Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Field 01:48 - Apr 21 with 1356 viewsLogman

Seen lots of plaudits for Marti, the no. 10's and back four yesterday (particularly Dunne and Clarke Salter) but the person who needs a shout out is Sam Field. This is the player who has done the most to get us out of trouble this season, in my opinion. He owns the centre of the park but at the same time somehow pops up at centre back to make incredible blocks and now and again springs good attacks. POTY for me by a long margin. He is our Shaun Derry and Ali Faurlin rolled into one. Just needs an Adel, Routledge and Helgusson in front of him and we will be flying.
Sam Field on 07:04 - Apr 21 with 1130 viewsNorthantsHoop

Captain material next season, agree he has been a major factor in our improvement. Great to see he signed on for a longer term.
Sam Field on 07:11 - Apr 21 with 1094 viewsMalintabuk

Always said he is the first name on the team sheet for me. One of the genuine unsung heroes that every team needs.
Goes about his work with the minimal of fuss and even during those dark days of the Rhinestone Cowboy always left everything on the pitch
My POTY as well... though JCS is a strong contender
Sam Field on 07:12 - Apr 21 with 1095 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Him and Colbeck were immense yesterday.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sam Field on 07:50 - Apr 21 with 963 viewsngbqpr

Sam Field on 07:12 - Apr 21 by PlanetHonneywood

Him and Colbeck were immense yesterday.

...and are both likely to be here next season.

Realistically I don't think we can afford Hayden, so we just need a solid back up as, much as I love Field and appreciate Colback, their collective yellow card count will no doubt verge on the astronomical.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Sam Field on 07:54 - Apr 21 with 938 viewsSK_hoops

Sam Field on 07:11 - Apr 21 by Malintabuk

Always said he is the first name on the team sheet for me. One of the genuine unsung heroes that every team needs.
Goes about his work with the minimal of fuss and even during those dark days of the Rhinestone Cowboy always left everything on the pitch
My POTY as well... though JCS is a strong contender

Such a good player. I think the fact that he sort of flies under the radar a bit means no one has put in a bid for him. He would be a starter in practically any championship team.
Sam Field on 08:21 - Apr 21 with 830 viewsParkRoyalR

Sam Field on 07:54 - Apr 21 by SK_hoops

Such a good player. I think the fact that he sort of flies under the radar a bit means no one has put in a bid for him. He would be a starter in practically any championship team.

I was sat centre of South Africa Upper yesterday, his running and defensive play was superb, really off the scale.
Sam Field on 08:44 - Apr 21 with 757 viewsgazza1

Sam and a few others were 'well on it' yesterday.......he has played very well last few weeks, found his form again, but found it tough earlier season and why MC left him on the bench.
Sam Field on 08:47 - Apr 21 with 716 viewsted_hendrix

POTY for me too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Field on 08:49 - Apr 21 with 701 viewsOldPedro

Sam Field on 08:44 - Apr 21 by gazza1

Sam and a few others were 'well on it' yesterday.......he has played very well last few weeks, found his form again, but found it tough earlier season and why MC left him on the bench.

Think he was also tired earlier in the season and needed a rest - has come back well in the last few games.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Sam Field on 08:58 - Apr 21 with 645 viewsgazza1

Sam Field on 08:49 - Apr 21 by OldPedro

Think he was also tired earlier in the season and needed a rest - has come back well in the last few games.

Not sure what the problem was but he certainly wasn't the Sam Field we all know. Not sure MC helped playing him in a more advanced position. Another fine player and somebody you would not like to be playing against. A proper team player, i would feel safe playing along side him.

Arguably our best signing over the past few years
Sam Field on 10:23 - Apr 21 with 506 viewshertshoops

Player of the season for me, consistently good all season

The central block of Cook,JCS,Hayden and Field has been the reason we'll stay up imo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024