Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughes is not the right man 12:29 - Aug 21 with 5372 viewsRobbyQPR

hes lost it imo. he will be gone soon i think.
Hughes is not the right man on 12:31 - Aug 21 with 4206 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

You have to be an idiot to come up with a kneejerk reaction like that.
Hughes is not the right man on 12:34 - Aug 21 with 4175 viewsadhoc_qpr

He got it wrong on Saturday, but most here seemed to braodly agree with his starting line up pre-game.

His substitutions were wrong, but by that point i'm not sure any manager could have turned things around as 11 players had lost their heads.

Hughes himself said the squad balance wasn't right, but we can't really judge him on that until the transfer window is over.
Hughes is not the right man on 12:35 - Aug 21 with 4159 viewsBazWoT

Nobody is the right man.

Unless he's Venables.

Who is too old now sadly.

Stick by Hughes and his team, it'll click.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Hughes is not the right man on 12:38 - Aug 21 with 4133 viewsJamie

Personally not a particular fan of Hughes, but no way will he be 'gone soon'.
Hughes is not the right man on 12:40 - Aug 21 with 4115 viewsthame_hoops

Hughes deserves a great amount of respect for keeping us up last year, especially with the run in of the last 10 games.
Hughes is not the right man on 12:42 - Aug 21 with 4091 viewsimustbemad

The whole setup is geared around MH. Mike Rigg, Coaches, Scouts, future plans for training centre etc...

To consider removing MH at this point would require a monumental turnaround. Not going to happen. It would take him losing the dressing room/bust up with TF/AB/Relegation threatended. Not going to happen.

This is a nonsense thread
Hughes is not the right man on 12:43 - Aug 21 with 4087 viewsDANRANGER

Yeah good one. One game, let's sack him. Out of interest though who do you seriously propose as a replacement.

Wait a minute are you on a wind up?
Hughes is not the right man on 12:43 - Aug 21 with 4081 viewsQPunkR

I wasn't a fan in him being appointed in the first place whatsoever, and despite the victories at the end of last season I'm still not completely convinced by him.

But to say that he should be kicked out now is completely OTT and jumping the gun

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Hughes is not the right man on 12:43 - Aug 21 with 4079 viewsadhoc_qpr

If we were winless and still bottom 3 following the Arsenal game, i think Tony would get twitchy - but i still think it's more likely that Saturday was a blip and we in fact aren't going to get beaten 5, 6, 7, 8 nil every week having strengthened the team from last season...
Hughes is not the right man on 12:48 - Aug 21 with 4033 viewsJonDoeman

Mark Hughes closer to destroying his myth at QPR: http://thepremierleagueowl.com/mark-hughes-closer-to-destroying-his-myth-at-qpr/

It Is What It Is !!

Hughes is not the right man on 12:50 - Aug 21 with 4018 viewsjamois

The suggestion is borderline moronic. I am surprised we haven't addressed the defence sooner, everyone is, and I'm surprised we haven't sorted out a proper leader - as per the Captaincy thread - but I am certain everything will fall into place eventually to ensure we finish higher than 17th!

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Hughes is not the right man on 12:54 - Aug 21 with 3993 viewsbosh67

Like some others on here, I'm not Hughes biggest fan but I can't complain about any of the signings he's brought in (although Green needs to get his brain in gear). He got his tactics wrong Saturday and we do need a commanding CB and a commanding big hold up striker (when Zamora is out) to assist Cisse. We definitely need two up front and someone with strength as well.

The personnel are probably as near right as we can get at the moment, they just need to know what their jobs are, like Swansea did, and stick to it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hughes is not the right man on 13:00 - Aug 21 with 3956 viewsSomersetHoops

I think Hughes was and is the right man, but he has a lot to learn about putting out a team that can win games. I would have more hope for him if he accepted that a great deal of the problems against Swansea were due to poor tactics and poor team selection and set-up. I would also be more confident in his ability if he responded to what is happening in front of him by making changes in good time to make a difference.

Like its no good playing one striker up front if he never gets the ball. Cissé is a really good striker, but if we are relying on Mackie to get accurate passes to him he has no chance and is a position wasted. I don't remember Cissé getting one pass that he could do anything with all game so what was the point of him being there?

Once the opposition can get through our midfield because their tackling is ineffective its time to make a change and put someone on who can effectively tackle. Its no good having players who can only pass accurately when faced with vastly inferior opposition. They need to be coached to be able to look up and pass accurately when the pressure is on. It was clear in our last two pre-season games that our defence was weak, but we started this game with an even weaker defence and nothing was done to change it.

These are all issues you would expect a good manager to deal with in a better way than they were and Hughes needs to accept that he has had a very bad day at the office.

Having said all that I think he is a man that thinks deeply about these things and will have learnt something and will deal with it and I hope this is what he meant by saying the good thing is that the problems are identified at the start of the season.

I don't think we will benefit by changing managers practically every month like we did under Briatore. We now have a team recruited by Hughes and its up to him to work them into an effective unit, but he can't lay the blame on players who didn't follow tactics that were not working and falling into indisciplined actions that made it worse. It was up to him to change things and make it work and against Swansea he failed to do that. I would be more confident in his eventual success if he would accept his part in that failure.

Who's Next?

Hughes is not the right man on 13:15 - Aug 21 with 3887 viewshopphoops

Laudrup in!

Laudrup out!

Jol in!

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Hughes is not the right man on 13:15 - Aug 21 with 3881 viewsNorthernr

Robby the Seagull poster returns: flaps in once after each game, shts on the message board, flaps back out again without responding to anybody. See you next week.
Hughes is not the right man on 13:16 - Aug 21 with 3874 viewsCharlie1

Hughes is not the right man on 12:35 - Aug 21 by BazWoT

Nobody is the right man.

Unless he's Venables.

Who is too old now sadly.

Stick by Hughes and his team, it'll click.

Warning!

Common sense post!

Well said Bazzo

2:59 baby!

Hughes is not the right man on 13:18 - Aug 21 with 3860 viewskingo

Hughes is not the right man on 13:15 - Aug 21 by Northernr

Robby the Seagull poster returns: flaps in once after each game, shts on the message board, flaps back out again without responding to anybody. See you next week.

I was just about to post something very similar

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Hughes is not the right man on 13:22 - Aug 21 with 3830 viewswaveydave

Hughes is not the right man on 12:42 - Aug 21 by imustbemad

The whole setup is geared around MH. Mike Rigg, Coaches, Scouts, future plans for training centre etc...

To consider removing MH at this point would require a monumental turnaround. Not going to happen. It would take him losing the dressing room/bust up with TF/AB/Relegation threatended. Not going to happen.

This is a nonsense thread

this^

Hughes is not the only man you would have to sack as he has quite a large team. Silly thinking after one game and will not happen
Hughes is not the right man on 13:28 - Aug 21 with 3813 viewswestberksr

these are some stats on Hughes overall as a manager and come from a professional gambler who has no interest in sports other than monetary.

he tipped us for a top half finish based on a bit of momentum after last years survival, TF's cash & these stats>

Mark Hughes has a pretty decent record as a Premier League manager. When he has been in charge of a club for the full season he has never failed to finish in the top half of the table

· 2005/06 — Blackburn Rovers — 6th (63pts)

· 2006/07 — Blackburn Rovers — 10th (52pts)

· 2007/08 — Blackburn Rovers — 7th (58pts)

· 2008/09 — Manchester City — 10th (50pts)

· 2010/11 — Fulham — 8th (49pts)

That’s not too bad a performance I don’t think, especially seeing as he wouldn’t have had a top half budget at either Blackburn or Fulham.

His time at Man City will be deemed a failure but that would be a little harsh I think. He only had the Abu Dhabi funds halfway through the 08/09 season and in the 09/10 season when he was sacked halfway through the season he averaged pretty much around the same points per game as Mancini did for the next 18 months. It wasn’t until 2011/12 when Mancini and City started to get it right. There’s nothing to say Hughes wouldn’t or couldn’t have done the same job if he had been given those extra 18 months.

Hughes has averaged 1.40 points per game over his 258 game Premier League managerial career. That is boosted a bit by his 09/10 record at Man City but also dragged down by taking over clubs in the relegation zone part way through the season at Blackburn and QPR so is a pretty fair number.

If he can replicate that 1.40 points per game this season that would equate to 53 points for QPR which would be a comfortable top half finish.

there's nothing definate there but the fact remains that Hughes has a fair bit of experience in the prem and won't want to get egg on his face. I doubt there are many managers with as big an ego and this is now seen as his 'project' too.
Hughes is not the right man on 14:57 - Aug 21 with 3709 viewspomanjou

'hes lost it imo. he will be gone soon i think'

I knew it would'nt be long, but 48 hours after the first loss takes some believing.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Hughes is not the right man on 15:31 - Aug 21 with 3620 viewsQPRski

The change in attitudes is aboslutely amazing and mind boggling.

Euphoria pre last saturday with posts on top 4 finishes to doom and gloom with MH out after one (very) poor result.

I give credit to Clive on his predictions on when the first MH post would be. I am sure he did not expect it after one match. I wonder if he won any money?

I am sure MH has one tough boss who is giving him enough pressure with out panic from the "fans". I propose a deep breath, control the emotions and "support".
Hughes is not the right man on 15:49 - Aug 21 with 3572 viewsBluce_Ree

Hughes kept us up against impossible odds.

Cisse, Diakate, Taiwo.... class signings last season. Made the difference.

The guy gets respect actively due.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Hughes is not the right man on 16:12 - Aug 21 with 3509 viewsNorthernr

Hughes is not the right man on 15:31 - Aug 21 by QPRski

The change in attitudes is aboslutely amazing and mind boggling.

Euphoria pre last saturday with posts on top 4 finishes to doom and gloom with MH out after one (very) poor result.

I give credit to Clive on his predictions on when the first MH post would be. I am sure he did not expect it after one match. I wonder if he won any money?

I am sure MH has one tough boss who is giving him enough pressure with out panic from the "fans". I propose a deep breath, control the emotions and "support".

This one isn't a serious one. It's posted by somebody who gets a kick out of coming on here after each match, posting one thread to wind everybody up, and then disappearing again for a week. Don't feed the trolls.
Hughes is not the right man on 16:18 - Aug 21 with 3475 viewshoopstilidie

Hughes is not the right man on 16:12 - Aug 21 by Northernr

This one isn't a serious one. It's posted by somebody who gets a kick out of coming on here after each match, posting one thread to wind everybody up, and then disappearing again for a week. Don't feed the trolls.

Fazakerley

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Hughes is not the right man on 16:19 - Aug 21 with 3474 viewsbarbicanranger

In relation to OP - completely knee-jerk and surely just WUMing because I cant believe anyone genuinely support that view...

And more broadly, there is a helluva lot of dissecting and hyper-analysis of saturday going on on the board - it's football, not rocket science, sh1t happens for whatever reason we fell over, in fact tonked, will it happen again this season? possibly, maybe, probably. It's not the end of the world we're still finding our feet...i'm as optimistic as I was before the game re the remainder of the season and am looking forward to it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024