Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Cov 23:53 - Apr 26 with 5797 viewsLazyFan

At the end of every season its the same old same old ...

We should play the best team to get momentum into next year. Well, in the last two seasons, this momentum never happened anyway, so we should not. Especially as this squad will be ripped up anyway.

What we should do is play some of the young uns so we see how they can cope and also rest some of our assets so they don't get injured just before we sell them. Disaster memories of poor Rangel getting injured before he became out of contract. It would be very QPR to see our best players get ACLs in a nothing game at the end of the season.
No thanks, no way.

Therefore in my biased view we should play this team ...

Walsh

Drewe*
Dunne**
Fox
Larkeche

Hayden***
Hodge
EDB

Willock****
Armstrong
Pedder

Subs:
Begović
Cook
Cannon*****
Aoraha
Bala
Adomah******
Dykes

* = We know Kakays off, I suspect Drewe is not good enough. Lets find out if that is the case.
** = Can he still play CD? I think so, let's find out.
*** = Can he lead when the others are not there and he's on his own? Good test this.
**** = Might as well say goodbye and safety first by resting Chair who needs it.
***** = We know what he can do, and he may be carrying an injury, sub still him for now.
****** = Come on for the last 20 mins so, we can say goodbye.

Leave the rest to go early hols; they earned it.

zzzzzzzzzz

Team for Cov on 16:54 - Apr 28 with 1117 viewsVancouverHoop

I think it might be worth trying find out whether a couple of younger players can play positions other than ones that are currently occupied by more experienced fixtures. Larkeche and Cannon spring to mind. They're not going replace Dunne and Paal, but could they play anywhere else? Larkeche seems totally left sided, but could he do a job farther upfield, especially if Chair is unavailable? What else might Cannon offer defensively?
Team for Cov on 16:54 - Apr 28 with 1116 viewsLazyFan

Team for Cov on 14:19 - Apr 28 by hantssi

Will Wolves let Hodge go and can we afford Hayden?
By all means have them on the bench as usual though.
[Post edited 28 Apr 14:19]

We cannot afford Hayden and also, Marti thinks Colback is better, which he is when he stays back 10 yards and does not give away silly yellows.

Hodge has had moments, not just the goal, but good play as well. Wolves may let him go for cheap as we can claim we are taking a risk. But how do we know hes even worth £500K unless we play him a bit more.

Also, we need to play these loan players as why would Prem clubs let us borrow players on loan on the cheap (which is the only way we get em) if we don't play em?

Cov game is not crucial, we should play these players as a thank you to the Prem clubs who loaned em on the cheap. This way they will hopefully loan us players again on the cheap when we need it or sell em cheap as we have proven we can look after em.

zzzzzzzzzz

Team for Cov on 17:30 - Apr 28 with 1055 viewsNed_Kennedys

No way should we ‘thank’ Premier League clubs by playing loan players for no reason. Smacks of tugging the forelock to the kind big teams for allowing us to borrow one of their brilliant players.
As if Wolves and Newcastle have leant us their players out of kindness: it benefits them as well.
Team for Cov on 12:00 - Apr 29 with 912 viewskensalriser

Team for Cov on 17:30 - Apr 28 by Ned_Kennedys

No way should we ‘thank’ Premier League clubs by playing loan players for no reason. Smacks of tugging the forelock to the kind big teams for allowing us to borrow one of their brilliant players.
As if Wolves and Newcastle have leant us their players out of kindness: it benefits them as well.

Indeed. And those clubs will learn just as much about their players if they can't get a starting place in a lower mid table champ side.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Team for Cov on 14:01 - Apr 29 with 774 viewsrobith

Team for Cov on 07:22 - Apr 27 by lightwaterhoop

Don't we get more money the higher up the table we finish? play our strongest side.

The prize money in the championship is woeful. You only get £100k for winning it, and £50k for second. You make more winning the play offs cos you get some of the Wembley gate
Team for Cov on 14:04 - Apr 29 with 755 viewsrobith

Team for Cov on 16:22 - Apr 28 by kensalriser

After all the fanfare surrounding the players who arrived in January, only one has ended the season as a regular starter. They did significantly strengthen the squad, but one out of four is a sobering return.

Hayden had a noticeable impact steadying the ship until Colback took his place on form. Frey was ok until he got injured. Hodge was just unlucky as he's not the finished article and we didn't get safe until the penultimate game. They were all net positives on the budget sheet too for the players we could shift as a result. Decent return imo
Team for Cov on 14:52 - Apr 29 with 677 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Team for Cov on 16:22 - Apr 28 by kensalriser

After all the fanfare surrounding the players who arrived in January, only one has ended the season as a regular starter. They did significantly strengthen the squad, but one out of four is a sobering return.

Think Hayden has made a positive impression too and both Hodge and Frey scored important goals. Notwithstanding their merits, offloading Dozzell to a relegation rival is the best transfer business we've done in years.
[Post edited 29 Apr 14:54]
Team for Cov on 19:50 - Apr 29 with 527 viewsderbyhoop

A couple of changes would be OK, wholesale changes not.
Be useful to see if Walsh can cut it and worth offering follow up deal. I don't expect us to keep Begovic. Larkeche, Fox for Paal, JCS. I'd like to see EDB and Armstrong getting decent cameos from bench.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Cov on 20:46 - Apr 29 with 439 viewsRanger_Things

Team for Cov on 14:01 - Apr 29 by robith

The prize money in the championship is woeful. You only get £100k for winning it, and £50k for second. You make more winning the play offs cos you get some of the Wembley gate

I think is more for the playoffs. I may have dreamt it but pretty sure I read that it’s customary for the winning team to give the loser their share.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024