Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke is no formality 19:58 - Apr 29 with 732 viewsYorkRanger

Some of the speculation on here about who Bolton may or may not beat overlooks one simple fact that relies on us beating Stoke and I can't be alone in thinking that will be far from easy.

The bottom line for me about today is regardless of how inept our performance was the away games that have cost us were Blackburn, Bolton, Sunderland and WBA.
Stoke is no formality on 20:08 - Apr 29 with 715 viewsted_hendrix

No Stoke won't be a formality, not a chance in hell, look out for the aerial bombardment.
Someone said to me outside the ground today that Crouchie won't want to score against either. ***cough***

We'll need our support more than ever next Sunday, us fans our players and a bit of hope, That's all we've got now.

Nothings cast in stone tonight relegation wise, we fight on. (well some of us do)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Stoke is no formality on 20:08 - Apr 29 with 713 viewswittle

dont think anyone is saying its a formality its just a game we have to win to stand any chance of staying up
Stoke is no formality on 20:12 - Apr 29 with 702 viewsYorkRanger

I agree Ted relegation is no certainty. What is worrying however that Bolton need one point from their next two games to mean that we will go to the Etihad not knowing if we will be safe (and that assumes we beat Stoke)
Stoke is no formality on 20:12 - Apr 29 with 698 viewsJamie

Very, very difficult game.

Can't set up 4-5-1 and press their midfield IMO as the ball will never be there to be pressed.

Biggest aerial bombardment since the Battle of the Bulge scheduled for Saturday. Walters needs to be treble marked for the Crouch knockdowns.
Stoke is no formality on 20:25 - Apr 29 with 661 viewsted_hendrix

Stoke is no formality on 20:12 - Apr 29 by YorkRanger

I agree Ted relegation is no certainty. What is worrying however that Bolton need one point from their next two games to mean that we will go to the Etihad not knowing if we will be safe (and that assumes we beat Stoke)

Hand on heart I honestly don't know who Boltons game in hand is against or when they actually play it.
There's nothing QPR, you, or me can do about it.
I'm just looking at our game next weekend against Stoke, I've got my City ticket in the cupboard and that's it for me.
I honestly expected much better today and was slightly embarrassed by our performance.
If we should go down then I will lay the blame entirely on the home defeats to Wolves and Norwich.
Anyway, back to Stoke, It'll be tough and nervous I think.

Stoke is no formality on 20:27 - Apr 29 with 646 viewsJamie

Stoke is no formality on 20:25 - Apr 29 by ted_hendrix

Hand on heart I honestly don't know who Boltons game in hand is against or when they actually play it.
There's nothing QPR, you, or me can do about it.
I'm just looking at our game next weekend against Stoke, I've got my City ticket in the cupboard and that's it for me.
I honestly expected much better today and was slightly embarrassed by our performance.
If we should go down then I will lay the blame entirely on the home defeats to Wolves and Norwich.
Anyway, back to Stoke, It'll be tough and nervous I think.

Bolton's game in hand is at home to Spurs on wednesday night.
Stoke is no formality on 20:30 - Apr 29 with 636 viewsted_hendrix

Stoke is no formality on 20:27 - Apr 29 by Jamie

Bolton's game in hand is at home to Spurs on wednesday night.

Ah, o.k. well Wednesday night will be fun.

Stoke is no formality on 23:00 - Apr 29 with 523 viewscanaryfan

Do I remember there being some bad blood between MH and Tony Pulis when Hughes managed Fulham? Didn't one refuse to shake hands or something?

Should be a feisty affair. I really hope you boys get the result you need. And I know everyone's guessing predictions etc, but for what it's worth 3 more points and a better goal difference may well be enough. Can't see Bolton getting anything from Spurs, and 4 points from 2 games is a big ask. Keep the faith, and hopefully I can come and listen to some anti-NCFC abuse at Loftus road again next season!
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke is no formality on 23:37 - Apr 29 with 470 viewsSydneyRs

Of course it is not a formality, but as last home games go it would be close to the top of the ideal list. A team with nothing to play for, not in great form and who have scored even less away goals this season than us (11 I think).

If we can't beat them we really do not deserve to stay up. The Bolton aspect is entirely relevant as we need them to drop points to have any chance. If Spurs could beat them it would give us a fighting chance.

That said I cannot ever recall us winning 5 home games on the spin so am tipping a draw, just like us to not win the most winnable of the last few home games. We go down with 35 points which just a few weeks ago seemed highly unlikely.

More than happy to be proved wrong though.....
Stoke is no formality on 23:40 - Apr 29 with 460 viewsNeil_SI

We have to be brave and play a certain way against them, but the fans will also have to do a big job in lifting the players and really getting behind them all the way, and I'm sure we will regardless.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024