Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MH big name summer signings 15:31 - Dec 16 with 3815 viewsNoRway

Most of them didnt figure in the starting 11 for our first win - sums up MHs failure: Bosingwa, Fabio, Granero, Park, Hoilett, Zamora, Johnson.

Only Nelsen and Mbia left apart from the GKs.
MH big name summer signings on 15:48 - Dec 16 with 2668 viewsklr

I thought that was possibly the most damning indictment of Mark Hughes time at QPR I have ever seen / heard.

Fellow on here stated that only two of our starters yesterday came in during the summer, says it that needs to be said about QPR's transfer "policy" under Mark Hughes / Joorabchian.

Unforgiveable.
MH big name summer signings on 15:50 - Dec 16 with 2656 viewsN12Hoop

Hoilett's been ahuge disappointment. Undoubtedly talented, but spends most of games as a passenger hence weakens side overall and is why he has the shame of seeing SWP picked ahead of him.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

MH big name summer signings on 15:53 - Dec 16 with 2644 viewsklr

MH big name summer signings on 15:50 - Dec 16 by N12Hoop

Hoilett's been ahuge disappointment. Undoubtedly talented, but spends most of games as a passenger hence weakens side overall and is why he has the shame of seeing SWP picked ahead of him.

I think ( hopefully ) there has been acknowledgement that Hoilett has taken the p!ss with his fitness so far during his time at QPR & is in effect going through his own personal mini Pre-Season as we speak.

He's a good player, I genuinely believe that.
MH big name summer signings on 15:54 - Dec 16 with 2641 viewscheeseydane

MH big name summer signings on 15:48 - Dec 16 by klr

I thought that was possibly the most damning indictment of Mark Hughes time at QPR I have ever seen / heard.

Fellow on here stated that only two of our starters yesterday came in during the summer, says it that needs to be said about QPR's transfer "policy" under Mark Hughes / Joorabchian.

Unforgiveable.

Agree.

Although many of these players, in the right situation, and under the right guidance and coaching, could be pretty useful.

Unfortunately, MH offered neither.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

MH big name summer signings on 15:57 - Dec 16 with 2624 viewsTGRRRSSS

Hughes will go down in history as pretty much our most terrible manager ever I reckon which is some achievement when you think about it, but throw in failing to win a away game, not wining one from August to Nov and how much money he spent on players etc and it really was very very poor.
MH big name summer signings on 15:58 - Dec 16 with 2622 viewsBazWoT

When you go back to basics, it's best to use those with the basics. Harry is tinkering as he goes, remember, that was Faurlin's first game under him yet we all know how good he is.

How SWP is getting a game is beyond me, virtual passenger yesterday!

Tinkering will continue.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

MH big name summer signings on 16:00 - Dec 16 with 2606 viewsklr

MH big name summer signings on 15:58 - Dec 16 by BazWoT

When you go back to basics, it's best to use those with the basics. Harry is tinkering as he goes, remember, that was Faurlin's first game under him yet we all know how good he is.

How SWP is getting a game is beyond me, virtual passenger yesterday!

Tinkering will continue.

Agree!
MH big name summer signings on 16:03 - Dec 16 with 2597 viewsklr

MH big name summer signings on 15:57 - Dec 16 by TGRRRSSS

Hughes will go down in history as pretty much our most terrible manager ever I reckon which is some achievement when you think about it, but throw in failing to win a away game, not wining one from August to Nov and how much money he spent on players etc and it really was very very poor.

Spot on, a lot of it actually beggars belief when you think about it.

He should be too embarrassed to ever show his face in football again, God knows he's got the money.
Login to get fewer ads

MH big name summer signings on 16:04 - Dec 16 with 2592 viewsTGRRRSSS

Personally in the past I thought he was a competant if unspectacular manager, who didn't call for his departure until only about a month before he actually went, it became embarrassing.
MH big name summer signings on 16:17 - Dec 16 with 2547 viewsEalingRanger

Hoilett is carrying far too much weight. I was under the impression he was a 'pacey' winger. My Nan is probably quicker over 100m.
MH big name summer signings on 16:45 - Dec 16 with 2465 viewsDesertBoot

MH big name summer signings on 16:04 - Dec 16 by TGRRRSSS

Personally in the past I thought he was a competant if unspectacular manager, who didn't call for his departure until only about a month before he actually went, it became embarrassing.

The way he left Fulham had my alarm bells ringing. No club big enough for him and his ego.
I can't wait to eventually hear his own assessment of his tenure at our club. No doubt "the wins were coming".

Wish I could be like David Watts

MH big name summer signings on 16:52 - Dec 16 with 2449 viewskropotkin41

Fabio seems to be a very good prospect tbh - he's been injured so a little unfair to lump him in with some of the others.

Also, I think that Granero really is a very classy player. I don't know of course, but I suspect he has been demoralised (poor love, I know) and could pull it around given time assuming Harry doesn't turn him into a pile of money in January.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

MH big name summer signings on 18:20 - Dec 16 with 2337 viewsrsonist

Granero and Hoilett are very good players. However they were bought with seemingly no planning of how and where they would fit into the side, and MH couldn't get a clue as he went along. Ultimately they have been disastrously managed and may never prosper with us now sadly. With the situation as it is it's only sensible for Redknapp to get back to Championship basics and build again from there.

Put it this way, hypothetically speaking if we'd never signed the Hughes players but they were suddenly available now would Redknapp look at them and think they were what was needed? On Saturday's performance would he think yep so we need a lightweight, very creative midfielder and a talented but workshy flair winger? I'd wager he'd think the exact opposite.
MH big name summer signings on 18:24 - Dec 16 with 2319 viewsrsonist

In fairness however if Zamora and Johnson were fit they'd be getting picked by Redknapp now.

Who knows, Zamora could even be crucial for the last couple of months if Redknapp can motivate him.
MH big name summer signings on 18:30 - Dec 16 with 2303 viewsNorthernr

It was the epitome of the best team not necessarily being made up of the best players. It was the best we'd played for months and as said it was without the big names by and large.
MH big name summer signings on 18:33 - Dec 16 with 2291 viewsjonno

MH big name summer signings on 16:45 - Dec 16 by DesertBoot

The way he left Fulham had my alarm bells ringing. No club big enough for him and his ego.
I can't wait to eventually hear his own assessment of his tenure at our club. No doubt "the wins were coming".

From what I've seen and heard about Hughes both before and since his sacking it looks like he was very weak in terms of dealing with the players. A lot of these blokes will royally rake the p1ss if they can get away with it and it seems like many were. Lack of fitness and sharpness on the pitch I think tells a story of the fitness regime and the amount of effort put in by a lot of the players during training. I'm pretty sure they didn't even train on Wednesdays for instance. Then you have the off the pitch antics which seem to have been just allowed to go on with no action taken.
MH big name summer signings on 18:35 - Dec 16 with 2286 viewsBAWHoops

Less than half the team were Hughes' signings.

Green, Onouha, Nelsen, Mbia, Cisse

That's it

He bought 15 players to the club, and in less than a year it would sem that 10 of them are out of favour.

What a monumental cock up

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

MH big name summer signings on 19:07 - Dec 16 with 2220 viewsfacto

MH big name summer signings on 18:35 - Dec 16 by BAWHoops

Less than half the team were Hughes' signings.

Green, Onouha, Nelsen, Mbia, Cisse

That's it

He bought 15 players to the club, and in less than a year it would sem that 10 of them are out of favour.

What a monumental cock up

hope he didnt receive any pay off as the mans an overated clott!
MH big name summer signings on 19:26 - Dec 16 with 2168 viewskensalriser

If a young player like Hoilett really has been allowed to get that unfit, it speaks volumes about just how badly the club was being run. Unbelievable how patient we all were with Hughes.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

MH big name summer signings on 19:37 - Dec 16 with 2122 viewsPinnerPaul

Just what we need - the 175th thread saying how bad MH was.
MH big name summer signings on 20:54 - Dec 16 with 2012 viewsKiwi76

Way back when we were still only 3-4 games without a win some of the interplay between Faurlin and Granero was some of the nicest stuff I've seen in years. Really hope he can rebuild under Harry but guessing he may be off in Jan.
Hoilett is hopefully longer term prospect who can get re-ignited under new regime.
Has there been any confirm on SirLes (& Allen?) coming to LR - been offline and was a rumour week or two ago?
MH big name summer signings on 21:05 - Dec 16 with 1990 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

All of the signings have had at least one good performance, several more than one. I don't blame Hughes for the individual signings. I blame him for making too many and managing them and the remaining squad abysmally

It's got to be Yarg

MH big name summer signings on 21:08 - Dec 16 with 1983 viewschris1969

Hindsight is great because at the time I was very happy with us signing Granero, Park and Hoilett.

Zamora was not a summer signing

Bosingwa won a champions league medal in May.

Johnson was a gamble

Lets see what Harry can do with them, lets not write them all off.
MH big name summer signings on 21:17 - Dec 16 with 1967 viewsrsonist

MH big name summer signings on 21:05 - Dec 16 by Cornish_oooRRRR

All of the signings have had at least one good performance, several more than one. I don't blame Hughes for the individual signings. I blame him for making too many and managing them and the remaining squad abysmally

Funny thing is despite Hughes making too many signings I'm still annoyed with him for passing up on Taiwo.

MH big name summer signings on 21:43 - Dec 16 with 1932 viewsBushman

Does anyone know how many of the players Hughes signed shared the same
"adviser "as he does?

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024