 with 1953 viewsdaveB

That's really sad, he was a big part of QPR growing up, can see him punching the air when SInton scored against Arsenal in the cup
Tom the steward. on 09:47 - Apr 13 with 1663 viewsEsox_Lucius

I've known Tom Hyett since I was a kid at the R's and he truly deserves to be called a legend of the club. Latterly he was in charge of the less abled fans but when he was a steward in the Loft he used to look after an adjustable platform I made that I used to hang on the fence for my boy to be able to see over the top, Tom used to collect it after the game and store it at the ground and if he had time it would sometimes be in place when we arrived at the ground.
I used to chat to him before games but when I didn't see him at the Birmingham game I enquired as to his health and his daughter told me he had had a heart attack but was hoping he'd be back before the end of the season. I'm going to miss him, he epitomises the loyal fan.
Edit. I just noticed autocorrect changed his surname to English.
RIP Tom
[Post edited 13 Apr 17:29]

The grass is always greener.

Tom the steward. on 10:28 - Apr 13 with 1542 viewsHastings_Hoops

“If in doubt, kick it out” - footballing knowledge he muttered 32 years ago sat in front of that yellow gate when Alan McDonald punted the ball into the South Africa road stand - has stuck with a very ‘doubt filled’ QPR ever since!
Tom the steward. on 10:43 - Apr 13 with 1491 viewsfrancisbowles

Tom the steward. on 09:47 - Apr 13 by Esox_Lucius

I've known Tom Hyett since I was a kid at the R's and he truly deserves to be called a legend of the club. Latterly he was in charge of the less abled fans but when he was a steward in the Loft he used to look after an adjustable platform I made that I used to hang on the fence for my boy to be able to see over the top, Tom used to collect it after the game and store it at the ground and if he had time it would sometimes be in place when we arrived at the ground.
I used to chat to him before games but when I didn't see him at the Birmingham game I enquired as to his health and his daughter told me he had had a heart attack but was hoping he'd be back before the end of the season. I'm going to miss him, he epitomises the loyal fan.
Edit. I just noticed autocorrect changed his surname to English.
RIP Tom
[Post edited 13 Apr 17:29]

I didn't know Tom but RIP to a decent man and fellow R.
Thanks Essox for the nice tribute.
Tom the steward. on 13:08 - Apr 13 with 1282 viewsngbqpr

Massive part of match days for me from the late 70s for a good decade or so.

Shine on Tom.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Tom the steward. on 13:27 - Apr 13 with 1196 viewsRed_Ranger

i cant put a face to the name.

anyone got a pic.

RIP tom
Tom the steward. on 13:56 - Apr 13 with 1113 viewsNoelmc

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/april/13/tom-hyett-rip/

Very sad news.

Tom looked after us in the East Paddock wheelchair user section for the last 10 years plus and always greeted you with a friendly smile and usually a team sheet. He was a great servant to the Club over many years and will be sadly missed.

Condolences to his family and friends. RIP Tom.
Tom the steward. on 14:15 - Apr 13 with 1049 viewsMalintabuk

Yep a true legend. My brother who is older than me and my Uncle knew him well ........ RIP
Login to get fewer ads

Tom the steward. on 14:39 - Apr 13 with 971 viewstomers

Tom the steward. on 14:15 - Apr 13 by Malintabuk

Yep a true legend. My brother who is older than me and my Uncle knew him well ........ RIP

I remember him well when we used to get in the loft at 1pm (we were very enthusiastic!) from around 1979 onwards, when me and my mates started going. Very sad. I’ve got a photo but can’t seem to post it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024