Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Courtney Meppen-Walter 22:35 - Sep 3 with 9588 viewsEastlands_Dale

Aka Courtney Husbands.

On bail for boy racing and the deaths of two people in a car crash on Bury New Road. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2197522/Courtney-Meppen-Walter

Started off at Bridge FC in Bamford before going to Man City. I do not condone any of this, but everyone makes mistakes. Split second of madness changes someones life/career and ends two others. No matter how much money you have, an 18 year old should not be able to be insured on a Mercedes or any big car like that.

Such a nice genuine lad aswell. Was going very far in the footballing trade that's for sure!

All over the internet/papers etc.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 15:18 - Sep 4 with 1475 viewsDaleFan7

'Nice Lads' don't dangerous drive, whether they kill someone doing it or not. Idiots dangerous drive. He has been an idiot and will now be punished if he is found guilty. Though with our Judicial system it won't be anywhere near as severe as it should be.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 15:20 - Sep 4 with 1460 viewsBanned4ever

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 15:07 - Sep 4 by TVOS1907

Sorry, my bad. I was obviously confusing him with other 'nice lads' who haven't been accused of this sort of thing.

I might be wrong but have Rochdale had a player been done for death-while driving?
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 15:46 - Sep 4 with 1434 viewsrochdale1987

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 15:20 - Sep 4 by Banned4ever

I might be wrong but have Rochdale had a player been done for death-while driving?

nope
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 15:48 - Sep 4 with 1432 viewslurker

You are wrong mate.

I think you are thinking of Raphale Evans who was involved in a fatal stabbing incident (not necessarily stabbing someone himself) and was jailed. You will find that nobody on this board backed the lad in any way, shape or form!
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 16:08 - Sep 4 with 1413 viewsdingdangblue

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 15:18 - Sep 4 by DaleFan7

'Nice Lads' don't dangerous drive, whether they kill someone doing it or not. Idiots dangerous drive. He has been an idiot and will now be punished if he is found guilty. Though with our Judicial system it won't be anywhere near as severe as it should be.

Is speeding classed as dangerous driving - or is it just called speeding until you hit something?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 16:15 - Sep 4 with 1400 viewsBanned4ever

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 15:48 - Sep 4 by lurker

You are wrong mate.

I think you are thinking of Raphale Evans who was involved in a fatal stabbing incident (not necessarily stabbing someone himself) and was jailed. You will find that nobody on this board backed the lad in any way, shape or form!

ok, that could be what,Im, thinking about
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 16:23 - Sep 4 with 1384 viewsjudd

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 16:08 - Sep 4 by dingdangblue

Is speeding classed as dangerous driving - or is it just called speeding until you hit something?

CPS guidelines:

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/road_traffic_offences_guidance_on_prosecuting

Poll: What is it to be then?

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 16:51 - Sep 4 with 1362 viewsphomem

It does seem to have been an accident waiting to happen and that's over paying 18 year olds and letting them loose with sportscars
Login to get fewer ads

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 17:01 - Sep 4 with 1357 viewsAtThePeake

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 16:51 - Sep 4 by phomem

It does seem to have been an accident waiting to happen and that's over paying 18 year olds and letting them loose with sportscars

This.

Tangled up in blue.

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 17:27 - Sep 4 with 1335 viewsTVOS1907

No idea.

Is it relevant?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 17:44 - Sep 4 with 1320 viewsBanned4ever

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 17:27 - Sep 4 by TVOS1907

No idea.

Is it relevant?

yes,it relevant, wondered, what your Attitude would be if there had.

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 17:47 - Sep 4 with 1316 viewsColDale

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 17:44 - Sep 4 by Banned4ever

surely club loyalties play no part in matters as serious as this?
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 17:58 - Sep 4 with 1300 viewsBanned4ever

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 17:47 - Sep 4 by ColDale

surely club loyalties play no part in matters as serious as this?

Im, not talking about-while playing for the club but like, Hughes at,nottscountry

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:01 - Sep 4 with 1289 viewsTTNYear

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 17:58 - Sep 4 by Banned4ever

Im, not talking about-while playing for the club but like, Hughes at,nottscountry

Charlie,-,stop,-,being,-,a,-,knob

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:13 - Sep 4 with 1271 viewsEastlands_Dale

Do you know the lad in person? If not, then I don't think you're in any position to judge him. Because a moment of madness he's paid the consequences. And what he has done, doesn't make him a monster! He didn't go out with the intention to kill someone, he's a young lad who's made a stupid stupid mistake.

So yes, it is naive to label him.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:13 - Sep 4 with 1210 viewsBarryStrange

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 16:51 - Sep 4 by phomem

You're bang on the money.

There should be an engine size limit on what you can buy at a certain age.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:17 - Sep 4 with 1201 viewsphomem

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:13 - Sep 4 by Eastlands_Dale

Do you know the lad in person? If not, then I don't think you're in any position to judge him. Because a moment of madness he's paid the consequences. And what he has done, doesn't make him a monster! He didn't go out with the intention to kill someone, he's a young lad who's made a stupid stupid mistake.

So yes, it is naive to label him.

It's a yoUng kid being stupid in a car which is far too powerful. I had friends killed in similar circumstances he'll have to live with it as Hughes and the keeper have too but it sounds like he did this style of driving too often.
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:24 - Sep 4 with 1195 viewsEastlands_Dale

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:17 - Sep 4 by phomem

It's a yoUng kid being stupid in a car which is far too powerful. I had friends killed in similar circumstances he'll have to live with it as Hughes and the keeper have too but it sounds like he did this style of driving too often.

But it doesn't label him a monster. Ok, he was braking the law (speed limits and dangerous driving) but it's plain and simple, it was an accident. And I don't think he comes anywhere near being in the same category as Lee Hughes whom drove under the infulence, killed and then fled the scene of a crime to save his own back!

Courtney has made a mistake, I for one do believe he deserves the time he'll get! But don't judge someone, when you do not know any little of who and what they are! Because I can guarantee if you sat in a room with the lad, not knowing what he's done your opinion of him would be highly. Not knowing a stint that he's killed someone.

He might of done what he has, but that doesn't mean he's a monster!
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:35 - Sep 4 with 1181 viewsBanned4ever

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:01 - Sep 4 by TTNYear

Charlie,-,stop,-,being,-,a,-,knob

Ok
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:46 - Sep 4 with 1164 viewsphomem

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:24 - Sep 4 by Eastlands_Dale

But it doesn't label him a monster. Ok, he was braking the law (speed limits and dangerous driving) but it's plain and simple, it was an accident. And I don't think he comes anywhere near being in the same category as Lee Hughes whom drove under the infulence, killed and then fled the scene of a crime to save his own back!

Courtney has made a mistake, I for one do believe he deserves the time he'll get! But don't judge someone, when you do not know any little of who and what they are! Because I can guarantee if you sat in a room with the lad, not knowing what he's done your opinion of him would be highly. Not knowing a stint that he's killed someone.

Where do I say he's a monster?
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:48 - Sep 4 with 1161 viewsTVOS1907

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 17:44 - Sep 4 by Banned4ever

The same.

But again, it's not relevant because that's not the case.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:50 - Sep 4 with 1152 viewsEastlands_Dale

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:46 - Sep 4 by phomem

Where do I say he's a monster?

It was in general
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:53 - Sep 4 with 1149 viewsDaley_Lama

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:24 - Sep 4 by Eastlands_Dale

Lee Hughes was never found guilty of driving under the influence firstly.

Secondly, you and others may class it as a mistake to drive wrecklessly and kill somebody, i don't. A driver in such a situation has passed a driving test, deemed fit to drive, holds a licence, knows the law and completely and willfully disregards all of this. That to me is not a mistake.

Equally, the word accident doesnt apply for me. There is nothing accidental about such incidents.

Having said all of that, he has not been found guilty to date so any assumptions as to his guilt are wrong.

Poll: DF in or out

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:54 - Sep 4 with 1144 viewsphomem

Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:50 - Sep 4 by Eastlands_Dale

It was in general

Rubbish I don't say that at all
Courtney Meppen-Walter on 18:57 - Sep 4 with 1141 viewsD_Alien

For what it's worth, having a high-powered Merc or a fart-powered Panda makes absolutely no difference. Both are capable of killing someone if driven stupidly.

Yes, the temptation is there to drive fast if you have a high-powered vehicle, but speed in itself has never killed anyone, only inappropriate speed; and that would include driving at 25mph past a school at 8.45am on a weekday.

I'm not going to pass any judgement whatsoever on the lad, I'll let the court decide that. Nor do I care whether he's "nice" or not, since it's completely irrelevant, and doesn't stop any 18yo from showing off to his mates.

Of course, I have complete sympathy for the victims and their families, but when the lad's served whatever punishment is meted out to him, as far as I'm concerned he should be earning as much as he's capable of and paying the requisite huge amount of tax, otherwise he's just as likely to go completely off the rails and end up a drain on the public purse. It's not about money though, when someone's been killed; but why waste another life by denying them their chance of a future?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024