Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jelavic 20:29 - Mar 27 with 4777 viewshoopstar67

How many fans here said he would not be good enough for QPR or the premier league? Looks class and knows how to finish.
Jelavic on 20:30 - Mar 27 with 3717 viewsNorthernr

Me, and I stand by it.
Jelavic on 20:34 - Mar 27 with 3701 viewshoopstar67

Jelavic on 20:30 - Mar 27 by Northernr

Me, and I stand by it.

Well normally i agree with most of what you say as you talk sense most of the time,but this time i have to disagree,the goals he has scored for Everton so far have been very classy, The goal tonight was class.
Jelavic on 20:36 - Mar 27 with 3695 viewshoopstar67

Jelavic on 20:34 - Mar 27 by hoopstar67

Well normally i agree with most of what you say as you talk sense most of the time,but this time i have to disagree,the goals he has scored for Everton so far have been very classy, The goal tonight was class.

Having said that he will probably miss a sitter now!
Jelavic on 20:40 - Mar 27 with 3685 viewsandygg

If he came to QPR he would have played sh!te.
Jelavic on 20:44 - Mar 27 with 3678 viewshoopstar67

Jelavic on 20:40 - Mar 27 by andygg

Never a truer word spoken!
Jelavic on 20:49 - Mar 27 with 3661 viewsHayesender

We'd have played him on the wing

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Jelavic on 21:22 - Mar 27 with 3615 viewsEastR

after that last miss, he is the football equivalent of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Jelavic on 21:23 - Mar 27 with 3614 viewsNorthernr

Jelavic on 20:36 - Mar 27 by hoopstar67

Having said that he will probably miss a sitter now!

Well there's his sitter for you.

Playing well but is confident and in form in a team that is confident and in form. May well go on to be a good signing but I take a lot of convincing when a player is signed from the SPL. Wouldn't look half as good in our team, and won't look half as good come August when Everton are back in their usual first half of the season form.
Login to get fewer ads

Jelavic on 21:29 - Mar 27 with 3602 viewsSonofNorfolt

Jelavic on 21:23 - Mar 27 by Northernr

Well there's his sitter for you.

Playing well but is confident and in form in a team that is confident and in form. May well go on to be a good signing but I take a lot of convincing when a player is signed from the SPL. Wouldn't look half as good in our team, and won't look half as good come August when Everton are back in their usual first half of the season form.

Like Henrik Larsson.
Jelavic on 21:30 - Mar 27 with 3597 viewsTGRRRSSS

He was exceptional and I'd say SPL was still stronger at that point tbf
Jelavic on 21:50 - Mar 27 with 3581 viewsCamberleyR

Henrik Larsson was 35, knocking on 36 and already in decline when he rocked up at Man U.

The SPL hasn't been strong for donkey's years, not since the early 80s when along with the Old Firm the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee Utd were competing in European finals.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Jelavic on 21:55 - Mar 27 with 3566 viewsNorthernr

Jelavic on 21:29 - Mar 27 by SonofNorfolt

Like Henrik Larsson.

One.

Keep going. If you get beyond four (recently) you've done seriously well.

Or alternatively I could respond to each of yours with an example of a fcking awful player from south of the border who moved north and held his own (and more) in the SPL. I think we all know who will run out first.

Michael Duberry
Jody Morris
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Jelavic on 22:06 - Mar 27 with 3533 viewsWeaverQPR

Jelavic on 21:55 - Mar 27 by Northernr

One.

Or alternatively I could respond to each of yours with an example of a fcking awful player from south of the border who moved north and held his own (and more) in the SPL. I think we all know who will run out first.

Michael Duberry
Jody Morris

Rodney goal machine Wallace

@WeavQPR

Jelavic on 23:27 - Mar 27 with 3458 viewsmakaveli1882

One.

Michael Duberry
Jody Morris

Mark Viduka
Jelavic on 23:32 - Mar 27 with 3453 viewsmakaveli1882

Jelavic on 23:27 - Mar 27 by makaveli1882

Mark Viduka

Di Canio

Thats 3
Jelavic on 00:00 - Mar 28 with 3441 viewsSonofNorfolt

One.

Michael Duberry
Jody Morris

Whilst Scottish football is probably the worst it has ever been, not every player there is poor.
Charlie Adam( whom I didn't rate at Rangers), and Snodgrass at Leeds are the most recent success stories.
How did Rangers manage to get to the UEFA Cup Final in 2008?
Perhaps there are no Laudrups, De Boers or Albertz any more but there are a few who are quite decent, though not too many who are actually Scots.
I can't believe that as in the West Indies, the kids have all taken up basketball in Stratchclyde.
Jelavic on 00:32 - Mar 28 with 3429 viewsDaiHo0p

Barton was always a better buy..
Jelavic on 00:43 - Mar 28 with 3425 views100percent

Heffernan - he scores in the south, he scores in the north.
And he got a fcking hat trick against us..... still playing up there.
obviously a different kettle of fish to your larsens and jelavic's, but a good honest pro who has done it .......
Jelavic on 09:16 - Mar 28 with 3359 viewsWegerle10

Although there are exceptions and Jelavic may prove to be one, I tend to agree with Clive that in more modern times players from the SPL just can''t cut it.

The biggest example? Take the SPL's leading goalscorer who wasn't even good enough for the Championship and is now plying is trade in MLS. I give you Kris Boyd

We're the famous Queens Park Rangers, and we've got Roy Wegerle!

Jelavic on 09:19 - Mar 28 with 3356 viewsJonDoeman

Hope our players had a look at that last night, see what a TEAM can achieve when they want it.
And Jelavic looked very decent, would've been a better signing than Zamora or Cisse.

It Is What It Is !!

Jelavic on 09:27 - Mar 28 with 3345 viewsNeil_SI

The problem for Scottish based players is not necessarily that they're not good enough, they clearly have players from time to time who are decent enough, but it's about consistency and when you don't have a consistently high calibre of opponents to play each and every week, then it's harder to ask you to step into divisions where every game is a real battle.

That's where you see some of them getting found out, they may be able to produce a good performance here and there, but generally they can't sustain the level to the standard needed.

There's been some big names where I expected better, such as Barry Ferguson or even Kenny Miller.

The jury is still out for Jelavic, but he's in a purplish patch at the moment. I've seen one or two games where I've thought he's looked good, and one or two, where I've been less than impressed on a technical level. I could apply that to Robert Snodgrass as well, who at times, oddly I've been really unimpressed with, but in the past season I think he's started to come on a bit.

The thing about a lot of them is they have a certain type of game and struggle to adapt, so some of them will only fit in certain teams. I was really disappointed by Charlie Adams display against us the other night and quite surprised at some of the bashing he's been taking from Liverpool fans that I know, who don't rate him very highly. I did think he was excellent for Blackpool, but again, the style suited him there where he was the key man
Jelavic on 09:27 - Mar 28 with 3345 viewsBluce_Ree

Jelavic on 20:40 - Mar 27 by andygg

100% this.

All of our strikers looked good once.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Jelavic on 09:31 - Mar 28 with 3337 viewsJonDoeman

Jelavic on 09:27 - Mar 28 by Bluce_Ree

100% this.

All of our strikers looked good once.

And the one that does look good is a FcKing idiot.

It Is What It Is !!

Jelavic on 09:33 - Mar 28 with 3332 viewsrangerslee

If he had of signed for us he would have probably been sent off a couple of times by now.
Jelavic on 10:10 - Mar 28 with 3300 viewsNorthernr

Jelavic on 23:32 - Mar 27 by makaveli1882

Di Canio

Thats 3

You're really pushing "recently" here. All three players mentioned are retired and moved south years ago FFS! Name me players from Scotland who have moved south in the last four years and done well.

Because of what has happened since then with Setanta, and the television deal that replaced it, all but two SPL teams are now operating on gates and budgets that we get in League One and Two therefore the quality is about the same.

- St Johnstone, having a good season and currently fifth, are playing home league matches in front of 2,900 people. That's 700 less than watched Grimsby play Tamworth in the Conference last week.
- Motherwell are running at a profit miraculously, currently sitting third, but look at their accounts and you'll see their turnover is about the same as a Tesco Metro store. How can you be third in the league on that turnover and gates of 4,000 people? Their top scorer this season, incidentally, is Michael Higdon who was released on a free transfer in 2007 by Crewe.
- The second top scorer in the entire league is Jon Daly at Dundee Utd with 14 - previously scored just 32 goals in a hefty 184 appearances for the mighty Stockport, Bury, Grimsby Town and Hartlepool. So that's a player who couldn't score goals in League Two/Conference now banging them in regularly in a middling SPL team. Go figure.

It's a dreadful league. You only have to look at the crowds and the television money to suspect that it might be and then you don't need to watch it for more than a couple of weeks before it's confirmed. It's drek. Buying a player from there is now like buying one from League Two/Conference - you might find a good one, chances are you won't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024