Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City sue Premier League 21:28 - Jun 4 with 1082 viewsWhiterockin

I wasn't expecting that twist.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-city-premier-league-ffp-

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Man City sue Premier League on 21:29 - Jun 4 with 1078 viewsKeithHaynes

Always going to happen, the arbitration for me will fall on their side.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Man City sue Premier League on 21:32 - Jun 4 with 1061 viewsWhiterockin

Man City sue Premier League on 21:29 - Jun 4 by KeithHaynes

Always going to happen, the arbitration for me will fall on their side.

Attack is the best form of defence.

Man City sue Premier League on 21:35 - Jun 4 with 1038 viewsKeithHaynes

Man City sue Premier League on 21:32 - Jun 4 by Whiterockin

The key part for me is the profit and sustainability threshold which hasn’t changed for twenty odd years.

The EPL are blind.

Man City sue Premier League on 21:36 - Jun 4 with 1032 viewsFireboy2

The yernited and liverpool plastics will be on soon in their droves.
Man City sue Premier League on 21:37 - Jun 4 with 1021 viewsmax936

Man City sue Premier League on 21:32 - Jun 4 by Whiterockin

Slimeballs of the highest order, no wonder many have turned against them, they think they are bigger than the game itself. Disgusting.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Man City sue Premier League on 21:46 - Jun 4 with 984 viewsDr_Winston

Much as I hate to admit it, I do have some sympathy.

FFP rules weren't brought in to aid sustainability in the game, no matter how much the governing body may protest to the contrary. They were brought in to limit the amount of spending that clubs like Man City, PSG and now Newcastle can do.

Unlimited oil wealth could upset the current status quo and see the established big boys struggle to maintain their grip on success. There is no deeper reason to it than that. FFP was designed to protect the established members of the ECA.

Having said that, it looks pretty clear that Citeh have bent the rules that existed at the time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Man City sue Premier League on 22:30 - Jun 4 with 914 viewsBoundy

Man City sue Premier League on 21:46 - Jun 4 by Dr_Winston

FFP rules weren't brought in to aid sustainability in the game, no matter how much the governing body may protest to the contrary. They were brought in to limit the amount of spending that clubs like Man City, PSG and now Newcastle can do.

Unlimited oil wealth could upset the current status quo and see the established big boys struggle to maintain their grip on success. There is no deeper reason to it than that. FFP was designed to protect the established members of the ECA.

Having said that, it looks pretty clear that Citeh have bent the rules that existed at the time.

Your last sentence , most definitely , look at the players they were hoovering up , even Wilf was seen as a threat and how better to nullify a threat to you , get him on your side.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Man City sue Premier League on 22:40 - Jun 4 with 889 viewsDr_Winston

Man City sue Premier League on 22:30 - Jun 4 by Boundy

Your last sentence , most definitely , look at the players they were hoovering up , even Wilf was seen as a threat and how better to nullify a threat to you , get him on your side.

Not debating that.

It's the pretence that FFP is there to somehow maintain the "integrity" of the game as opposed to doing the exact opposite in an attempt to rig it in favour of the established big boys that I have a problem with.
[Post edited 5 Jun 8:06]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Man City sue Premier League on 22:52 - Jun 4 with 880 viewsKeithHaynes

Man City sue Premier League on 21:46 - Jun 4 by Dr_Winston

The issue is surely they didn’t apply proper economics as the years moved on. Keeping the threshold at 100 million for years will possibly mean Man City will win this arbitration case.

Man City sue Premier League on 23:03 - Jun 4 with 856 viewsDr_Winston

Man City sue Premier League on 22:52 - Jun 4 by KeithHaynes

The issue is surely they didn’t apply proper economics as the years moved on. Keeping the threshold at 100 million for years will possibly mean Man City will win this arbitration case.

Quite possibly.

£100m isn't an awful lot these days. Arsenal spent more than that on Rice.

There seems to be an indecision at the top level of decision making. On one hand they seem to want to prevent the top clubs from setting up their own league, on the other they seem hell bent on forcing them to try and do so.

The time will come where the top clubs, both naturally big like Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal, and those made big by other means like Citeh and Newcastle (or abroad like Real M, Barca, PSG, Bayern M and others), will decide that there is no benefit to them by sticking with the established order.

Fan protests killed the first attempt at a ESL. They won't hold it off forever.

Man City sue Premier League on 23:41 - Jun 4 with 822 viewsKeithHaynes

The charges.

The charges against City, who deny wrongdoing, include 54 failures to provide accurate financial information from 2009-10 to 2017-18, 14 failures to provide accurate details for player and manager payments from 2009-10 to 2017-18, five failures to comply with Uefa's rules including financial fair play (FFP) from 2013- now.

The defence.

What City are going to argue at this arbitration hearing, which will start on Monday, is that some of the league's financial rules are unlawful and they are incompatible with UK competition law. The rules they are talking about are the Associated Party Transaction rules.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Man City sue Premier League on 08:34 - Jun 5 with 706 viewsonehunglow

Seems they believe themselves bigger than the game
They are and want to dominate for the future

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Man City sue Premier League on 09:07 - Jun 5 with 692 viewsWhiterockin

Man City sue Premier League on 08:34 - Jun 5 by onehunglow

Seems they believe themselves bigger than the game
They are and want to dominate for the future

Personally I want English/Welsh teams to be the best they possibly can. I want as many as possible competing in the latter stages of European competitions. If we are not careful all the top players in the world will be in Saudi and we will be looking in from the outside. We have seen teams bending rules over the years United, Chelsea and so on but time catches up with them and they drift back into the bunch. IMO England will never be like Germany, Spain or Italy where one or two teams dominate for decades because owners come and go. Personally I just enjoy watching the quality players and go with the flow as I am a fan of no single Premier League club, just the league.

Man City sue Premier League on 09:16 - Jun 5 with 677 viewsonehunglow

Man City sue Premier League on 09:07 - Jun 5 by Whiterockin

Personally I want English/Welsh teams to be the best they possibly can. I want as many as possible competing in the latter stages of European competitions. If we are not careful all the top players in the world will be in Saudi and we will be looking in from the outside. We have seen teams bending rules over the years United, Chelsea and so on but time catches up with them and they drift back into the bunch. IMO England will never be like Germany, Spain or Italy where one or two teams dominate for decades because owners come and go. Personally I just enjoy watching the quality players and go with the flow as I am a fan of no single Premier League club, just the league.

Morning Whitey.
I’ve long lost the passion I had for Wales internationals . I want us to win,of course.
I’m damaged still by Anfield 77 and that minivan perk Jock Stein debacle
It’s the Swans or nothing fir me
Sadly,I’ve lost interest in Grammy and even my previous love of Speedway has waned mainly due to my local track closing in 85 and too many others going west .
Tennis doesn’t do much for me ,neither does golf

Looking forward to the Tour de France though

Man City sue Premier League on 09:29 - Jun 5 with 667 viewsWhiterockin

Man City sue Premier League on 09:16 - Jun 5 by onehunglow

Morning Whitey.
I’ve long lost the passion I had for Wales internationals . I want us to win,of course.
I’m damaged still by Anfield 77 and that minivan perk Jock Stein debacle
It’s the Swans or nothing fir me
Sadly,I’ve lost interest in Grammy and even my previous love of Speedway has waned mainly due to my local track closing in 85 and too many others going west .
Tennis doesn’t do much for me ,neither does golf

Looking forward to the Tour de France though

Have you taken your meds this morning, I haven't a clue what you are on about and it has nothing to do with the thread.

Man City sue Premier League on 09:39 - Jun 5 with 658 viewsonehunglow

Man City sue Premier League on 09:29 - Jun 5 by Whiterockin

Have you taken your meds this morning, I haven't a clue what you are on about and it has nothing to do with the thread.

I have.
I’ve gotten on the wrong thread
Say fork all.
You aint seen me

Man City sue Premier League on 10:16 - Jun 5 with 636 viewsWhiterockin

Man City sue Premier League on 09:39 - Jun 5 by onehunglow

I have.
I’ve gotten on the wrong thread
Say fork all.
You aint seen me

Man City sue Premier League on 11:09 - Jun 5 with 598 viewsdobjack2

Man City sue Premier League on 23:41 - Jun 4 by KeithHaynes

The charges.

The charges against City, who deny wrongdoing, include 54 failures to provide accurate financial information from 2009-10 to 2017-18, 14 failures to provide accurate details for player and manager payments from 2009-10 to 2017-18, five failures to comply with Uefa's rules including financial fair play (FFP) from 2013- now.

The defence.

What City are going to argue at this arbitration hearing, which will start on Monday, is that some of the league's financial rules are unlawful and they are incompatible with UK competition law. The rules they are talking about are the Associated Party Transaction rules.

It's looking like a fight about money and who runs the premier league - if the oil rich foreign owners win then the gap between them and the rest, let alone the gap to any team that gets promoted, will be enormous.

The strength of the Premier League is that it is competitive. Man City have been the strongest team for 4 years but that isn't good enough for their owners. Their owners want to use their money to make the league even less competitive and for them to keep winning.

As ever money and greed looks to ruin everything.
Man City sue Premier League on 12:33 - Jun 5 with 580 viewsModeratorC

Man City sue Premier League on 11:09 - Jun 5 by dobjack2

It's looking like a fight about money and who runs the premier league - if the oil rich foreign owners win then the gap between them and the rest, let alone the gap to any team that gets promoted, will be enormous.

The strength of the Premier League is that it is competitive. Man City have been the strongest team for 4 years but that isn't good enough for their owners. Their owners want to use their money to make the league even less competitive and for them to keep winning.

Fat finger 🙄
Man City sue Premier League on 12:47 - Jun 5 with 552 viewsReslovenSwan1

It seems to me the case is as follows.

EP: You have broken the rules 156 of them.

MC: But you knew this and we understood that you did not ever intend to apply them. The laws were considered only notional.

EPL: But we are now under pressure from the Government

MC: The laws were never legal that's why you never applied them. It's unfair to us. You interpreted the law such that it allowed us to invest. Now 10 years later it is interpreted differently.

Is that anywhere the truth.?
[Post edited 5 Jun 13:45]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Man City sue Premier League on 15:28 - Jun 5 with 484 viewsSullutaCreturned

Man City sue Premier League on 23:41 - Jun 4 by KeithHaynes

The charges.

The defence.

Is it about "fair market value"?
Man City sue Premier League on 19:41 - Jun 5 with 424 viewsmax936

Man City sue Premier League on 11:09 - Jun 5 by dobjack2

This 100%, Citeh want to dominate football here and in Europe, if that happens it'll ruin the Premier League they win this case and the writing is on the wall.
The disparity between the have and have nots is growing because of owners buying up clubs and spending billions.

Up arrow for you Dobster
[Post edited 5 Jun 19:42]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Man City sue Premier League on 20:58 - Jun 5 with 389 viewsReslovenSwan1

The first step is to ban non competitive practices like hoovering up all the best young kids with no plan to ever play them. Ethan Ampadu for an example.

The then sell them close to the end of the contract and inserting a clause that gives them a percentage of any future sale price. I wish I could do that with my house.

It is actually a type of talent farming.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Man City sue Premier League on 22:08 - Jun 5 with 354 viewspencoedjack

Man City sue Premier League on 09:07 - Jun 5 by Whiterockin

Good post 👍
Man City sue Premier League on 08:57 - Jun 6 with 269 viewsonehunglow

Man City sue Premier League on 22:08 - Jun 5 by pencoedjack

Good post 👍

It absolutely is .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024