Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ryder cup 2025,$$$$$😱 09:40 - Oct 22 with 561 viewsdelhoop

The world has gone crazy,$750 for standard ticket for one day.top sport now is only for rich and freeloaders😔
ryder cup 2025,$$$$$😱 on 09:50 - Oct 22 with 524 viewsWokingR

Yep, gone are the days where this was for the proper golf fans.
It is almost entirely corporate now although it will still be full of gobshite boorish yanks, drunk on 2% Bud and struggling to remember the next line of USA, USA.
ryder cup 2025,$$$$$😱 on 10:32 - Oct 22 with 440 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Really, it's just so simple ... don't buy them!

Not a golf fan per se, but if the last round of a Major is on terrestrial/free TV, I'll watch it, but I avoid the jingoistic Ryder Cup on the basis that it's embarrassing and a bit shite. However, if you don't want to take my word for it: See further Woking's comments!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

ryder cup 2025,$$$$$😱 on 10:37 - Oct 22 with 425 viewsGaryBannister86

ryder cup 2025,$$$$$😱 on 10:32 - Oct 22 by PlanetHonneywood

Really, it's just so simple ... don't buy them!

Not a golf fan per se, but if the last round of a Major is on terrestrial/free TV, I'll watch it, but I avoid the jingoistic Ryder Cup on the basis that it's embarrassing and a bit shite. However, if you don't want to take my word for it: See further Woking's comments!

I went to the famous Belfry Ryder Cup win with my Dad, first day I think. We had our worst day's golf attendance ever - we couldn't see anything. Realised that there are so few players on the course that following them is absolutely packed, and if you are lucky enough to get around a hole or in a grandstand you of course don't see many coming through. Used to love going to a big event and following some pros all the way round, but just couldn't manage it in the Ryder Cup. In the other events there are virtually ten times the players on the first two days....

This was, of course, a billion years ago so may have changed since then :-)
ryder cup 2025,$$$$$😱 on 10:45 - Oct 22 with 397 viewsTheChef

ryder cup 2025,$$$$$😱 on 10:37 - Oct 22 by GaryBannister86

I went to the famous Belfry Ryder Cup win with my Dad, first day I think. We had our worst day's golf attendance ever - we couldn't see anything. Realised that there are so few players on the course that following them is absolutely packed, and if you are lucky enough to get around a hole or in a grandstand you of course don't see many coming through. Used to love going to a big event and following some pros all the way round, but just couldn't manage it in the Ryder Cup. In the other events there are virtually ten times the players on the first two days....

This was, of course, a billion years ago so may have changed since then :-)

Having played that Belfry course, I've no idea how they managed it for large crowds to follow the golfers round!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

ryder cup 2025,$$$$$😱 on 11:55 - Oct 22 with 293 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"U S A, U S A, U S A, U S A..."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

ryder cup 2025,$$$$$😱 on 11:59 - Oct 22 with 273 viewsGaryBannister86

ryder cup 2025,$$$$$😱 on 11:55 - Oct 22 by BrianMcCarthy

"U S A, U S A, U S A, U S A..."

It's the one event I can't watch live. I can't bear to lose to those Trump-adoring oafs to the extent that I can only watch it back if I know we've won. My hatred for American golfers and their behaviour and now their LIV-loving bilge and greed knows no bounds. I know Rahm will be on our side but I think he joined purely to spread the game ha ha ha ha.
ryder cup 2025,$$$$$😱 on 12:23 - Oct 22 with 209 viewsJuzzie

As with all major sports (and concerts) the days of tickets being 2' 6" are long gone. Everything is demand-driven and rather than just setting a price and selling out it's a case of "what's the max price we can sell these at in order to sell out without jeopardising that".

If there's 50,000 tickets for sale at xxx price and the demand is 500,000 then that's just a waste. They keep putting the price up (or more to the point work out beforehand) where the price will be at such a point that demand will drop to 50,001.

Job done. Do they care if they're pi$$ing people off who really want to go but are priced out and have no choice but to miss out on something they would/should otherwise be able to go to? Nope.

I was once in a meeting years ago where they spent 20 minutes on just one thing discussing the tipping point of what that item could be sold for before it puts people off. Nothing about the selling cost being reflective of the cost/value of the product etc, it's all about rinsing the most out of peoples pockets.

[Post edited 22 Oct 17:09]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024