Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Shows 16:28 - May 28 with 3241 viewsIrishR

Just wondering have any of you been to a West End show recently that you highly recommend. Ill be in London for the week end and wanted to take a lady friend who is over from Brazil. War horse seems to be No 1 but is booked out. Would you recommend pre booking online or buying there on the day(for the other shows with tickets available) would there be a price difference basically for shows not sold out? She is a football lover so I will take her for a stadium tour too, anything else you would recommend?
London Shows on 16:35 - May 28 with 3225 viewsPinnerPaul

The Sunshine Boys is getting great reviews - Danny Devito's first appearance in the West End and he is excellent according to the critics.
London Shows on 16:41 - May 28 with 3211 viewsLowerloftLad

I have seen wiked and that show is very good

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

London Shows on 16:43 - May 28 with 3208 viewsLowerloftLad

I have seen wiked and that show is very good

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

London Shows on 16:43 - May 28 with 3208 viewsLuglessDouglas

Can thoroughly recommend 'One Man, Two Guvnors' if you're looking for a good comedy. Hadn't laughed so much since the days of Karl Ready!
London Shows on 16:45 - May 28 with 3199 viewsDWQPR

London Shows on 16:43 - May 28 by LuglessDouglas

Can thoroughly recommend 'One Man, Two Guvnors' if you're looking for a good comedy. Hadn't laughed so much since the days of Karl Ready!

Although I saw it 23 years ago, the memories of what an absolutely brilliant show it is remains. Phantom of the Opera. See it before you die. Failiing that Whitehall Theatre, if they have one of the legendary farces on then it is a great evening. Also suggest looking on Last Minute to see if you can get some decent dinner/theatre deals.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

London Shows on 16:54 - May 28 with 3180 viewsRedbourneR

The best show I've seen this year is 'Sweeney Todd' at the Adelphi Theatre and I don't even like Stephen Sondheim that much. It was brilliant, laugh-out-loud funny, horrible, just a great night out. Other friends of mine, including one who doesn't like going to the theatre that much, loved it.
London Shows on 16:55 - May 28 with 3179 viewsTheBlob

Well if you can't find a show about a talking vagina,one of these would do.....

http://www.visitlondon.com/events/theatre/top-ten-musicals

Poll: So how was the season for you?

London Shows on 16:59 - May 28 with 3173 viewsA40Bosh

I went to the National Threatre Lyttleton Theatre with herself on Friday night to see Cillian Murphy in Enda Walsh's Misterman. Dark but with plenty of laugh out loud moments, we agreed afterwards that you could not say you "enjoyed" the play, but it was very powerful and moving and well worth seeing.

Only problem is that is closes tonight I think, so no use to you for this weekend, but I thought I would report it nevertheless.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Login to get fewer ads

London Shows on 17:02 - May 28 with 3169 viewsgjc104

London Shows on 16:59 - May 28 by A40Bosh

I went to the National Threatre Lyttleton Theatre with herself on Friday night to see Cillian Murphy in Enda Walsh's Misterman. Dark but with plenty of laugh out loud moments, we agreed afterwards that you could not say you "enjoyed" the play, but it was very powerful and moving and well worth seeing.

Only problem is that is closes tonight I think, so no use to you for this weekend, but I thought I would report it nevertheless.

Bif fan of Les Miserables and have seen it 4 times.
My teenage daughter pulled her teenage face at the thought of going and then sat mesmirised for the next 2 hours!

War Horse was OK, didnt go overboard on it when I saw it.
London Shows on 17:36 - May 28 with 3134 viewswestberksr

do not be tempted to see 'All New People' even if they are the last tickets on earth and come with free sexual gratification!

wife 'kindly' bought tickets as the lead & writer is Zach Braff, whom I liked in Scrubs.
we sat there in silence for 2 hours as four people on stage confused shouting at each other with acting; when we left we did laugh a lot; at the ridiculous evening we'd just spent.

avoid at all costs
London Shows on 17:41 - May 28 with 3123 viewsCharlie1

Lol

Normally lots of sites selling various tickets? Try different ticketing agencies.

Took my missus to see Thriller live and Stomp. Both musicals different but actually, enjoyed them !

2:59 baby!

London Shows on 18:01 - May 28 with 3116 viewsHantsR

Warhorse, One Man Two Guvnors and Jersey Boys were all great entertainment in their different ways.

I note there are some highly-rated revivals of some that I saw some time ago and enjoyed: Noises Off ( excellent farce) Woman in Black (chilling ghost story) and Blood Brothers ( I've got a scouser mate who has seen this dozens of times and weeps every time).

I've seen all the above and would recommend them but it kind of depends on what your lady friend might like and what mood you might like her to be in...?
London Shows on 19:57 - May 28 with 3063 viewsloftus_upper

Have recently seen The Sunshine Boys and One Man two Guvnors. Sunshine boys is a little slow and old fashioned, loved One Man two Guv's - belly laugh out loud.
If you are after a musical Jersey boys, or Chicago (ladies in Bra's)

This is a good link for cheap tks.
http://giltsummer.seetickets.com/
London Shows on 21:11 - May 28 with 3015 viewsandygg

I saw Le miserables a few years ago, it was an excellent show.
The popular shows tend to be booked up, so you need to book early if poss.
London Shows on 22:26 - May 28 with 2982 viewsIrishR

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated. Id like to see blood brothers, west side story or two men one guv but im thinking she may be looking for something like phantom of the opera, les miserables or lion king. Thanks again. On a side note and being interested in war the Churchill war rooms get very good reviews so I think ill make a trip there aswell. If your thinking about going soon maybe I can return the favour with a review myself next week.
London Shows on 22:28 - May 28 with 2981 viewsWarfieldHoop

Les Miserables. Probably the best stage production of anything that you will ever see.

(But read the book as well!)
London Shows on 22:37 - May 28 with 2970 viewsLblock

London Shows on 22:26 - May 28 by IrishR

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated. Id like to see blood brothers, west side story or two men one guv but im thinking she may be looking for something like phantom of the opera, les miserables or lion king. Thanks again. On a side note and being interested in war the Churchill war rooms get very good reviews so I think ill make a trip there aswell. If your thinking about going soon maybe I can return the favour with a review myself next week.

Churchill War Rooms - I went down the bunker at RAF Uxbridge the other week.
Fantastic
You could taste the atmosphere

Must try the war rooms so let us know what it's like if you go
(not really date material I would've thought though)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

London Shows on 22:44 - May 28 with 2963 viewsGloryHunter

I thought Warhorse was rubbish - great puppetry but crap story and dull acting. Best things I've seen recently were Jersey Boys and Avenue Q.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024