Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League spending cap 22:20 - Apr 29 with 1466 viewsMonkey_Roots

https://news.sky.com/story/premier-league-clubs-agree-squad-spending-cap-in-prin

The amount of money just tossed out there for discussion is obscene.

I saw a report where they said that the club who finishes last is given £103m in TV revenue, and an example multiplier was 4.5, so the richest clubs can only spend 4.5 times the lowest income of a club in the EPL on their squad - so they can only spend £463.5m on their squad… and we’re keeping everything crossed that we can bring in approx £12m from Eze sale.

Mind boggling.
Premier League spending cap on 22:40 - Apr 29 with 1382 viewsenfieldargh

So Sheffield Utd would get 104M ...in one hit plus parachute payments, and luton a fair bit more

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Premier League spending cap on 23:34 - Apr 29 with 1277 viewsdaveB

nothings been agreed yet just sounds like a lot of hot air at the moment
Premier League spending cap on 07:52 - Apr 30 with 1061 viewsMonkey_Roots

Premier League spending cap on 23:34 - Apr 29 by daveB

nothings been agreed yet just sounds like a lot of hot air at the moment

Yep, but the amount of £ is just eye watering, and to think that for some of the big clubs this is going to be BAD news!

Mental.
Premier League spending cap on 08:37 - Apr 30 with 1000 viewsPdog

I sometimes think if a team like us were to have a barnstorming season and get promoted, why not just pocket the £100m with minimal player spend or hoover up some young potential, pay off all debts / build a new stadium, invest in academy etc.

It'll be over by Christmas but longevity surely secure ready for another go.
Premier League spending cap on 08:45 - Apr 30 with 966 viewsTonto

I'm struggling to understand if thus really does make it fairer or not...

They haven't adopted UEFA's model.

Not sure which is better (by better j mean more even and not strongly biased towards the "big 6" teams

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Premier League spending cap on 08:59 - Apr 30 with 935 viewsNorthernr

Premier League spending cap on 08:37 - Apr 30 by Pdog

I sometimes think if a team like us were to have a barnstorming season and get promoted, why not just pocket the £100m with minimal player spend or hoover up some young potential, pay off all debts / build a new stadium, invest in academy etc.

It'll be over by Christmas but longevity surely secure ready for another go.

That was basically what West Brom and Burnley did back in the day - go up, spend pennies, bank it, come back, go back and you're in a much better position to take a swing at it. Norwich did it more recently as well but then spectacularly missed with their spending swing.

It's pretty much what Luton have done this time I think. They'll come out of it with £50m in the bank and a new stadium. Bstards.
Premier League spending cap on 09:29 - Apr 30 with 836 viewseastside_r

Premier League spending cap on 08:45 - Apr 30 by Tonto

I'm struggling to understand if thus really does make it fairer or not...

They haven't adopted UEFA's model.

Not sure which is better (by better j mean more even and not strongly biased towards the "big 6" teams

There was a very good explanation and discussion about this on 5 Live’s Monday Night Club.

They had that football finance fella on (Kieron?) He thinks something will definitely happen, as this is an attempt by the middle-ranking clubs to prevent the big six getting even richer rather than reversing their financial dominance.

He thinks this is being led by Steve Parish the Palace chairman. The early indicative vote got 16 votes, they only need 14 to effect a change.
Premier League spending cap on 12:28 - Apr 30 with 689 viewsMedwayR

I think this is good in the sense that it stops the top 6 dominating spending & allows smaller clubs with rich owners the opportunity to spend to compete.

But it does expose the myth that FFP is there to stop a club doing a Leeds or going bust, there’s still no protection against that.

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

Premier League spending cap on 14:04 - Apr 30 with 578 viewsdmm

Maybe it'll incentivise the big clubs to go away and join a super league.
Premier League spending cap on 15:14 - Apr 30 with 482 viewsTheChef

Premier League spending crap, more like.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024