Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? 16:17 - Oct 21 with 15398 viewsMoonyDale

Can't see there being more to be honest, not looking forward to this one......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:05 - Oct 24 with 1727 viewsjudd

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:57 - Oct 24 by TTNYear

It's been said loads of times, but how/why do successful businessmen ignore obvious signs from a balance sheet?

That is the biggest question in this rumpus for me.

Perhaps because our Directors are successful sole owners of successful businesses, consequently not used to answering to a board of directors, shareholders etc?

I could have it completely wrong, but the apparent lack of positive results that we're all harping on about is a direct consequence of a lack of ability of the directors to agree on matters at board meetings?

If so, then the shareholders seen as sheep need rounding up and pointing in a direction that will provoke positive action.

Fans on their own trying to do it are wasting their time.

How many fully blown (erm) Directors are on board now - 2?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:09 - Oct 24 with 1703 viewsDoris

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:05 - Oct 24 by judd

Perhaps because our Directors are successful sole owners of successful businesses, consequently not used to answering to a board of directors, shareholders etc?

I could have it completely wrong, but the apparent lack of positive results that we're all harping on about is a direct consequence of a lack of ability of the directors to agree on matters at board meetings?

If so, then the shareholders seen as sheep need rounding up and pointing in a direction that will provoke positive action.

Fans on their own trying to do it are wasting their time.

How many fully blown (erm) Directors are on board now - 2?

when 1 shareholder has 110000 shares which is more than the chairman and 25% ,how can "shareholders " do,owt about anything ?? around 6 people hold the sway in Dale ,why do you think the share the dream came out ,to dilute the biggest shareholder from getting 33%
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:11 - Oct 24 with 1692 viewsjudd

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:09 - Oct 24 by Doris

when 1 shareholder has 110000 shares which is more than the chairman and 25% ,how can "shareholders " do,owt about anything ?? around 6 people hold the sway in Dale ,why do you think the share the dream came out ,to dilute the biggest shareholder from getting 33%

And that shareholder is?

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:12 - Oct 24 with 1688 viewsDoris

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:11 - Oct 24 by judd

And that shareholder is?

pm me your email addy and i will give you the info i gave r17 last night
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:14 - Oct 24 with 1678 viewsjudd

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:12 - Oct 24 by Doris

pm me your email addy and i will give you the info i gave r17 last night

OK.

Thanks.

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:25 - Oct 24 with 1660 viewsDoris

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:14 - Oct 24 by judd

OK.

Thanks.

did you get both emails ,?? interesting eh ,why would you not want to be on the board when you have a quarter of the shares ?
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 00:32 - Oct 25 with 1625 viewsThreeLions

Ok I admit it its me.
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:30 - Oct 25 with 1550 viewsD_Alien

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:09 - Oct 24 by Doris

This last point - is it just a rumour or do you have something more substantial?

I'm not looking to create an issue - but I think as someone who "shared the dream" I'm entitled to know the facts

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:54 - Oct 25 with 1529 viewsRicardo

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:30 - Oct 25 by D_Alien

This last point - is it just a rumour or do you have something more substantial?

I'm not looking to create an issue - but I think as someone who "shared the dream" I'm entitled to know the facts

Information "freely" (well for £1) available from Companies House website if you want to know who the legal shareholders are (and their respective allocations)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 11:12 - Oct 25 with 1507 viewsD_Alien

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:54 - Oct 25 by Ricardo

Information "freely" (well for £1) available from Companies House website if you want to know who the legal shareholders are (and their respective allocations)

Cheers Ricardo, I'll look into it!

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 11:20 - Oct 25 with 1494 viewsRicardo

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 11:12 - Oct 25 by D_Alien

Cheers Ricardo, I'll look into it!

No probs

It was a consideration when I was asked to "get aboard" by current chairman a few years back. I am not sure how seriously the board take these allocations but I do know this is the legal shareholding of the club
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 11:49 - Oct 25 with 1471 viewsDoris

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:30 - Oct 25 by D_Alien

A complete roumer ,heard it at the time and got told again this week from different people ,but it is a standard thing to do when 1 shareholder is buying too many shares .I dont think there will be any emails going about at any company stating these things but i have seen it done at a couple of companies (not football clubs) and nothing will be lodged in companies house i have looked.
Thats the reason i didnt but a couple of grands worth ,spent it on a holiday instead.There is no real issue at all its business ,i was just surprised why somebody who has a quarter of Dale shares no longer wanted to be a director just seemed strange to me.
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 12:45 - Oct 25 with 1408 viewsD_Alien

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 11:49 - Oct 25 by Doris

A complete roumer ,heard it at the time and got told again this week from different people ,but it is a standard thing to do when 1 shareholder is buying too many shares .I dont think there will be any emails going about at any company stating these things but i have seen it done at a couple of companies (not football clubs) and nothing will be lodged in companies house i have looked.
Thats the reason i didnt but a couple of grands worth ,spent it on a holiday instead.There is no real issue at all its business ,i was just surprised why somebody who has a quarter of Dale shares no longer wanted to be a director just seemed strange to me.

Cheers Doris. Having "looked into it" things are a bit clearer now.

I'm not particularly au fait with business dealings at shareholder level (worked in the public sector most of my life) but nothing surprises me.

Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:20 - Oct 25 with 1306 viewsmandale

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:41 - Oct 24 by Doris

they have never listened to the trust ,they have not taken on board what is needed (from people who know) and never will .When the club uses the trust a a lifeline and uses the money it raises in a good way (not donating it but in directorships) then the fans may come back,this old boys club seems to be just that ,an old dying club.this is my opinion and no way detracts from the thoughts of this site col ok??

Is anyone really 'gobsmacked' anymore, as was said elsewhere? All the right ideas were floated on this message board last season, the expertise was offered, the Trust stood tall - but in the end 'The Old Boys Club' did nothing evident and continue to promote the club like it's still the 1970s. And drink beer in blazers. It's no wonder some fans have given up: they see a Board full of freeloaders and C-list dignitaries who have no idea of how to operate in a modern world and achieve for themselves a mottling of status by being on the Board of a club. It's tough, to be sure, getting fans through the turnstiles, but they haven't even rattled the dust from the ideas cage.

It reminds me of the last days of Rochdale Hornets: Chris Dunphy, like Ray Taylor, a decent man, heart in the right place, in the end didn't have the strength to modernise the club because the vested interests were so entrenched. And it took bankruptcy to flush them out; a few deaths, and a revolution.
Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:53 - Oct 25 with 1290 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:20 - Oct 25 by mandale

Is anyone really 'gobsmacked' anymore, as was said elsewhere? All the right ideas were floated on this message board last season, the expertise was offered, the Trust stood tall - but in the end 'The Old Boys Club' did nothing evident and continue to promote the club like it's still the 1970s. And drink beer in blazers. It's no wonder some fans have given up: they see a Board full of freeloaders and C-list dignitaries who have no idea of how to operate in a modern world and achieve for themselves a mottling of status by being on the Board of a club. It's tough, to be sure, getting fans through the turnstiles, but they haven't even rattled the dust from the ideas cage.

It reminds me of the last days of Rochdale Hornets: Chris Dunphy, like Ray Taylor, a decent man, heart in the right place, in the end didn't have the strength to modernise the club because the vested interests were so entrenched. And it took bankruptcy to flush them out; a few deaths, and a revolution.

All i can say were in a league whats becoming the old division two (whats currently Championship) its having a knock effect across League One/League Two Attendances hense people going to the likes of Ashton United and places like that just because their priced out at our level

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 08:02 - Oct 26 with 1249 viewsTTNYear

Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:53 - Oct 25 by DaleAwaydayBot

All i can say were in a league whats becoming the old division two (whats currently Championship) its having a knock effect across League One/League Two Attendances hense people going to the likes of Ashton United and places like that just because their priced out at our level

Nope... Anyone else struggling?

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 09:50 - Oct 26 with 1182 viewsBuryhomenitebum

Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 08:02 - Oct 26 by TTNYear

Not me I understand every word it he saying that all attendances are down in league two because league two it were used to be league four but it now league two so people who look at it as league four and not league two think it is to expensive for league four but would be right for league two so they instead go to league six which is now league four and watch Ashton United.

Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:39 - Oct 26 with 1150 viewsD_Alien

Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:20 - Oct 25 by mandale

"...they see a Board full of freeloaders and C-list dignitaries who have no idea of how to operate in a modern world and achieve for themselves a mottling of status by being on the Board of a club."

Couldn't have put it better myself! And I've tried!

Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:43 - Oct 26 with 1139 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I've made a partial breakthrough.

The Championship, which used to be the 2nd Division, is drawing crowds from League 1 and 2, which used to be the 3rd and 4th Division. Why, is not explained. I presume by just calling it the Championship has meant fans legging it from Notts County to Nottingham Forest.

What Ashton United have got to do with it fook only knows.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 13:31 - Oct 26 with 1068 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

I ment like price wise basically if the Football League doesn't sort itself out more fans will walk in the next 10-20 years but even the top 10 league two teams are not hitting that 5k attendance's unless your someone like Oxford United near Reading

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 14:26 - Oct 26 with 1023 viewsLocal_team

Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 13:31 - Oct 26 by DaleAwaydayBot

I ment like price wise basically if the Football League doesn't sort itself out more fans will walk in the next 10-20 years but even the top 10 league two teams are not hitting that 5k attendance's unless your someone like Oxford United near Reading

And yet there are 8 teams in league 2 with an average attendance of over 5k this year - http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D3/attend.html

Bradford, Rotherham, Plymouth, Oxford, Bristol Rovers, Gillingham, Port Vale and Chesterfield.

Total Football League attendances in the last 3 years have been pretty much flat having risen consistently and substantially since 1995 ish. It's time to stop complaining about being part of an imagined larger trend in falling attendances and start taking responsibility for addressing the issues impacting our own club. Other clubs have proven they can do it
Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 14:33 - Oct 26 with 1009 viewslurker

Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 14:26 - Oct 26 by Local_team

And yet there are 8 teams in league 2 with an average attendance of over 5k this year - http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D3/attend.html

Bradford, Rotherham, Plymouth, Oxford, Bristol Rovers, Gillingham, Port Vale and Chesterfield.

Total Football League attendances in the last 3 years have been pretty much flat having risen consistently and substantially since 1995 ish. It's time to stop complaining about being part of an imagined larger trend in falling attendances and start taking responsibility for addressing the issues impacting our own club. Other clubs have proven they can do it

Rotherham did well to get more than 3000 people over their ground capacity in for their highest attendance, or do they count fat bastards as 2 people?

PS: I know their capacity is over 11,441 - does make you questions the figures though
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 15:02 - Oct 26 with 983 viewsphomem

Burtons capacity only 5000?

6912 according to wiki
Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 15:50 - Oct 26 with 953 viewsLocal_team

Freeloading Board: Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 14:33 - Oct 26 by lurker

Rotherham did well to get more than 3000 people over their ground capacity in for their highest attendance, or do they count fat bastards as 2 people?

PS: I know their capacity is over 11,441 - does make you questions the figures though

It makes me question your maths.

Home end sold out there for both Burton and Bradford games, total attendance over 11,000 for both, ground holds 12,000 not quite sure where the confusion arises.
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 16:09 - Oct 26 with 931 views442Dale

A preview and manager's views contained within for tomorrow's game.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/rochdale-v-fleetwood-preview-261012-44

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024