Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suarez 13:15 - Feb 11 with 3160 viewsolympicdale

is now even more of a t*at that he already was.

Life is a game of fate.

Suarez on 13:34 - Feb 11 with 1509 views442Dale

He could have drawn a line under it all with the handshake. Pathetic's about right.

Not helped by a manager who refuses continuously, in public, to accept his player might be wrong.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Suarez on 13:38 - Feb 11 with 1484 viewsRooleyblue

Why should he draw a line under it?
Suarez has been branded a racist for an incident that he didnt think was racist,
despite him having mixed race parents the press and FA where only interested in 1 side of the story.
Have you ever been called a racist when you are not? its not nice.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Suarez on 13:42 - Feb 11 with 1475 viewsdalenumber2

Handbags outside the dressing room at ht too, pathetic really
Suarez on 13:43 - Feb 11 with 1469 viewsMoonyDale

Suarez on 13:38 - Feb 11 by Rooleyblue

Suarez has been branded a racist for an incident that he didnt think was racist,
despite him having mixed race parents the press and FA where only interested in 1 side of the story.

He used racist language, fact. and if the recipient of the abuse can offer his hand then Suarez could and should have shook it, not doing only underlines his sheer stupidity and the bloody mindedness shown by his team and his manager..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Suarez on 13:46 - Feb 11 with 1454 viewsjimmysbaldhead

'that he didnt think was racist'

But the fact remains it was racist. Liverpool have come out of this whole situation very badly.

or

Luis Suarez wasn't being pathetic - refusal to shake someone's hand is a compliment in Uruguay, plus his grandfather had hands.
Suarez on 13:52 - Feb 11 with 1437 viewsColDale

but surely he must realise that he put himself in a situation where that happened. I know it's been debated a million times already but he only has himself to blame after he admitted using a term with racist overtones and is seen on camera in the same incident picking at the skin of Evra.

Things could have been so much different had he apologised for what he admitted to saying, and suggested that he crossed a line in trying to wind up an opposing player and he wouldnt do so again. A complete lack of remorse and responsibility, coupled with a demonizing of the victim, has done him and his club no favours.
Suarez on 13:53 - Feb 11 with 1428 viewswmgunit

Suarez on 13:46 - Feb 11 by jimmysbaldhead

But the fact remains it was racist. Liverpool have come out of this whole situation very badly.

or

Luis Suarez wasn't being pathetic - refusal to shake someone's hand is a compliment in Uruguay, plus his grandfather had hands.

The best possible way to undermine Suarez's argument.

Suarez on 13:53 - Feb 11 with 1423 viewsRooleyblue

Suarez on 13:46 - Feb 11 by jimmysbaldhead

or

so what you are saying is they have to be bussom buddies now, Evra and Suarez have no respect for each other fact, why pretend, is it because it makes you feel all warm inside the fact that they have shook hands?
with regards to racist comments words if a black west indian calls one of his mates a Ni**er, does that make him a racist because he used a racist word?
i dont think so, its just the way they are.
the comment about the shaking of hands not being Uraguan, not a very interlectual response.
Login to get fewer ads

Suarez on 13:55 - Feb 11 with 1412 viewsMoonyDale

Suarez on 13:53 - Feb 11 by Rooleyblue

so what you are saying is they have to be bussom buddies now, Evra and Suarez have no respect for each other fact, why pretend, is it because it makes you feel all warm inside the fact that they have shook hands?
with regards to racist comments words if a black west indian calls one of his mates a Ni**er, does that make him a racist because he used a racist word?
the comment about the shaking of hands not being Uraguan, not a very interlectual response.

Shakes head in disbelief...

Suarez on 13:57 - Feb 11 with 1403 viewsRooleyblue

Suarez on 13:55 - Feb 11 by MoonyDale

Shakes head in disbelief...

why do you shake your head in disbelief?
expand please.

on second thoughts dont bother, I think i will leave it there as I wish I had never responded to the original posters comments.
Suarez on 14:06 - Feb 11 with 1386 viewsColDale

according to Jamie Redknapp, the game is still 0-0

I do hope that his Dad's impending move to the FA somehow precludes Jamie from working for Sky. However, I fear it will have the opposite effect. I have no idea why Sky put up with him. Surely someone high up at Sky must be giving him air time so he can pop round to see Louise every time Jamie is away working for Sky.
Suarez on 14:06 - Feb 11 with 1385 viewsMoonyDale

Suarez on 13:57 - Feb 11 by Rooleyblue

why do you shake your head in disbelief?
expand please.

on second thoughts dont bother, I think i will leave it there as I wish I had never responded to the original posters comments.

It all depends on context, if a West Indian calls his mate a Ni**er then you don't need to be half intelligent to realise that it isn't being used as a racist term, even amongst the black community the term is used by the more affluent as a slur against the less well off, in that context it would be classed as racist, now the term used by Suarez towards Evra was indeed racist and if Evra is big enough to offer his hand it should have been taken, is that expanded enough for you? How anyone could not understand that is why I shook my head in disbelief, unless of course you are one of the minority that think Suarez did no wrong...

Suarez on 14:07 - Feb 11 with 1378 viewsolympicdale

Dalglish has come out of this appallingly too, to be actually condoning Suarez's behavior, playing the seige mentality card,the final straw had to be those t shirts they had the squad wear. LFC have behaved shockingly in this whole thing, Suarez should be got rid of, the guys a bad apple and needs to be gone.

Life is a game of fate.

Suarez on 14:18 - Feb 11 with 1352 viewsRooleyblue

Suarez on 14:06 - Feb 11 by MoonyDale

It all depends on context, if a West Indian calls his mate a Ni**er then you don't need to be half intelligent to realise that it isn't being used as a racist term, even amongst the black community the term is used by the more affluent as a slur against the less well off, in that context it would be classed as racist, now the term used by Suarez towards Evra was indeed racist and if Evra is big enough to offer his hand it should have been taken, is that expanded enough for you? How anyone could not understand that is why I shook my head in disbelief, unless of course you are one of the minority that think Suarez did no wrong...

just trying to see it from boths sides, if Saurez is racist then he deserves all he gets, but if if wasnt meant to be racist and everyone to brands him a racist i can see why he is upset/annoyed, but lets have it right, he was guilty as soon as Evra mentiuoned that Suarez had used a racist comment towards him.
with the Keep racism out of football campain it was a chance to make an example of someone, without listening to his defence, howver weak it was. (but it may have been true) that we will never know.
Suarez on 14:19 - Feb 11 with 1349 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Suarez on 13:53 - Feb 11 by Rooleyblue

No of course they don't have to be bosom buddies.

I actually think the whole shaking hands before the game is a big waste of time. However if Evra was man enough to offer his hand then Suarez should have been man enough to accept.

Anyway Col summed it up perfectly earlier in this thread so I shall say no more other than its 'intellectual'.
Suarez on 14:21 - Feb 11 with 1342 viewsSuddenLad

If I intensely disliked someone, there's no way I would shake his hand, simply to please a few self-important pundits, journalists and to satisfy the watching masses.

Call Suarez what you like, but he stuck to his guns, and wouldn't be anyone's puppet. Good for him.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Suarez on 14:23 - Feb 11 with 1338 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Suarez on 14:21 - Feb 11 by SuddenLad

If I intensely disliked someone, there's no way I would shake his hand, simply to please a few self-important pundits, journalists and to satisfy the watching masses.

Call Suarez what you like, but he stuck to his guns, and wouldn't be anyone's puppet. Good for him.

For all I have said above you make a valid point. The whole thing has been a mess from start to ....whenever this damn thing will finish.

Just get rid of the handshake..its pointless!
Suarez on 14:30 - Feb 11 with 1323 viewsCedar_Room

Suarez should be mad at the FA - it was them who handed down the ban not Evra!
Suarez on 14:51 - Feb 11 with 1288 viewsolympicdale

Suarez on 14:23 - Feb 11 by jimmysbaldhead

For all I have said above you make a valid point. The whole thing has been a mess from start to ....whenever this damn thing will finish.

Just get rid of the handshake..its pointless!

they shouldnt have been made to shake hands in first place, even if they did shake would have been so transparent.

Life is a game of fate.

Suarez on 14:53 - Feb 11 with 1281 viewsClivert

Suarez on 13:34 - Feb 11 by 442Dale

He could have drawn a line under it all with the handshake. Pathetic's about right.

Not helped by a manager who refuses continuously, in public, to accept his player might be wrong.

Agree with this.

LFC are making themselves look bitter and twisted by it all.
Suarez on 15:05 - Feb 11 with 1253 viewsShun

Suarez on 14:06 - Feb 11 by ColDale

according to Jamie Redknapp, the game is still 0-0

I do hope that his Dad's impending move to the FA somehow precludes Jamie from working for Sky. However, I fear it will have the opposite effect. I have no idea why Sky put up with him. Surely someone high up at Sky must be giving him air time so he can pop round to see Louise every time Jamie is away working for Sky.

I actually love Jamie Redknapp and his punditry. Loved seeing his and Gary Neville's tension in the studio today too.

The one who's surprised me the most in this fiasco is Dalglish. I expected more from the man but every time I see him he says completely the wrong things.
Suarez on 15:23 - Feb 11 with 1222 viewsTVOS1907

Suarez on 15:05 - Feb 11 by Shun

I actually love Jamie Redknapp and his punditry. Loved seeing his and Gary Neville's tension in the studio today too.

The one who's surprised me the most in this fiasco is Dalglish. I expected more from the man but every time I see him he says completely the wrong things.

Dalglish was a great player, one of the greatest to ever play in this country.

But he doesn't ever come across at all well in managerial interviews. Everyone is against Liverpool and they are always being wronged.

He did it earlier in the season by claiming referees were giving too many decisions against his team.

A week later, they got one in their favour!

His stance on Suarez doesn't surprise me at all.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Suarez on 15:28 - Feb 11 with 1215 viewsfirgrovedale51

Suarez on 14:06 - Feb 11 by MoonyDale

No it does not if a term or words are racicst they are no matter how they are said, Suarez maintained what he said was not racist how he said it and was found guilty , so no matter how a term or words are said they are still racist .So if a black person call another black person n***er it is racist
Suarez on 15:30 - Feb 11 with 1211 viewsfirgrovedale51

Suarez on 14:51 - Feb 11 by olympicdale

they shouldnt have been made to shake hands in first place, even if they did shake would have been so transparent.

Agree with that a hanshake at the end is enough , and if a player doe not want to shake hands then so be it
Suarez on 15:34 - Feb 11 with 1198 viewsMoonyDale

Suarez on 15:28 - Feb 11 by firgrovedale51

No it does not if a term or words are racicst they are no matter how they are said, Suarez maintained what he said was not racist how he said it and was found guilty , so no matter how a term or words are said they are still racist .So if a black person call another black person n***er it is racist

I agree that we find that a racist term no matter how it is used, but the use of the term Ni**er from one friend to another is not deemed racist to themselves, that is what I meant by context, I have a friend who is an Oldham fan and he and his mates of the same creed use it between themselves often and they never see it as racist, if I were to use the term towards him it takes on a wholly different slant....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024