Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddesrfield Up.. 17:54 - May 26 with 1321 viewsdale1968

Ended up 10-9 on pens I think..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Huddesrfield Up.. on 17:57 - May 26 with 1315 views442Dale

Eyre celebrating afterwards.

Ruined another evening.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Huddesrfield Up.. on 17:58 - May 26 with 1312 viewsDalenet

8-7 actually but both sides took 11 pens each. After the keepers had had their turn who would have been next? The subs or would they just go around again?
Huddesrfield Up.. on 18:11 - May 26 with 1276 viewsBanned4ever

what a awful way to lose out

and sheff u finished 9 points above hudds in the league
Huddesrfield Up.. on 18:25 - May 26 with 1256 viewsTVOS1907

Huddesrfield Up.. on 17:58 - May 26 by Dalenet

8-7 actually but both sides took 11 pens each. After the keepers had had their turn who would have been next? The subs or would they just go around again?

I believe Sean Bean and Patrick Stewart would have had a turn - then they would go round again.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Huddesrfield Up.. on 18:25 - May 26 with 1255 viewsTVOS1907

Huddesrfield Up.. on 17:57 - May 26 by 442Dale

Ruined another evening.

Lovecity will be on later.

Huddesrfield Up.. on 18:29 - May 26 with 1249 viewsSuddenLad

Huddesrfield Up.. on 18:25 - May 26 by TVOS1907

Lovecity will be on later.

........but not until he gets home from Wembley.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Huddesrfield Up.. on 18:35 - May 26 with 1237 views442Dale

GMR covered the game?

Huddesrfield Up.. on 18:53 - May 26 with 1211 viewsD_Dale

Huddesrfield Up.. on 18:11 - May 26 by Banned4ever

Yeah, though I think Luton got 15 more points than York City, and most Daleys didn't want the Hatters in L2.

There's not a Blades supporter who won't believe that they'd have gone up automatically had they not lost the services of Chedwyn Evans.

And who'd have thought nine months ago that Steve Eyre's club would be in the Championship next season?

Peculiar old game, is it not.
Login to get fewer ads

Huddesrfield Up.. on 19:30 - May 26 with 1169 viewsolympicdale

2012 seems to be the year for the so called tryers, City winning first title in 40 odd years, Chelsea first ever CL, Huddersfield going up after years of trying, got a feeling the Euros could go this way, maybe Holland/Germany to win, or another Greece.

Life is a game of fate.

Huddesrfield Up.. on 19:43 - May 26 with 1162 viewsBartRowou

Huddesrfield Up.. on 19:30 - May 26 by olympicdale

2012 seems to be the year for the so called tryers, City winning first title in 40 odd years, Chelsea first ever CL, Huddersfield going up after years of trying, got a feeling the Euros could go this way, maybe Holland/Germany to win, or another Greece.

Eyreo's had a great twelve months. Had a go at footy manager, compensation in the HTh column, a new job, a win at Wembley and almost a clean sweep at the Race Night. What a year!

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Huddesrfield Up.. on 19:49 - May 26 with 1149 views442Dale

Huddesrfield Up.. on 19:43 - May 26 by BartRowou

Eyreo's had a great twelve months. Had a go at footy manager, compensation in the HTh column, a new job, a win at Wembley and almost a clean sweep at the Race Night. What a year!

And City won the league.

Huddesrfield Up.. on 22:55 - May 26 with 1058 viewsSalwaDale

Huddesrfield Up.. on 17:57 - May 26 by 442Dale

Ruined another evening.

Family keep laughing at me for shouting "get off my telly you big nosed idiot" when I saw him behind Alex Smithies. Couldn't watch anymore after that.

TBBT

Huddesrfield Up.. on 23:53 - May 26 with 1030 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sheff United lost promotion as soon as Ched and his demon d*ck were exposed...simples
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Huddesrfield Up.. on 10:26 - May 27 with 926 viewssoulboy

Huddesrfield Up.. on 19:43 - May 26 by BartRowou

And he had a stint as an pundit on GMR. Theres no end to his talents!
Huddesrfield Up.. on 12:28 - May 27 with 871 viewssoulboy

Huddesrfield Up.. on 18:11 - May 26 by Banned4ever

I agree, ive never been a fan of the play-offs, even if we had beaten Stockport. If youre good enough to finish 3rd after 46 games, then you should be good enough to go up. Sheff U lost out on promotion thanks to one kick even though they were the better side over the season. Howecer,it wasnt quite as farcial as 1986/87 when Wolves lost out to Aldershot 3 0 in a two legged final despite finishing 27 points above them!
Huddesrfield Up.. on 12:46 - May 27 with 857 viewssluggy

Without the playoffs most clubs would have nothing to play for by March as was the case years ago, this way the majority have something to fight for towards the end. I've always thought a better way to do it would be that the highest placed team automatically qualify for the final. 3rd and 4th play a one off game at the home of the 3rd placed team and the winner plays the 2nd placed team away in the semi. So 1st place in the final, 2nd place at home in the semi, 3rd place at home v 4th place. This way your finishing league position does give you an advantage.

Looking forward to the day Vinnie dies...

Huddesrfield Up.. on 15:11 - May 27 with 806 views442Dale

Huddesrfield Up.. on 12:28 - May 27 by soulboy

I agree, ive never been a fan of the play-offs, even if we had beaten Stockport. If youre good enough to finish 3rd after 46 games, then you should be good enough to go up. Sheff U lost out on promotion thanks to one kick even though they were the better side over the season. Howecer,it wasnt quite as farcial as 1986/87 when Wolves lost out to Aldershot 3 0 in a two legged final despite finishing 27 points above them!

It was nine points! Without the playoffs we'd probably have seen a few more clubs in financial trouble. Dale's attendances would rarely have been over 2500 for a start.

Huddesrfield Up.. on 17:02 - May 27 with 775 viewssoulboy

Huddesrfield Up.. on 15:11 - May 27 by 442Dale

It was nine points! Without the playoffs we'd probably have seen a few more clubs in financial trouble. Dale's attendances would rarely have been over 2500 for a start.

Ooops! Just wondered who'd be the 1st one to spot that!
Huddesrfield Up.. on 17:07 - May 27 with 765 viewsSuddenLad

Huddesrfield Up.. on 17:02 - May 27 by soulboy

Ooops! Just wondered who'd be the 1st one to spot that!

Very Mainwaring-esque comment there, if I may say so...

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Huddesrfield Up.. on 00:06 - May 28 with 672 viewsTVOS1907

Huddesrfield Up.. on 12:28 - May 27 by soulboy

But you know the rules at the start of the season.

If you finish third, you haven't been good enough to get promotion, regardless of how many points you are clear of those below you.

The play-offs have been one of the best innovations in the last 30 years and I see no reason to change them.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024