Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expat Friendly v L'Escargot 01:20 - Jul 12 with 1329 viewsBoston

A slugfest it was not. 10/10 to Kolli's barnet, it's really impressing me...22 million.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Expat Friendly v L'Escargot on 13:26 - Jul 12 with 1014 viewsActonExile

Not to be a killjoy or anything but fck me, where did Marti find that opposition.

Their goalie looked about 14.

On a more serious note, i'm not sure that Armstrong is the answer to any question that involves the words goal and scorer.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

Expat Friendly v L'Escargot on 13:40 - Jul 12 with 988 viewsMalintabuk

Expat Friendly v L'Escargot on 13:26 - Jul 12 by ActonExile

Not to be a killjoy or anything but fck me, where did Marti find that opposition.

Their goalie looked about 14.

On a more serious note, i'm not sure that Armstrong is the answer to any question that involves the words goal and scorer.

I was thinking exactly the same when watching the game but didn't want to say anything as it was basically a kick about.
But that miss of his was shocking and apart from the goal, which he did take, and the pass toChair.... really did very little.
But take Bennie who is just 17 and looks to be a real find....
[Post edited 12 Jul 13:44]
Expat Friendly v L'Escargot on 14:06 - Jul 12 with 908 viewskingsburyR

Expat Friendly v L'Escargot on 13:40 - Jul 12 by Malintabuk

I was thinking exactly the same when watching the game but didn't want to say anything as it was basically a kick about.
But that miss of his was shocking and apart from the goal, which he did take, and the pass toChair.... really did very little.
But take Bennie who is just 17 and looks to be a real find....
[Post edited 12 Jul 13:44]

I've always been in the camp that Armstrong is not the answer to our goal scoring prayers.

I'd stick him out on loan like we did Chair.

He doesn't appear to have footballing intelligence (more than I have but that ain't hard).

Power will only get you so far!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Expat Friendly v L'Escargot on 14:12 - Jul 12 with 893 viewsbosh67

Expat Friendly v L'Escargot on 14:06 - Jul 12 by kingsburyR

I've always been in the camp that Armstrong is not the answer to our goal scoring prayers.

I'd stick him out on loan like we did Chair.

He doesn't appear to have footballing intelligence (more than I have but that ain't hard).

Power will only get you so far!

Very difficult to send a player out on loan that is only on an extra year triggered by the club and not the player. I like Armstrong, great power and pace but the real issue is that either he's not being taught how to relax in front of goal or he just doesn't have that ability in him. Personally I would coach him to be a proper winger but that does involve the ability to be able to cross well and have the match mind to see the pass. As an out and out forward he doesn't have what a player like Langstaff has, which is the ability to simply bang goals in, and he's gone to Milwall.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Expat Friendly v L'Escargot on 14:36 - Jul 12 with 850 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Expat Friendly v L'Escargot on 14:12 - Jul 12 by bosh67

Very difficult to send a player out on loan that is only on an extra year triggered by the club and not the player. I like Armstrong, great power and pace but the real issue is that either he's not being taught how to relax in front of goal or he just doesn't have that ability in him. Personally I would coach him to be a proper winger but that does involve the ability to be able to cross well and have the match mind to see the pass. As an out and out forward he doesn't have what a player like Langstaff has, which is the ability to simply bang goals in, and he's gone to Milwall.

Hit the nail on the head as usual bosh67 his composure or lack of it is really holding him back right now .Having that power and pace presents multiple one on one situations with the keeper yet he is pretty poor so far in that spot .
He has all the tools except that killer instinct but unless he gets individual coaching its not looking good right now.
A winger might be his best position but his crossing ability is worse than his shooting IMO
I see him getting better at finding open players lately but that involves reading the game and making quick accurate decisions something he is lacking in also.
Being in that pressure cooker last year did not help him at all I believe so a loan down the leagues to develop under less stress is the solution.
I really like his desire so far though.Lets hope his agent does not poison his relationship with us at QPR
Expat Friendly v L'Escargot on 11:31 - Jul 13 with 511 viewstimcocking

This time last year we’d probably have lost that…
Expat Friendly v L'Escargot on 15:07 - Jul 13 with 411 viewsQPunkR

He's always described and seen himself as a winger - we've only been playing him up top because of our utter dearth of anything approaching a decent striker. However with coaching he should be improving his box play.

Also btw I'd go further and say he probably sees himself as an inverted winger, given how poor his crossing has looked when he does find himself out wide. Personally I think he has some of the attributes to play left wing forward - he needs space to run into rather than receiving the ball with a CB right up his aris.

Either way, you get the feeling this is a pivotal season for his development.

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024