Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin O'Neill 19:26 - May 6 with 2762 viewsBazWoT

Thank fark those clammering for him didn't get their way.

Nine winless games would have seen us down.

Great escape, again!

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Martin O'Neill on 19:29 - May 6 with 2736 viewsJamie

They were below us when he took over there and are now 8 points above us.....
Martin O'Neill on 19:30 - May 6 with 2728 viewsessextaxiboy

Yes ,, seen as the great messiah . All he has is motivation and to be fair it worked for a while . He is dire in the transfer market ... Out of a job this time next year IMO
Martin O'Neill on 19:32 - May 6 with 2704 viewsBazWoT

Martin O'Neill on 19:29 - May 6 by Jamie

They were below us when he took over there and are now 8 points above us.....

Erm....

Did you miss that?

Would you have preferred him as our manager?

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Martin O'Neill on 19:33 - May 6 with 2699 viewswittle

it only takes a few defeats to become a bad manager in some peoples eyes,he has done enough there to deserve the right to bring his own players in the summer,after that he can be judged.
Martin O'Neill on 19:47 - May 6 with 2644 viewsJamie

Martin O'Neill on 19:32 - May 6 by BazWoT

Erm....

Did you miss that?

Would you have preferred him as our manager?

9 winless games would've taken us down but the points he's earned Sunderland would've kept us up...
Martin O'Neill on 11:07 - May 7 with 2553 viewsSydneyRs

We would not have been worrying about next week if he had come here. Sunderland have the cue on the rack because they can afford to.

ATAF
Martin O'Neill on 11:11 - May 7 with 2532 viewsthame_hoops

Martin O'Neill on 11:07 - May 7 by SydneyRs

We would not have been worrying about next week if he had come here. Sunderland have the cue on the rack because they can afford to.

ATAF

^this
Martin O'Neill on 11:22 - May 7 with 2506 viewssmegma

He done the double over us.
Login to get fewer ads

Martin O'Neill on 11:38 - May 7 with 2473 viewsNeil_SI

I think he's done excellently with that team, considering the position and form he found them in when he arrived. He needs to re-shape it a little bit, but certainly as a motivator he knows how to inspire players and help them raise their level.

They're a bit like us in some ways as well, that losing key players is always going to cause them problems. He lost two important players to red cards against Newcastle and that would have had an impact on them over a number of matches.

They lack strength in depth and because of the way Steve Bruce bolted the squad together they're always going to have some problems gelling and finding their identity, but O'Neill is slowly doing that with them and they're long safe, so he's had a while to just tinker and play about and that's a luxury we would have loved to have had for sure.
Martin O'Neill on 11:40 - May 7 with 2467 viewsgigiisourgod

Martin O'Neill on 11:38 - May 7 by Neil_SI

I think he's done excellently with that team, considering the position and form he found them in when he arrived. He needs to re-shape it a little bit, but certainly as a motivator he knows how to inspire players and help them raise their level.

They're a bit like us in some ways as well, that losing key players is always going to cause them problems. He lost two important players to red cards against Newcastle and that would have had an impact on them over a number of matches.

They lack strength in depth and because of the way Steve Bruce bolted the squad together they're always going to have some problems gelling and finding their identity, but O'Neill is slowly doing that with them and they're long safe, so he's had a while to just tinker and play about and that's a luxury we would have loved to have had for sure.

MON overachieves everywhere he goes!
Martin O'Neill on 11:43 - May 7 with 2452 viewsNeil_SI

Martin O'Neill on 11:40 - May 7 by gigiisourgod

MON overachieves everywhere he goes!

I don't believe in overachieving. :)
Martin O'Neill on 11:56 - May 7 with 2408 viewsTGRRRSSS

I do insomuch as he has done far better relatively than you might reasonably expect given the circumstances. Leicester have gone nowhere since he left the club (apart from moving stadiums that is :0)
Martin O'Neill on 12:09 - May 7 with 2372 viewsgigiisourgod

Martin O'Neill on 11:56 - May 7 by TGRRRSSS

I do insomuch as he has done far better relatively than you might reasonably expect given the circumstances. Leicester have gone nowhere since he left the club (apart from moving stadiums that is :0)

Villa another prime example. Seems completely justified now as well to jump off that sinking ship.
Martin O'Neill on 12:14 - May 7 with 2355 viewsNorthernr

baz I'm not sure I see your point here. Sunderland were behind us in the table when he took over and yet they were safe months ago. Had he taken over here we'd be even higher than them because we had more points on the board when he started. strange thread
Martin O'Neill on 12:43 - May 7 with 2312 viewsCamberleyR

Is it just me that seems to think that most teams he manages just seem to end the season with a whimper after looking good earlier in the season.

2008-09 a classic case in point. 2/3 of the season gone Villa looking good to finally crack that CL closed shop only to win 2 of their last 13 games and finish 6th.

Sunderland have been the same since he took over. CL form in their first 10-12 games, relegation form in their last 9. After the start they had with him they should have been pushing for the top 6. I'll agree that Leicester have done precisely fck all since he left though.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024