Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The LFW Confession Box 20:55 - Apr 28 with 5287 viewsSuperhoops2808

So now we are safe and looking forward to being able to enjoy not just the next game but a whole week in the lead up, time for a little fun.

Let’s open up the LFW Confession Box – Its time to admit whether you thought we would be safe, relegated or if you are L-Block thought we would be relegated by Christmas (Just kidding mate) – At what point did your opinions change etc throughout the season. I know there were many that dreaded this season even before it had started, and the first game didn’t nothing to settle that.

I’ll start the ball rolling. As many know, I was quite vocal at the start of the season and confess to jumping all over people who thought we were going to be relegated before the season had even started. Just before Gareth went, I was very nervous that I was going to have to eat my words because we were all over the place – 6 in a row and I decided I was wrong - League 1 was beckoning.
The game that turned my opinion and made me think we could do it, was the away win to Blackburn. We had been shocking in January and I don’t recall us ever winning up there despite supporting the Rrrr’s for almost 50 years. After that, we seemed to stop conceding from set pieces and defending better and apart from having a minor wobble after Easter was relatively sure we would survive.

So come on, cleanse your souls and lets hear your thoughts and emotions over the season and did your opinion on the outcome change.

The LFW Confession Box on 15:23 - Apr 29 with 977 viewskensalriser

Really there was little chance of relegation once we'd gone 6 points clear with six games left, it would have taken some collapse to not get the extra three points we needed from then.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The LFW Confession Box on 16:08 - Apr 29 with 892 viewsdutch

It was two away games for me. After Watford I said on the train home, to anybody who would listen and some who tried not to, we can only go down from here, nailed on relegation. The worst opening day performance in the 56 seasons I've been watching this mob and it didn't get any better. Leicester away was revelatory, we did a brilliant job that day and suddenly hopes were raised. I wavered after Wednesday at home, but felt pretty safe from that point on. We are not a league one club and the fans made sure we never felt like one this year. Our role in this should not be underestimated.
The LFW Confession Box on 16:16 - Apr 29 with 843 viewsBluce_Ree

When we followed up the win at Watford with the 6-1 loss at Blackpool I was pretty much like 'fk this team. Number one bullshit.'

Marti's love is king though.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

The LFW Confession Box on 16:22 - Apr 29 with 830 viewsdaveB

The LFW Confession Box on 13:20 - Apr 29 by ParkRoyalR

Agree on Blackburn game worst than Arsenal + Newcastle 0-6 defeats, sure that was the game I saw Colback coaching SDM and just thought what gave you been doing all week in training, truly shocking.

yeah those two 6-0 ones the opposition were very good so as bad as we were you can sort of accept it, this was against a crap Blackburn side and 4-0 flattered us, I've never felt lower as a fan than I did that night
The LFW Confession Box on 10:04 - Apr 30 with 576 viewsTheChef

Yes there were always occasional moments of doubt (failing to beat Wednesday over two games, that defeat at Stoke, the Begovic flap at Plymouth) but my mantra was mainly 'in Marti we trust'.

And as long as we had JCS and Cook available, we would at least be hard to beat.

How we stuck the ball in the net was always another matter entirely! But we found a way.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The LFW Confession Box on 10:48 - Apr 30 with 490 viewsTheChef

Oh and for the first time ever in a QPR season, I didn't see us win in person (across six or seven matches).

After losing 3-0 at Hull I though it was better I stayed away

And yet also this season, don't think I've seen us win so many times on the telly. Odd.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The LFW Confession Box on 11:42 - Apr 30 with 442 viewsQPROslo

Our wins at Cardiff and Boro together with some decent performances inbetween gave me some hope, but that pretty much went during the following games under Gareth, particularly Blackburn home. I only got that hope back when Marti came in and we got a point at Rotherham. I have always had some confidence in our regular players, just felt the squad was too thin. Although there was the occasional bad game since Marti came in usually in the middle or at the end of a 3 match week, our key players stayed mostly fit and we continually improved, so I always retained the hope we'd stay up despite the few setbacks along the way.
The LFW Confession Box on 15:22 - Apr 30 with 337 viewsQPerthR

When Agent Dozzell went to Birmingham , we only had to stay in front of them and their morale was already down . With all the other Agents there I knew we could do it . What it afforded us in the transfer market transformed morale within the team and also us as supporters . You lot that go should be commended because you ere a part of this transformation. Respect to you all
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024