Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Courtney Meppen-Walter 22:35 - Sep 3 with 9551 viewsEastlands_Dale

Aka Courtney Husbands.

On bail for boy racing and the deaths of two people in a car crash on Bury New Road. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2197522/Courtney-Meppen-Walter

Started off at Bridge FC in Bamford before going to Man City. I do not condone any of this, but everyone makes mistakes. Split second of madness changes someones life/career and ends two others. No matter how much money you have, an 18 year old should not be able to be insured on a Mercedes or any big car like that.

Such a nice genuine lad aswell. Was going very far in the footballing trade that's for sure!

All over the internet/papers etc.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 01:55 - Sep 4 with 6578 viewsDaleFan7

If it was definitely him he should be jailed and not allowed back in to football imo. Just like Lee Hughes shouldn't have been, you take someones life, accident or not, you shouldn't be allowed back in the public spotlight earning countless amounts of money doing something you love. Any other career you'd have next to no chance of walking straight back into a job.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 08:27 - Sep 4 with 6506 viewsBanned4ever

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 01:55 - Sep 4 by DaleFan7

If it was definitely him he should be jailed and not allowed back in to football imo. Just like Lee Hughes shouldn't have been, you take someones life, accident or not, you shouldn't be allowed back in the public spotlight earning countless amounts of money doing something you love. Any other career you'd have next to no chance of walking straight back into a job.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Dont, be daft after any time served he should be allowed to restart his career whether that football or not hope Mancity, stick by him.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 08:33 - Sep 4 with 6500 viewsBanned4ever

My, Niece knows him and his brother from School and says there nice lads.

Like you said a moment of madness.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 08:48 - Sep 4 with 6489 viewsmightydale

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 08:33 - Sep 4 by Banned4ever

Sure you wouldn't have same attitude if it happened to be a member of your family that died or serious ill in hospital.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 09:01 - Sep 4 with 6480 viewsSuddenLad

Shouldn't we all wait until he's been found guilty before we start passing opinions on what he should or should not be allowed to do with the rest of his life ?

IF and when he is subsequently found guilty, he will then serve whatever sentence the Court imposes.

Once he has served that sentence, he is free to follow whatever career he chooses having paid his debt. Just like the rest of us.

Simply because he is a high earner in a high profile occupation doesn't mean his sentence should be any different to that imposed on anyone else.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 09:08 - Sep 4 with 6474 viewsBanned4ever

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 09:01 - Sep 4 by SuddenLad

Shouldn't we all wait until he's been found guilty before we start passing opinions on what he should or should not be allowed to do with the rest of his life ?

IF and when he is subsequently found guilty, he will then serve whatever sentence the Court imposes.

Once he has served that sentence, he is free to follow whatever career he chooses having paid his debt. Just like the rest of us.

Simply because he is a high earner in a high profile occupation doesn't mean his sentence should be any different to that imposed on anyone else.

Completely agree well said.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 09:13 - Sep 4 with 6470 viewsBanned4ever

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 08:48 - Sep 4 by mightydale

Sure you wouldn't have same attitude if it happened to be a member of your family that died or serious ill in hospital.

Its difficult to say what my reaction will be if it was, a family member but think my reaction will be the same.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 09:15 - Sep 4 with 6468 viewsmightydale

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 09:13 - Sep 4 by Banned4ever

Its difficult to say what my reaction will be if it was, a family member but think my reaction will be the same.

Trust me it wouldn't

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Login to get fewer ads

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 09:31 - Sep 4 with 6453 viewsSuddenLad

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 09:15 - Sep 4 by mightydale

Trust me it wouldn't

Which is exactly why ALL court sentences should NOT be made based on emotions but based on the simple facts of each case.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 09:48 - Sep 4 with 6435 viewsBanned4ever

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 09:15 - Sep 4 by mightydale

Trust me it wouldn't

I, believe the Lord,giveve, and the Lord,takeve,away.

probable open myself to abuse here but that my thinking on life.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 09:58 - Sep 4 with 6423 viewsAtThePeake

I don't know Courtney personally, so it may not be right for me to pass judgement, but he did grow up quite close to me and so a few of my friends know some of his friends.

I've been told that the lad's been getting away with some wreckless driving since he passed his test earlier this year, including driving round the bus-only interchange in Bury for seemingly no reason other than to show off, and in some cases speeding twice of the limit in Heywood & Bury.

I know I can't say that this is concrete evidence that it's not just a one-off, but from what I'm hearing from a few of my mates around Heywood, it was a matter of time until this sort of thing happened.

Tangled up in blue.

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 10:12 - Sep 4 with 6413 viewsBanned4ever

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 09:58 - Sep 4 by AtThePeake

I don't know Courtney personally, so it may not be right for me to pass judgement, but he did grow up quite close to me and so a few of my friends know some of his friends.

I've been told that the lad's been getting away with some wreckless driving since he passed his test earlier this year, including driving round the bus-only interchange in Bury for seemingly no reason other than to show off, and in some cases speeding twice of the limit in Heywood & Bury.

I know I can't say that this is concrete evidence that it's not just a one-off, but from what I'm hearing from a few of my mates around Heywood, it was a matter of time until this sort of thing happened.

If he been charged with other motoring offence there is, a problem there but like you say if its only hear, say you cant go, of that
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 10:20 - Sep 4 with 6394 viewsCreepy

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 08:33 - Sep 4 by Banned4ever

Strange that because my stepson knows hims and months ago told me he was a complete nob. Each to their own though. Note that the reports say it was a low powered Mercedes. Is there such a thing!!
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 10:35 - Sep 4 with 6375 viewsKnowlesy

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 08:27 - Sep 4 by Banned4ever

Dont, be daft after any time served he should be allowed to restart his career whether that football or not hope Mancity, stick by him.

A few of my mates are teachers. If they caused death by dangerous driving they'd probably never work again.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 10:38 - Sep 4 with 6371 viewsDaley_Lama

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 08:48 - Sep 4 by mightydale

Had both of them, not relatives but friends.

Add in a third which is somebody who is forever trapped in a vegetative state for the rest of their life.

The combined time served by all 3 drivers who individually killed somebody, left somebody in a coma for 5 months and left somebody cabbaged for life is 4.5 years.

Each of them would have done life had I been sat with a wig on my head.

Poll: DF in or out

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 10:40 - Sep 4 with 6370 viewsmario

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 10:20 - Sep 4 by Creepy

Strange that because my stepson knows hims and months ago told me he was a complete nob. Each to their own though. Note that the reports say it was a low powered Mercedes. Is there such a thing!!

smart car?
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 11:07 - Sep 4 with 6342 viewsBanned4ever

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 10:38 - Sep 4 by Daley_Lama

Had both of them, not relatives but friends.

Add in a third which is somebody who is forever trapped in a vegetative state for the rest of their life.

The combined time served by all 3 drivers who individually killed somebody, left somebody in a coma for 5 months and left somebody cabbaged for life is 4.5 years.

Each of them would have done life had I been sat with a wig on my head.

The Law can be-a complete ass, at times. But were not always open to the facts,

I-remember, a couple of years ago. A footballer killed someone when he had a, car crash while changing a tape. How many drive with one hand on stirring wheel.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 14:02 - Sep 4 with 6215 viewsEastlands_Dale

Courtney is a nice lad. But i'll agree in what someone said about wreckless driving of late. Basically showing off and boosting his ego. But lets be completely honest, if you was driving a Mercedes & BMW at 18 wouldn't you? Maybe he should of been knocked down a peg or two, but this is no way of doing so, unfortunately its happened. I do not condone what's happened but i think a few comments are naive.

I don't think i clarified this clear enough. He hasn't been charged with the deaths, but he has been put on bail. If he is found guilty, then he should serve the time. & When he comes out, work at what he wants to. If he does pursuit in football, then its the FA etc who should be slated, not the lad.

I genuinelly hope he isn't found guilty. Such a nice boy and a big big future!
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 14:10 - Sep 4 with 6202 viewsTVOS1907

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 14:02 - Sep 4 by Eastlands_Dale

Courtney is a nice lad. But i'll agree in what someone said about wreckless driving of late. Basically showing off and boosting his ego. But lets be completely honest, if you was driving a Mercedes & BMW at 18 wouldn't you? Maybe he should of been knocked down a peg or two, but this is no way of doing so, unfortunately its happened. I do not condone what's happened but i think a few comments are naive.

I don't think i clarified this clear enough. He hasn't been charged with the deaths, but he has been put on bail. If he is found guilty, then he should serve the time. & When he comes out, work at what he wants to. If he does pursuit in football, then its the FA etc who should be slated, not the lad.

Wondered how long it would be before someone trotted out the "he's a nice lad" line.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 14:11 - Sep 4 with 6201 viewsAtThePeake

Well, I am only a year older than that and with a Mercedes/BMW... No, no I wouldn't be driving recklessly enough to put other peoples lives at risk.

Tangled up in blue.

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 14:18 - Sep 4 with 6193 viewsDaleFan7

A bit naive!? If someone ran over and killed your family or killed them by dangerous driving, would you go up to them and say 'Awww it's okay you're a nice lad so I don't mind really, I'll get over it. Go and earn thousands of pounds doing something you love while I sit here in pieces.' I don't think so.

As said before, if you were in a profession like a teacher or other public services and you caused death by dangerous driving you would have no chance whatsoever of walking straight back into that job.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 14:27 - Sep 4 with 6182 viewsBanned4ever

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 14:10 - Sep 4 by TVOS1907

Wondered how long it would be before someone trotted out the "he's a nice lad" line.

Like, I said my niece went to school with him and his brother and having known them she, says he was, a nice lad.

His he, a monster now for driving without due-care?
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 14:41 - Sep 4 with 6159 viewsnordenblue

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 14:27 - Sep 4 by Banned4ever

Like, I said my niece went to school with him and his brother and having known them she, says he was, a nice lad.

His he, a monster now for driving without due-care?

Slight difference in driving with undue care and 2 possibly 3 counts of death by dangerous driving sunshine, mistake or not Im afraid its unforgivable and I've made many mistakes but admit none quite on this scale!!! Nice guys don't kill people,simple.As nothing is yet concrete and nobody charged ill reserve judgement on the individual though.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 14:59 - Sep 4 with 6146 viewsEastlands_Dale

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 14:18 - Sep 4 by DaleFan7

A bit naive!? If someone ran over and killed your family or killed them by dangerous driving, would you go up to them and say 'Awww it's okay you're a nice lad so I don't mind really, I'll get over it. Go and earn thousands of pounds doing something you love while I sit here in pieces.' I don't think so.

As said before, if you were in a profession like a teacher or other public services and you caused death by dangerous driving you would have no chance whatsoever of walking straight back into that job.

And this is football, not being a teacher etc. Take that up with the FA or whoever deals with them situations. And no, TVOS I'm not trotting along the 'nice lad' line. He is a nice lad, this is someone who knows him. Like others said is he now a monster?
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 15:07 - Sep 4 with 6135 viewsTVOS1907

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 14:59 - Sep 4 by Eastlands_Dale

And this is football, not being a teacher etc. Take that up with the FA or whoever deals with them situations. And no, TVOS I'm not trotting along the 'nice lad' line. He is a nice lad, this is someone who knows him. Like others said is he now a monster?

Sorry, my bad. I was obviously confusing him with other 'nice lads' who haven't been accused of this sort of thing.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024