Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sterling 10:38 - Oct 10 with 2779 viewsTrom

What reaction will he get when Liverpool visit HQ? I seem to remember at the time opinion was split. Looks some talent for a 17 year old.

Hopefully people don't resent him leaving. I'm pretty sure it was the club that cashed in. Also we had no infrastructure or promise of it at the time. Hopefully we will be able to hang on to players like this in the future.
Sterling on 10:40 - Oct 10 with 2037 viewsdaveB

listening to the open all rs podcast it's no wonder he left, we invest less than Brentford and had just 3 full time staff, compare that to the facilities at Liverpool and the best thing for him was to move. Good luck to him
Sterling on 10:44 - Oct 10 with 2018 viewssmegma

As I recall he went on record at the time saying he didn't want to leave. Then his parents changed his mind, I can't understand why ? £££££££$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Sterling on 10:45 - Oct 10 with 2017 viewsjohnhoop

Given those circumstances I agree it is hard to blame him.But at the same time it's going to be difficult not to feel a great deal of resentment when we see the best young talent we've had at the club for many years playing against us !
Sterling on 10:45 - Oct 10 with 2016 viewsklr

Sterling on 10:40 - Oct 10 by daveB

listening to the open all rs podcast it's no wonder he left, we invest less than Brentford and had just 3 full time staff, compare that to the facilities at Liverpool and the best thing for him was to move. Good luck to him

Why are some people so naive ?

If a young player is at a club like QPR & a club like Liverpool come knocking then the young player goes to Liverpool 100% everytime, there is no other outcome.

Its like a Charlton fan wondering why Jonjo Shelvey ( great player BTW ) didnt stay at Charlton when Liverpool came knocking lol
Sterling on 10:45 - Oct 10 with 2016 viewsToast_R

Wouldnt give him any kind of reception at all. He's never played for us FFS!

He's a Liverpool player from their academy. If it wasnt for the press interest, 99% of us wouldnt have a clue he was linked to QPR a couple of years ago.

Move on.
Sterling on 10:52 - Oct 10 with 2002 viewsrobith

Sterling on 10:45 - Oct 10 by Toast_R

He's a Liverpool player from their academy. If it wasnt for the press interest, 99% of us wouldnt have a clue he was linked to QPR a couple of years ago.

Move on.

Erm, he wasn't linked to us, he played in our youth team
Sterling on 10:52 - Oct 10 with 1997 viewsDesertBoot

It's good to see a young player go to a "big club" and actually make the grade.
He looks some player and Liverpool would be even more toothless without him.
A definite star and England regular in the future.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Sterling on 10:54 - Oct 10 with 1989 viewssmegma

Move on.

Errrrrrm.....................
Login to get fewer ads

Sterling on 10:56 - Oct 10 with 1978 viewsingeminate

Sterling on 10:52 - Oct 10 by robith

Erm, he wasn't linked to us, he played in our youth team

Not sure about that - would say at least 70% of rangers would know he played for our youth and looked a great prospect without the recent press interest.

He was meant to be the next big thing years ago.

Normally when we churn them out that means nothing! This time around
he actually does look the business.

Also in terms of his reception, nothing much either way, certainly don't blame him for leaving, we apparently did pretty well out of the deal so didn't lose money on him.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Sterling on 10:57 - Oct 10 with 1981 viewshoopstilidie

Move on.

Clueless

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Sterling on 10:59 - Oct 10 with 1975 viewsJamie

Liverpool fan offered a chance to play for Liverpool. Why would anyone resent him doing what any logical person would do.
Sterling on 11:01 - Oct 10 with 1967 viewsToast_R

He's gone, his QPR career never happend...

He made the right choice for himself, good on him and he'll be a millionaire and a fantastic player none of which will benefit us. So I'm not gonna clap when his name gets announced or when he waltzes through our defence to complete his hatrick.

Sterling on 11:08 - Oct 10 with 1945 viewsTrom

Sterling on 11:01 - Oct 10 by Toast_R

He's gone, his QPR career never happend...

He made the right choice for himself, good on him and he'll be a millionaire and a fantastic player none of which will benefit us. So I'm not gonna clap when his name gets announced or when he waltzes through our defence to complete his hatrick.

No well you wouldn't as apparently you didn't know he played in our youth team until you read it in the paper.

At the time he left it was a relatively big deal at QPR, especially as we had lost Parrot just before.
Sterling on 11:26 - Oct 10 with 1908 viewsToast_R

Yes I was fully aware he played in our youth team but I dont see that as being classed as a previous QPR player who deserves some form of thanks from the QPR supporters majority of which never saw him play for QPR.

I can understand the sentiment regarding Sterling but for me I find it insulting and would rather forget about him. He's like the dream house you got outbid on.

Sterling on 11:28 - Oct 10 with 1895 viewssmegma

Sterling on 11:26 - Oct 10 by Toast_R

Yes I was fully aware he played in our youth team but I dont see that as being classed as a previous QPR player who deserves some form of thanks from the QPR supporters majority of which never saw him play for QPR.

I can understand the sentiment regarding Sterling but for me I find it insulting and would rather forget about him. He's like the dream house you got outbid on.

"99% of us wouldnt have a clue he was linked to QPR a couple of years ago".

This tells me you wasn't aware.
Sterling on 11:34 - Oct 10 with 1878 viewskingsburyR

Fu(k knows why he left, he'll never geta sniff of the first team at a big club like Liverpool............... Hang on..........

It'll jave to be plan B, Ill throw a bottle of piss at him alla Seaman!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Sterling on 11:42 - Oct 10 with 1858 viewshoopstilidie

Sterling on 11:28 - Oct 10 by smegma

Yup

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Sterling on 11:42 - Oct 10 with 1860 viewsToast_R

Sterling on 11:28 - Oct 10 by smegma

Selectivly missing the "if it wasnt for the press interest" Which I standby.

The press interest being the weekly stories about him, coaches saying how he's got the lot and how many Premiership clubs were after his signature and how he was meant to be only interested in staying at Rangers blah blah blah.

If you knew about him because you watch the our Youth team or you read Youth Team match reports and observed his talent, then great for you, it must have been even more gutting when he left, but I think you'll find the point above is the main reason for most peoples knowledge of him and his Rangers past.

Besides, if he stayed with us he'd probaly have been overlooked and snapped a cruciate before you could say Aunt Nelly.
Sterling on 11:46 - Oct 10 with 1851 viewsSharpy

He was 12 when he left us, had he stayed he would`t be half the player he is today, with our ability to destroy young players.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

Sterling on 11:51 - Oct 10 with 1842 viewsW7Ranger

Sterling on 11:46 - Oct 10 by Sharpy

He was 12 when he left us, had he stayed he would`t be half the player he is today, with our ability to destroy young players.

12??

That would make him about 14 now then.

Pretty sure he only left us a couple of years back.
Sterling on 11:58 - Oct 10 with 1834 viewssmegma

Sterling on 11:42 - Oct 10 by Toast_R

Selectivly missing the "if it wasnt for the press interest" Which I standby.

The press interest being the weekly stories about him, coaches saying how he's got the lot and how many Premiership clubs were after his signature and how he was meant to be only interested in staying at Rangers blah blah blah.

If you knew about him because you watch the our Youth team or you read Youth Team match reports and observed his talent, then great for you, it must have been even more gutting when he left, but I think you'll find the point above is the main reason for most peoples knowledge of him and his Rangers past.

Besides, if he stayed with us he'd probaly have been overlooked and snapped a cruciate before you could say Aunt Nelly.

So HOW could he be linked to us when he was at our club already. You want another shovel ?
Sterling on 11:59 - Oct 10 with 1827 viewsSharpy

Sterling on 11:51 - Oct 10 by W7Ranger

12??

That would make him about 14 now then.

Pretty sure he only left us a couple of years back.

You`re right, not sure what or whom i was thinking about.

"Sterling was signed in February 2010 by Rafael Benítez for an initial fee of £600,000, which could rise to £5 million depending on how many appearances he makes for the first-team"

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

Sterling on 12:03 - Oct 10 with 1814 viewsW7Ranger

Sterling on 11:59 - Oct 10 by Sharpy

You`re right, not sure what or whom i was thinking about.

"Sterling was signed in February 2010 by Rafael Benítez for an initial fee of £600,000, which could rise to £5 million depending on how many appearances he makes for the first-team"

Thought it was more recent than 2007.

Had it been 2007, we probably would've given him away in exchange for some footballs and a few corner flags!!!!
Sterling on 12:17 - Oct 10 with 1786 viewsToast_R

Sterling on 11:58 - Oct 10 by smegma

So HOW could he be linked to us when he was at our club already. You want another shovel ?

Depends how you interpret "Linked" I suppose.

Linked as in the run of the mill Media Bullsh*t as in the QPR linked with Harry Redknapp

or Linked as in Keven Gallen has QPR and Plymouth links....

Sterling on 12:17 - Oct 10 with 1783 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Move on.

Yeah I think you got that one wrong mate, he was at QPR for years and is a product of OUR youth system, crap as it may well be. Liverpool plucked him out of our rabble and buffed the brass to make him shine. To say he is a product of the Liverpool academy is just plain wrong.

Cant say I blame him or his family for leave to go to Liverpool though, he isnt a die hard fan who has been going for the better part of 25 years like many of us, hasnt stood on the terraces or anything, so why shouldnt he leave? It is a business after all. On the other hand, Clarke Carlisle with his injuries and alcoholism who we looked after during many rough patches and wanted to return to Leeds to be in the North with his family which was leading him to the booze, only to turn up back in London, was bang out of order IMHO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024