Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's all a bit meh isn't it? 09:06 - Oct 20 with 1775 viewsNorthantsHoop

This is the way I've felt since the first game against West Brom and other than the 2nd half at Luton, the feeling has not changed. When I was at Derby two weeks ago felt this lot look a right mess and yesterday's performance did nothing to convince me otherwise.
It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 16:52 - Oct 20 with 1503 viewsqpr_1968

down voted by mistake....

felt exactly the same especially after the end of last season.
thought we had something special going into this season, and i know it was wba, but felt a bit dissapointed after the first result, like many, because we all want the best for our club.
nothing wrong with that...
thought we turned the corner when we beat luton in the cup, and that great 2nd half performance at kenilworth road.
frey was brilliant that half, and madsen appeared to be, lets just say, not too bad....

what the fcuk has happened since.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 09:27 - Oct 21 with 1312 viewsJames_Paddocks

I've been bored for the majority of this season.

I think I'm just bored of football in general.
It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 09:32 - Oct 21 with 1276 viewsNorthernr

Yeh I feel a bit numb to it.

I think it's a combination of letting my hopes get up towards the end of last season and thinking we were onto something, and being left very cold by my dealings with the club over the summer and start of this season.

The idea of League One was giving me sleepless nights last season. Just stay up and we'll be able to fly with this manager. Now it turns out we're sht anyway. Meh, as said.
It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 09:39 - Oct 21 with 1253 viewsHooparoo

Being a football fan down under means that most of the action happens overnight. Most Sundays as soon as I’m up I’m looking for the scores and the match report but lately I’ve begun to assume it’ll be more bad news so am losing enthusiasm for the whole thing. Followed the Rs for nearly 50 years but can now feel myself losing interest and not caring. Maybe just psychological self preservation I suppose. Feel sorry for you poor bastards who are paying to watch the mess we’re getting served up.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 09:46 - Oct 21 with 1211 viewsmikeygunn

It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 09:27 - Oct 21 by James_Paddocks

I've been bored for the majority of this season.

I think I'm just bored of football in general.

This is where my head is at too. Woke up on Sunday and didn’t think QPR till someone else mentioned them. Don’t really bother with much non QPR football nowadays. Too much on tv, and too many d!ckheads involved.
It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 10:09 - Oct 21 with 1130 viewsRangersw12

Absolutely fuming with the club tbh

Really thought it would better this season but once again our useless owners are taken in by a chancer with a laptop and the latest edition of Football manager . We will likely sack Marti during the next international break and get Warnock in and the whole cycle will repeat .

Sick to death of this bollocks

Club won't get any better with these owners
[Post edited 21 Oct 10:13]
It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 16:02 - Oct 21 with 920 viewsQPunkR

It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 10:09 - Oct 21 by Rangersw12

Absolutely fuming with the club tbh

Really thought it would better this season but once again our useless owners are taken in by a chancer with a laptop and the latest edition of Football manager . We will likely sack Marti during the next international break and get Warnock in and the whole cycle will repeat .

Sick to death of this bollocks

Club won't get any better with these owners
[Post edited 21 Oct 10:13]

Mate if we could get Colin back in I reckon he could get some kind of tune out of this shower. Not top half but still…

(caveat - not necessarily saying we should sack Martí. Unless Uncle Neil’s reading?)

QPR - "shit but local"

It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 16:25 - Oct 21 with 855 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

In the last 10 years, since we were relegated, of all the teams that have appeared in the Championship at any point, only Rotherham fans have seen their team lose more games than QPR. We've lost 194 football league games in that spell. That's 44% of our games.

In those 10 years, entirely in the Championship, our goal difference is -96. We've finished in the top 10 once, the bottom 14 nine times. We've finished in the top half three times, bottom half seven times. We've had a positive goal difference twice (+1 in 2022 and +2 in 2021).

I know there have been teams that have had a lower floor than us over those ten years (Portsmouth a good example coincidentally) but we really have had nothing exciting happen. Nothing to celebrate. Nothing to remember. A cup run? Yeah... good one.

It's hardly surprising a malaise has set in. Of all the things QPR has done well off the pitch, in the community, with fans, with the training ground... as fans we've been offered essentially nothing on the pitch other than a couple of seasons where relegation hasn't been a threat. That's what has constituted success around here for a decade.

It's perfectly natural to be fatigued by it. We've essentially been abject for a quarter of my life. To be honest I kind of feel these owners get away a little lightly for fear of an even worse owner. How much longer can it carry on? And what hope do we have that we'll see a resurgence if we do go down? There hasn't been a winning culture here for so long. It's easy to see us turning more into a Charlton than an Ipswich, that's for sure.

Sorry - but it really isn't my fault!
[Post edited 21 Oct 16:26]
Login to get fewer ads

It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 17:59 - Oct 21 with 700 viewsRs_Holy

It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 16:25 - Oct 21 by Padulas_Shampoo

In the last 10 years, since we were relegated, of all the teams that have appeared in the Championship at any point, only Rotherham fans have seen their team lose more games than QPR. We've lost 194 football league games in that spell. That's 44% of our games.

In those 10 years, entirely in the Championship, our goal difference is -96. We've finished in the top 10 once, the bottom 14 nine times. We've finished in the top half three times, bottom half seven times. We've had a positive goal difference twice (+1 in 2022 and +2 in 2021).

I know there have been teams that have had a lower floor than us over those ten years (Portsmouth a good example coincidentally) but we really have had nothing exciting happen. Nothing to celebrate. Nothing to remember. A cup run? Yeah... good one.

It's hardly surprising a malaise has set in. Of all the things QPR has done well off the pitch, in the community, with fans, with the training ground... as fans we've been offered essentially nothing on the pitch other than a couple of seasons where relegation hasn't been a threat. That's what has constituted success around here for a decade.

It's perfectly natural to be fatigued by it. We've essentially been abject for a quarter of my life. To be honest I kind of feel these owners get away a little lightly for fear of an even worse owner. How much longer can it carry on? And what hope do we have that we'll see a resurgence if we do go down? There hasn't been a winning culture here for so long. It's easy to see us turning more into a Charlton than an Ipswich, that's for sure.

i was thinking exactly this yesterday ... Guess we used up a lifetimes worth of luck with Bobby's goal in the playoff final. Since then nothing ...Nothing ...NOTHING... We dont even seem to get any luck drawing a big team in the cups... Death by a thousand cuts... MEH!!!
[Post edited 21 Oct 22:33]
It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 18:51 - Oct 21 with 620 viewscolinallcars

I don't think of other Rs fans as fellow fans….more like partners in adversity.
It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 19:23 - Oct 21 with 530 viewsjohnhoop

I think we would need to improve to a huge extent to reach the heights of “Meh.”
It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 20:55 - Oct 21 with 441 viewsDamo1962

It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 16:25 - Oct 21 by Padulas_Shampoo

Spot on. Sums up my feelings far better than I could. Thanks for that fella.
It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 21:00 - Oct 21 with 424 viewsDamo1962

It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 17:59 - Oct 21 by Rs_Holy

i was thinking exactly this yesterday ... Guess we used up a lifetimes worth of luck with Bobby's goal in the playoff final. Since then nothing ...Nothing ...NOTHING... We dont even seem to get any luck drawing a big team in the cups... Death by a thousand cuts... MEH!!!
[Post edited 21 Oct 22:33]

Think we have gone past a thousand cuts now 😉
It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 21:04 - Oct 21 with 409 viewscolinallcars

It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 21:00 - Oct 21 by Damo1962

Think we have gone past a thousand cuts now 😉

You missed the n out of “cuts”
It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 21:04 - Oct 21 with 409 viewseghamranger

Let’s hope Gary Oneill leaves wolves and we get him in here.
It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 21:20 - Oct 21 with 369 viewsDamo1962

It's all a bit meh isn't it? on 21:04 - Oct 21 by colinallcars

You missed the n out of “cuts”

🤭
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024