Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone for Tennis. 22:31 - Jul 6 with 3143 viewsroccydaleian

Does anyone else like me, hope that, that miserable, sulking git, gets hammered by Federer on Sunday? Or do you want the Jock to win?

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Anyone for Tennis. on 23:09 - Jul 6 with 2114 viewsolympicdale

think we need to start a petition.

Life is a game of fate.

Anyone for Tennis. on 23:19 - Jul 6 with 2089 viewsrochedale

Well Roccy. I was going to post similar. I was watching the match with a pal who was rooting for Stonga. I was like 'cmon, give the lad a chance'. He said, 'nah, cant you remember when he wore that Paraguay shirt?'

Even so, I was still rooting for our favourite Jock tennis player.....

... until he won! What a miserable tvvat he is!

If it were me that won, I would have lourded it up round the court for a good hour. If only to give the crowd a smile. What did Murray do? Walk off and give the worst interview known to mankind.

The worst thing is this.... he will probably win 'Sports Personality Of The Year'!!!!

C'mon Andy, you're in showbiz, fookin act like it, these peeps pay good money to watch you, the least you can do is acknowledge them!!!!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Anyone for Tennis. on 00:17 - Jul 7 with 2056 viewsChaffRAFC

Can't be doing with tennis really but do like the fact that Britain is very very shlt at it. Andy Murray is a horrible little tvvat who only seems to be British for two weeks of the year and Scottish for the other 50.

I sincerely hope he gets hammered on Sunday.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Anyone for Tennis. on 00:22 - Jul 7 with 2044 viewssweetcorn

Anyone for Tennis. on 23:19 - Jul 6 by rochedale

Well Roccy. I was going to post similar. I was watching the match with a pal who was rooting for Stonga. I was like 'cmon, give the lad a chance'. He said, 'nah, cant you remember when he wore that Paraguay shirt?'

Even so, I was still rooting for our favourite Jock tennis player.....

... until he won! What a miserable tvvat he is!

If it were me that won, I would have lourded it up round the court for a good hour. If only to give the crowd a smile. What did Murray do? Walk off and give the worst interview known to mankind.

The worst thing is this.... he will probably win 'Sports Personality Of The Year'!!!!

C'mon Andy, you're in showbiz, fookin act like it, these peeps pay good money to watch you, the least you can do is acknowledge them!!!!

To be fair, hes got to the final, he still has a match to play, his aim at the start will have been to win wimbledon, so the job isnt done, why not take the professional approach. he can celebrate with the crowd when he wins it sunday.

I shall be watching sunday and supporting murray.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Anyone for Tennis. on 00:51 - Jul 7 with 2026 viewsrochedale

Anyone for Tennis. on 00:22 - Jul 7 by sweetcorn

To be fair, hes got to the final, he still has a match to play, his aim at the start will have been to win wimbledon, so the job isnt done, why not take the professional approach. he can celebrate with the crowd when he wins it sunday.

You completely missed my point.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Anyone for Tennis. on 07:15 - Jul 7 with 1994 viewsTalkingSutty

Well said Roccy !!
Anyone for Tennis. on 09:50 - Jul 7 with 1945 viewsDaley_Lama

Anyone for Tennis. on 00:22 - Jul 7 by sweetcorn

The 'crowd' is not an entity, it is individualcollected at a specific time/place.

Celebrating with the crowd on Sunday would mean nothing to the thousands who queued from Thursday to cheer on the miserable so and so.

Getting a ticket for mens final day with a brit there has to be one of the toughest gis around, i very much doubt those there on Friday will make it on Sunday, apart fron Cliff of course.

I'd have been well peed had i hollered and cheered for the miserable sod yesterday at the end.

He played very well though, very well indeed.

Poll: DF in or out

Anyone for Tennis. on 10:00 - Jul 7 with 1934 viewsSandyman

Anyone for Tennis? No. No interest in it whatsoever. Neither have most people when they aren't being force-fed it for a fortnight each year.

I understand the right thing to say is 'Come On Tim' . Or summat.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone for Tennis. on 10:28 - Jul 7 with 1911 viewsRalphs12

Hope he wins personally. Was nice to see how much it meant to him to get to the final.

I don't care what hes like as a person, hes a good tennis player. That's all that really matters.
Anyone for Tennis. on 10:30 - Jul 7 with 1911 viewsmizfit

federer hardly celebrated either
at the end of the day murray will see himself as having a great chance of winning it, why celebrate just reaching a final? hes maintained the sensible approach and not got carried away when theres still work to do
would be good to see the country get behind one of our athletes for a change rather than bash them like we do with everyone else
Anyone for Tennis. on 10:47 - Jul 7 with 1900 viewsmaybee

There is no doubt that Andy Murray is a fine athlete...probably much fitter than the vast majority of footballers.

However; he has a horrible personality, much of it a direct result of his equally nasty mother, who drilled into him the need to never congratulate anyone during a match. This manifests itself in two ways... the horrible behaviour/face-pulling whenever he loses a point, and worse...the "Drogba-esque" habit he has developed of developing injuries when he goes behind. Off the court, I believe that Murray is not so bad as he is portrayed...the Paraguay shirt was taken completely out of context, and was aimed at an interviewer who had been winding him up.

I've never played Andy Murray, but I have played his brother Jamie, who is a very decent chap. Admittedly, I played him when he was about 15, but he still managed a smile despite losing to me in a doubles match.

As for tomorrow, please do not forget that Roger Federer, despite being regarded as a true "gent" used to be far worse than Murray as a junior, but suddenly realised that he would be a far better player if he kept all his emotions in check whilst playing...something that Murray would do well to heed.

So who do I want to win?

Really not sure. I'd like Federer to get the all time record weeks at number one (which he will do if he wins tomorrow) but I would also like to see the boost that a home win will give to the game in Britain. Therefore, I'd probably choose Murray if pushed.
Anyone for Tennis. on 10:58 - Jul 7 with 1881 viewsTVOS1907

Apparently, Murray loves Kiss.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Anyone for Tennis. on 11:00 - Jul 7 with 1887 viewsSuddenLad

I hope Murray wins. Why ?

(1) He's British (2) he has earned the opportunity to win by reaching the final

So he prefers Scotland to England. It is his country of birth after all. Good on him for supporting his own nation.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Anyone for Tennis. on 11:29 - Jul 7 with 1868 viewsD_Alien

Can see both points of view.

The thing that annoys me about Murray is the capacity he has for going off his game half way through a match, almost as if he can't maintain the level of performance that most top class professionals manage to do, for long enough.

He did exactly the same yesterday, and could easily have blown a commanding lead.

Having said that, I hope he wins tomorrow. At least then we won't have to suffer the interminable "male Brits can't win Wimbledon" discussion every year!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Anyone for Tennis. on 11:45 - Jul 7 with 1851 viewsjudd

Not arsed about his personality, nationality or sombre response to getting to the final.
I would like him to win on merit if he plays well enough, and certainly as the underdog.
He has a better record against Federer, although not in Grand Slam events.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Anyone for Tennis. on 13:51 - Jul 7 with 1789 viewsDale_Pea

I certainly won't be supporting him, in the same way that I wouldn't support Scotland in the football.

British means very little to me.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Anyone for Tennis. on 14:35 - Jul 7 with 1765 viewsSuddenLad

Anyone for Tennis. on 13:51 - Jul 7 by Dale_Pea

I certainly won't be supporting him, in the same way that I wouldn't support Scotland in the football.

British means very little to me.

British winner rather than someone from Switzerland. Surely ?

Anyone for Tennis. on 18:42 - Jul 7 with 1712 viewsDale_Pea

Anyone for Tennis. on 14:35 - Jul 7 by SuddenLad

British winner rather than someone from Switzerland. Surely ?

I don't dislike the Swiss, but I do dislike the Scottish. Seems fairly obvious to me who I should support!

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Anyone for Tennis. on 18:56 - Jul 7 with 1699 viewsphomem

Despite the fact hes a moaning characterless drab boring git I'm cheering for muzza
Anyone for Tennis. on 19:07 - Jul 7 with 1697 viewsSuddenLad

Anyone for Tennis. on 18:56 - Jul 7 by phomem

Despite the fact hes a moaning characterless drab boring git I'm cheering for muzza

I can almost hear the comments already if he triumphs tomorrow and becomes BBC Sports 'Personality' of the Year, which he surely will in the event of him winning.

Oh! the irony.

Anyone for Tennis. on 21:27 - Jul 7 with 1629 viewsolympicdale

fantastic moment in the mens double final, true fairytale, a wildcard, unbelievable.

Life is a game of fate.

Anyone for Tennis. on 21:32 - Jul 7 with 1620 viewsSalwaDale

Anyone for Tennis. on 21:27 - Jul 7 by olympicdale

fantastic moment in the mens double final, true fairytale, a wildcard, unbelievable.

Absolutely, fantastic stuff.

TBBT

Anyone for Tennis. on 21:42 - Jul 7 with 1605 viewsphomem

At least there's been a British winner this year. I'll be cheering Murray on but it's going to be Federer in three tomorrow
Anyone for Tennis. on 21:42 - Jul 7 with 1605 viewsTalkingSutty

Anyone for Tennis. on 19:07 - Jul 7 by SuddenLad

I can almost hear the comments already if he triumphs tomorrow and becomes BBC Sports 'Personality' of the Year, which he surely will in the event of him winning.

Oh! the irony.

The "Personality" of a tree sloath.
Anyone for Tennis. on 21:46 - Jul 7 with 1600 viewsphomem

Anyone for Tennis. on 19:07 - Jul 7 by SuddenLad

Oh! the irony.

In Olympic year I reckon he'll be outdone by a diver, cyclist or drugs cheat
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024