Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell 18:32 - Apr 29 with 9700 viewsHayesender

Just read that Birmingham were eight points (yes 8) ahead of us when they took him off our hands.

Without doubt the deal of the decade. Whoever sorted that deal out should be given the freedom of Shepherd's Bush
[Post edited 29 Apr 19:44]

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Andre Dozzell on 11:21 - May 1 with 1126 viewsTacticalR

Phil Ham from Ipswich fansnetwork site TWTD was quite positive about Dozzell when we signed him in 2021:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55183/qpr-take-a-c

Air hostess clique

Andre Dozzell on 11:27 - May 1 with 1079 viewsKensalT

Not sure why we are still picking at this old wound. He's hardly going to appear in hoops ever again.

Dozzell hasn't even made the bench in Birmingham's must win games against Rotherham and Huddersfield, which suggests he is unlikely to be offered a deal up there if Rowett is still in charge next season.

What might be worth a look with the benefit of hindsight is this reaction to us signing Dozzell by Ipswich fan and avid Championship observer Benjamin Bloom:

I think "damning with faint praise" just about sums it up.
Andre Dozzell on 11:30 - May 1 with 1041 viewsJimmyR

Andre Dozzell on 12:10 - Apr 30 by QPROslo

Dozzell is a good quick, accurate passer of the ball, ideal for how Marti wants us to play the game passing out from the back with a 3 man midfield. Since he went we have rarely done that and then when Colback has played. Playing out from the back has become a pragmatic long ball out to Dunne wide after Begovic, JCS and Cook have passed it along the back line 2 or 3 times. I think he's a decent player, clearly Mowbray a good Manager thinks the same, even though so many don't. He scored our goal of the season for me too.

He was shite, lightweight and many games you would struggle to know he was even playing

Thank jeyus (MC?) we got him to f*ck.

I have him down as one of our worst players in recent years. Everyone’s is entitled to their opinion but I suspect you are firmly in the minority with you assessment

Tbf he was available to play a lot but then so could I be for the right money
Andre Dozzell on 13:48 - May 1 with 827 viewsterryb

Andre Dozzell on 11:00 - May 1 by QPROslo

Don't think that's correct. My recollection is that many Ipswich supporters rated Dozzell, others did not.

Not any of the Ipswich supporters that I know!

And having lived there since 1974, I know quite a few!
Andre Dozzell on 15:37 - May 1 with 608 viewsrobith

Andre Dozzell on 09:47 - Apr 30 by Antti_Heinola

There are many reasons whhy Dozzell did not make aa significant contribution for us, but this is very unfair. You don't get to be a footballer at any professional level without having to work hard. It's not like Jason Dozzell, who while I'm sure enjoyed a good salary compared to most of us, was getting paid millions a year.
There's a lot of assumptions in your post there based on basically nothing, unless you watched him grow up or have an intimate knowledge of Jason's parenting?
Respect your posts a lot Gloucs, but this one is a bit uncomfortable.

I agree Antti. Players can just be crap, or not right for a club, it doesn't require a character assassination or painting them as history's greatest monster every time
[Post edited 1 May 15:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024