Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Courtney Meppen-Walter 22:35 - Sep 3 with 9585 viewsEastlands_Dale

Aka Courtney Husbands.

On bail for boy racing and the deaths of two people in a car crash on Bury New Road. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2197522/Courtney-Meppen-Walter

Started off at Bridge FC in Bamford before going to Man City. I do not condone any of this, but everyone makes mistakes. Split second of madness changes someones life/career and ends two others. No matter how much money you have, an 18 year old should not be able to be insured on a Mercedes or any big car like that.

Such a nice genuine lad aswell. Was going very far in the footballing trade that's for sure!

All over the internet/papers etc.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 19:05 - Sep 4 with 1448 viewsEastlands_Dale

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:53 - Sep 4 by Daley_Lama

Lee Hughes was never found guilty of driving under the influence firstly.

Secondly, you and others may class it as a mistake to drive wrecklessly and kill somebody, i don't. A driver in such a situation has passed a driving test, deemed fit to drive, holds a licence, knows the law and completely and willfully disregards all of this. That to me is not a mistake.

Equally, the word accident doesnt apply for me. There is nothing accidental about such incidents.

Having said all of that, he has not been found guilty to date so any assumptions as to his guilt are wrong.

Absolute bollox that, I'm sorry but it is.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 19:12 - Sep 4 with 1440 viewsVespaDale

This obviously isn't the first time he's been flying around as others have stated.

I too was run over on the pavement a few years back off an 18yr old who was showing off, years of physio etc etc & a few £££s compo still feel the injuries. (almost 15yrs on) what did the driver get?? 6 measly points!!! But he wasn't driving anything powerful, it was a fart machine Yugo, so any car can kill if driven like a pr1ck...
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 20:42 - Sep 4 with 1396 viewsDaley_Lama

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 19:05 - Sep 4 by Eastlands_Dale

We'll agree to disagree, we obviously see such actions from polemic ends of the scale.

The first and last paragraphs are facts, not opinion, if you think they are bollocks then you are wrong, its hard to distinguish from your post.

As previous on this thread, i've seen and still see the results of such accidental mistakes as you put it and openly admit my opinion is affected by this.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: DF in or out

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 20:51 - Sep 4 with 1389 viewsSuddenLad

As far as the law is concerned an accident occurs when neither the incident nor the outcome could reasonably be foreseen by people who were, at the time, acting within the law.

For example, a blow out on a tyre, an unsupervised child running suddenly into the path of a car, a sudden mechanical failure of a vehicle which then becomes uncontrollable.

I have no idea as to the circumstances of the incident involving this young footballer, but no doubt the full facts will be known in due course.

As to whether he was acting within the law at the time will be for others to decide. From what I've heard thus far, the word 'accident' seems to be inappropriate.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 21:05 - Sep 4 with 1384 viewsdrand792

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:13 - Sep 4 by BarryStrange

You're bang on the money.

There should be an engine size limit on what you can buy at a certain age.

Absolutely ! 2 tonnes of 5 star safety Mercedes hitting something like a micra at 40 plus is always gonna be a mess ! Cars like that in hands of 18 yr olds are lethal weapons !
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 21:20 - Sep 4 with 1359 viewsSuddenLad

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 21:05 - Sep 4 by drand792

Absolutely ! 2 tonnes of 5 star safety Mercedes hitting something like a micra at 40 plus is always gonna be a mess ! Cars like that in hands of 18 yr olds are lethal weapons !

Only when not handled properly. If the driver (of any age) uses the vehicle responsibly it is no danger to any road user any more than another car driven by anyone else.

As with motorcycles some years ago, perhaps the time has now come when age limits should be set for vehicles with engine sizes over a certain capacity.

That said, you can still kill someone by driving recklessly in a Fiat Cinquicento just as you can in a Range Rover Vogue.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 21:36 - Sep 4 with 1344 viewsD_Alien

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 21:20 - Sep 4 by SuddenLad

Only when not handled properly. If the driver (of any age) uses the vehicle responsibly it is no danger to any road user any more than another car driven by anyone else.

As with motorcycles some years ago, perhaps the time has now come when age limits should be set for vehicles with engine sizes over a certain capacity.

That said, you can still kill someone by driving recklessly in a Fiat Cinquicento just as you can in a Range Rover Vogue.

Not sure how this can be enforced. Engine size in relation to vehicle weight is more relevant, though any youth can find someone to "chip" their 1200cc to make it reach 130mph+

I made the point earlier that there's very little difference between lethal usage of a small car than a bigger one, the end result being the same.

In fact, making engine size an issue would only serve to further glamorise such vehicles, and a young idiot TWOC can't be stopped by legislation

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 22:19 - Sep 4 with 1318 viewsdrand792

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 21:36 - Sep 4 by D_Alien

Not sure how this can be enforced. Engine size in relation to vehicle weight is more relevant, though any youth can find someone to "chip" their 1200cc to make it reach 130mph+

I made the point earlier that there's very little difference between lethal usage of a small car than a bigger one, the end result being the same.

In fact, making engine size an issue would only serve to further glamorise such vehicles, and a young idiot TWOC can't be stopped by legislation

Ye it's true you can do as much damage in a saxo as you can in a fifty grand merc! But the safety qualities of a motor like that give out a false sense of security for the drivers ! Pity the poor innocent on the receiving end in the micra !
Login to get fewer ads

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 22:35 - Sep 4 with 1297 viewsTVOS1907

Would you care to elucidate?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 22:38 - Sep 4 with 1291 viewsnordenblue

How's his response bollox? Is it the facts you don't agree with or the fact and definition of the word accident not holding much weight in this circumstance, if all that's said with reference to him driving like a tool for quite some time is true its a certainty not an accident that at some point he'll wrap the car up with devastating consequence! The words "nice guy" really doesn't come into it.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 13:55 - Mar 1 with 1142 viewsD_Dale

Sentenced to 16 months: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2285986/Courtney-Meppen-Walter-Mancheste
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 23:16 - Mar 1 with 1080 viewsphomem

He's being released by city as well
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 13:41 - Mar 2 with 992 viewsDaley_Lama

16 months, will serve 8 months, two completely innocent people dead directly due to his idiotic actions.

Once again the law in this area is shown to be about as much a deterrant as a free holiday in the bahamas.

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024