Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Edwards 17:52 - Mar 9 with 2695 viewsleedsdale

has signed on loan from Stevenage
Phil Edwards on 17:56 - Mar 9 with 2674 viewsD_Alien

A defender - but what position? Our central defence has been OK since Coleman arrived!

Edit: Bloody hell, someone's updated his Wiki page already!

5' 8" so must be a fullback. Fair do's!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Phil Edwards on 17:59 - Mar 9 with 2640 viewssandylaner1

who
Phil Edwards on 18:11 - Mar 9 with 2583 views442Dale

Reading Coleman's comments after the game and having seen the goals on tv, he'll probably replace Darby at right back.

Darby's done well at times this season but when his confidence goes he's nowhere near as good. And unfortunately we haven't got time for him to recover that confidence again.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Phil Edwards on 18:14 - Mar 9 with 2564 viewsDale_316

Hope he is a LB Widowson has been under par at times.

Oh when the dale go marching in

Phil Edwards on 18:20 - Mar 9 with 2546 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Was a firm favourite at Accy.

Kippax will know if he comes back on our board.........the Ultras had a song

"Phil Edwards is magic
He wears a magic hat......etc"
Phil Edwards on 18:25 - Mar 9 with 2523 views442Dale

He also took penalties at Accrington, so that's one job sorted.

Phil Edwards on 18:42 - Mar 9 with 2457 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Phil Edwards on 18:25 - Mar 9 by 442Dale

We need our lads falling about in the penalty area first......cue: Joey or JK!!
Phil Edwards on 18:44 - Mar 9 with 2444 viewsthebackrowhero

Phil Edwards on 18:25 - Mar 9 by 442Dale

oh right looked him up on FM and wondered how a 5'9 right back scored 12 last year!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Phil Edwards on 19:02 - Mar 9 with 2364 viewsleedsdale

Phil Edwards on 18:44 - Mar 9 by thebackrowhero

oh right looked him up on FM and wondered how a 5'9 right back scored 12 last year!!!

I guess he will be the one signed with a view to next season
Phil Edwards on 19:30 - Mar 9 with 2287 viewsSFD

Phil Edwards on 17:56 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

A defender - but what position? Our central defence has been OK since Coleman arrived!

According to his agent can play RB,CB and Stevenage played him in centre midfield.
Phil Edwards on 19:30 - Mar 9 with 2287 viewssweetcorn

Can't weigh up this signing, hope he isn't included in coleman's two signings and this just a loan that came to light out of nowhere. still holding out hope for a winger and striker.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Phil Edwards on 19:36 - Mar 9 with 2260 viewsphomem

Phil Edwards on 19:30 - Mar 9 by sweetcorn

Can't weigh up this signing, hope he isn't included in coleman's two signings and this just a loan that came to light out of nowhere. still holding out hope for a winger and striker.

long and the west ham loan who went back McCallum were his first two signings
Phil Edwards on 19:39 - Mar 9 with 2247 viewsTalkingSutty

Phil Edwards on 19:30 - Mar 9 by sweetcorn

Opposite to you, i hope he is someone who is deemed good enough to sign permanent. If this is the start of the managers re-building plan then bring it on.

We need to start looking at bringing our own players in because the over reliance of loan players has been ridiculous, if he is good enough lets look at recruiting him for next season.
Phil Edwards on 19:55 - Mar 9 with 2197 views49thseason

Needless to say he is a scouser (born Bootle) so at least he won't need anyone to translate Coleman's instructions. I bet JLAA thinks he has been teleported into a parallel universe just as he was getting the hang of understanding Manc.
Phil Edwards on 19:55 - Mar 9 with 2195 viewspl56

Phil Edwards on 17:56 - Mar 9 by D_Alien

Remarkably he played the vast majority of his games under Coleman as a centre back at Accrington , and he was highly thought of there in that position . I think he started at Wigan , but they got rid on account of his height , but he proved he had the ability to play there at Accrington , to the point he was much sought after when he signed for Stevenage . For me , good age , good pedigree and a degree of flexibility - I hope this is one for the future .
Phil Edwards on 19:59 - Mar 9 with 2180 viewsSFD

Phil Edwards on 19:55 - Mar 9 by pl56

Remarkably he played the vast majority of his games under Coleman as a centre back at Accrington , and he was highly thought of there in that position . I think he started at Wigan , but they got rid on account of his height , but he proved he had the ability to play there at Accrington , to the point he was much sought after when he signed for Stevenage . For me , good age , good pedigree and a degree of flexibility - I hope this is one for the future .

Think he might play instead of BBM tomorrow and hopefully Tutte in for Jonah utilise Jones in final 30 mins as opposition tire
Phil Edwards on 20:11 - Mar 9 with 2136 viewssweetcorn

Phil Edwards on 19:39 - Mar 9 by TalkingSutty

Opposite to you, i hope he is someone who is deemed good enough to sign permanent. If this is the start of the managers re-building plan then bring it on.

We need to start looking at bringing our own players in because the over reliance of loan players has been ridiculous, if he is good enough lets look at recruiting him for next season.

I think you're mis-reading what i'm saying. Coleman stated that he was looking to bring two players in, my point was that i was hoping they were a winger and a striker and this signing has just revealed itself, but he still wants to sign the winger and striker the team is crying out for.

Phil Edwards on 20:12 - Mar 9 with 2129 viewssweetcorn

Phil Edwards on 19:36 - Mar 9 by phomem

long and the west ham loan who went back McCallum were his first two signings

What are you talking about? when did i put anything about being coleman's two signings? i heard somewhere he was looking to bring two in this week, so where your comment has come from i have no idea.

Phil Edwards on 20:19 - Mar 9 with 2116 viewspnc4eva1

Phil Edwards on 19:59 - Mar 9 by SFD

Think he might play instead of BBM tomorrow and hopefully Tutte in for Jonah utilise Jones in final 30 mins as opposition tire

Are you leaning on one butt cheek whilst typing that because to me you're talking out of you bum. Jonah is playing well. By all means swap Tutte for BBM in home games. However away at Hudds keep it tight until 30 minutes to go then put Tutte on for BBM. He has younger legs than Jonah and will be a better impact sub.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Phil Edwards on 20:28 - Mar 9 with 2082 viewsSFD

Phil Edwards on 20:19 - Mar 9 by pnc4eva1

Are you leaning on one butt cheek whilst typing that because to me you're talking out of you bum. Jonah is playing well. By all means swap Tutte for BBM in home games. However away at Hudds keep it tight until 30 minutes to go then put Tutte on for BBM. He has younger legs than Jonah and will be a better impact sub.

Jonah is not payingell at all he ave the ball away numerous times in our own half on tues night both him and BBM were out run in the second half Tutte was best player when he came on.
Hey size of my arse aint a clue what side im sat on
Phil Edwards on 20:37 - Mar 9 with 2065 views442Dale

Jones was playing very well when Coleman took over. He's been very average in the last two home games, didn't go to Carlisle.

He's played every minute if every game and we're bottom. And that doesn't mean it's his fault, but it does mean we should look what alternatives there are.

Phil Edwards on 20:46 - Mar 9 with 2039 viewsnordenblue

Phil Edwards on 20:19 - Mar 9 by pnc4eva1

What games are you watching? Jones is our weak link in the middle, bbm is the main reason we've stopped conceding as many and JK has been different class so of any there's only 1 that should make way for a younger and fresher legs in Mr Tutte!!
Phil Edwards on 14:03 - Mar 10 with 1655 viewsmaccawozzagod

Phil Edwards on 20:46 - Mar 9 by nordenblue

What games are you watching? Jones is our weak link in the middle, bbm is the main reason we've stopped conceding as many and JK has been different class so of any there's only 1 that should make way for a younger and fresher legs in Mr Tutte!!

263 appearances for Accrington and the last three seasons each saw him play over 50 games. He holds the Stanley record for most consecutive games at 152, which was only stopped by the accumulation of 5 yellow cards.

Is a short arse for a centre back and Coley famously said last year that he would be a Premier League player if he three or four inches taller.

Not the fastest player around but has very good reading of the game and excellent positional sense, which gets him out of the trouble that his lack of pace might otherwise present. Having said that it sounds like he is a cart horse, but thats not true.

Excellent penalty taker as well but usually weighs in with a goal or two a season from a toe poke in the area as well.

It came as a surprise to all when he upped and fecked off to Stevenage. He had become one of those players who you kind of assume will stay for ever, and it was rumoured that Coley had fallen out with him over the move. Apparently not though.

He'll give you everything he's got - he's an honest player who will put the graft in and doesn't give away silly fouls. Neither does he rack up disciplinary points for needless stuff like yakking to the ref etc.

If you get him to sign permanently you've got a good player there. Not flash, not noticeable, but quiet efficiency.

He also likes sunbeds ...
Phil Edwards on 14:52 - Mar 10 with 1590 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Phil Edwards on 14:03 - Mar 10 by maccawozzagod

263 appearances for Accrington and the last three seasons each saw him play over 50 games. He holds the Stanley record for most consecutive games at 152, which was only stopped by the accumulation of 5 yellow cards.

Is a short arse for a centre back and Coley famously said last year that he would be a Premier League player if he three or four inches taller.

Not the fastest player around but has very good reading of the game and excellent positional sense, which gets him out of the trouble that his lack of pace might otherwise present. Having said that it sounds like he is a cart horse, but thats not true.

Excellent penalty taker as well but usually weighs in with a goal or two a season from a toe poke in the area as well.

It came as a surprise to all when he upped and fecked off to Stevenage. He had become one of those players who you kind of assume will stay for ever, and it was rumoured that Coley had fallen out with him over the move. Apparently not though.

He'll give you everything he's got - he's an honest player who will put the graft in and doesn't give away silly fouls. Neither does he rack up disciplinary points for needless stuff like yakking to the ref etc.

If you get him to sign permanently you've got a good player there. Not flash, not noticeable, but quiet efficiency.

He also likes sunbeds ...

Didn't you lot refer to him as Sunbeds on the Accy Web??

Thanks for the update.
Phil Edwards on 18:28 - Mar 10 with 1456 viewsmaccawozzagod

Phil Edwards on 14:52 - Mar 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

Didn't you lot refer to him as Sunbeds on the Accy Web??

Thanks for the update.

yeah, Sunbeds was his nickname

Phil Edwards is my hero
he's awesome at the back
He sees a striker with the ball
And says I'm having that
He wears the Red of Stanley
And I'm his biggest fan
Phil Edwards is my hero
He's got a dodgy tan
(shouted) a dodgy tan, a dodgy tan

was the song (tune of my old mans a dustman)

played at right back for the first two or three dozen games but converted to centre back out of necessity and made the place his own
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024