Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back. 19:04 - Dec 26 with 3474 viewsted_hendrix

I'm gutted and fear the worst more than ever now, like It or not we have been 'doubled' by WBA who were (like It or not) the Prem team whereas we looked like an upper Championship team.

Yes RG was fouled by being backed into and yes we should have had a pen but that's got fck all to do with the fact that we are just not good enough.

Chris Brunt's goal was what he has been doing for bloody donkey years, you could smell and see It coming.

We never learn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Just back. on 19:05 - Dec 26 with 2935 viewssmegma

We are not good enough.

End of.
Just back. on 19:15 - Dec 26 with 2876 viewsWatfordR

Said on another thread, I can't see any real difference in the team or its failings now compared to Hughes teams.

Poor defensively, huge gaps between defence and midfield, a lack of working and pressing off the ball, Cisse isolated up front, Mackie played out of position, SWP playing while looking way short on form and confidence.

Different manager, same problems. Not a coincidence surely?
Just back. on 19:31 - Dec 26 with 2815 viewsted_hendrix

Just back. on 19:15 - Dec 26 by WatfordR

Said on another thread, I can't see any real difference in the team or its failings now compared to Hughes teams.

Poor defensively, huge gaps between defence and midfield, a lack of working and pressing off the ball, Cisse isolated up front, Mackie played out of position, SWP playing while looking way short on form and confidence.

Different manager, same problems. Not a coincidence surely?

I don't know about the coincidence tbh, I aint got no 'hard on' for WBA but they seemed so much more professional than us, pass/move collect the ball, pass and move again, we bring Hoilett on and twice when he got the ball out wide they had 3 players on him in a flash nullifying him.

We haven't moved forward under HR or if we have I haven't noticed it much.

Must say though I thought Mbia was superb and for me the only outstanding QPR shining light today, this guy Is up for a battle.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Just back. on 21:22 - Dec 26 with 2634 viewsderbyhoop

I thnk we are marginally better under Harry than MH. But on the evidence today, still a long way short of the quality required.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Just back. on 21:25 - Dec 26 with 2617 viewsRangersAreBack

Just back. on 21:22 - Dec 26 by derbyhoop

I thnk we are marginally better under Harry than MH. But on the evidence today, still a long way short of the quality required.

I'd second that. Let's hope our nearest rivals fail to widen the gap before January and we can get some players who have the appetite for a relegation dogfight.
Just back. on 21:30 - Dec 26 with 2588 viewsNeil_SI

Harry Redknapp has improved the work ethic and attitude, or at least, he's managed to find a team that will consistently work harder and try more than under Mark Hughes, so it's progress in that sense.

But what it shows, and what was masked under Mark Hughes, is where we are short and do not have enough quality. It was a poor performance, but all it does is highlight where our problems are and we'll see if Redknapp can do anything about it in the transfer window.

It's hard to tell, but there is a better structure and tactical plan to our game, even if it is relatively simple and straightforward. That the players can't get to grips with some of the basics just highlights where our weaknesses are and gives us a better chance of identifying them and doing something about it.

Today's performance was littered with just sloppy play and a basic lack of nous. Too many of them had poor first or second touches when receiving the ball and too many of them played poor short passes, putting the receiver in difficulty when it was easier not to. Then for those who managed to get past those issues, they often made poor decisions or passed the ball at poor angles or at poor pace, so the receiver then had those problems to contend with.

As a result, we just couldn't get going or find any rhythm or fluidity to our play. But there were signs of better character. Stephané Mbia for instance was hunting the ball down and demanding it in the right areas and generally the right time, but his application just let him down here and there (albeit a glorious pass for our goal), so you can see there are little positives and things to work with, but it does need that extra push and that little bit more nous and knowhow.

What we need to do is what we already know. Feed Djibril Cissé with that kind of pass, with him on the shoulder in and around the penalty area, and he's going to find the back of the net. Get him to play with his back to goal, running into channels, with little support...then we won't. It's the same for Adel Taarabt, he ran a few times with the ball today and just had no support whatsoever, no-one following with him in tandem, leaving him to shoot tamely out of desperation or eventually be dispossessed as he tried to wait for support.
Just back. on 21:38 - Dec 26 with 2545 viewsHollowayRanger

if i gave you this and told you to make me a 3 course quality meal you would fail

so how is redknapp expected to turn a group of mainly turds into a premiership team

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Just back. on 22:47 - Dec 26 with 2417 viewsToast_R

Two games under MH will forever be etched in my memory

Swansea at home
Southhampton at home.

Bearing in mind it was his squad too
Login to get fewer ads

Just back. on 23:52 - Dec 26 with 2276 viewsWatfordR

Just back. on 21:30 - Dec 26 by Neil_SI

Harry Redknapp has improved the work ethic and attitude, or at least, he's managed to find a team that will consistently work harder and try more than under Mark Hughes, so it's progress in that sense.

But what it shows, and what was masked under Mark Hughes, is where we are short and do not have enough quality. It was a poor performance, but all it does is highlight where our problems are and we'll see if Redknapp can do anything about it in the transfer window.

It's hard to tell, but there is a better structure and tactical plan to our game, even if it is relatively simple and straightforward. That the players can't get to grips with some of the basics just highlights where our weaknesses are and gives us a better chance of identifying them and doing something about it.

Today's performance was littered with just sloppy play and a basic lack of nous. Too many of them had poor first or second touches when receiving the ball and too many of them played poor short passes, putting the receiver in difficulty when it was easier not to. Then for those who managed to get past those issues, they often made poor decisions or passed the ball at poor angles or at poor pace, so the receiver then had those problems to contend with.

As a result, we just couldn't get going or find any rhythm or fluidity to our play. But there were signs of better character. Stephané Mbia for instance was hunting the ball down and demanding it in the right areas and generally the right time, but his application just let him down here and there (albeit a glorious pass for our goal), so you can see there are little positives and things to work with, but it does need that extra push and that little bit more nous and knowhow.

What we need to do is what we already know. Feed Djibril Cissé with that kind of pass, with him on the shoulder in and around the penalty area, and he's going to find the back of the net. Get him to play with his back to goal, running into channels, with little support...then we won't. It's the same for Adel Taarabt, he ran a few times with the ball today and just had no support whatsoever, no-one following with him in tandem, leaving him to shoot tamely out of desperation or eventually be dispossessed as he tried to wait for support.

Putting aside my open dislike for Redknapp, there were certain things he needed to do immediately when he arrived to try and settle things down and to get us winning:

1. Find a settled team and formation
2. Sort out our defending, particularly from set pieces
3. Encourage a "fear free" approach amongst the players

So far I can't see any evidence that those three are any better than under Hughes.

In particular, down the spine of the team, we still haven't a settled CB pairing or a settled central midfield. There isn't any sign that we are pressing the opposition out of possession in the way West Brom did to us all afternoon, and in the way most Prem teams accept as a prerequisite. And the poor passing selection and accuracy from players that are technically far better than they are showing is probably a sign of the anxiety that the players are still feeling, which is particularly disappointing considering Redknapp's reputation as a good man manager and motivator.

If there really is an improvement, it's almost imperceptible, and certainly not one that's going to make any difference to the requirements we have to get us out of this mess.
Just back. on 00:01 - Dec 27 with 2245 viewsRanger78

"be careful what you wish for" I am seriously fearful fir our club with HR in charge.

Awful tactics and team selection for a home game of such importance, complteley outclassed for most if the game and surprise surprise... according to Harry, its the refs fault!!
Just back. on 00:44 - Dec 27 with 2150 viewsHollowayRanger

Just back. on 23:52 - Dec 26 by WatfordR

Putting aside my open dislike for Redknapp, there were certain things he needed to do immediately when he arrived to try and settle things down and to get us winning:

1. Find a settled team and formation
2. Sort out our defending, particularly from set pieces
3. Encourage a "fear free" approach amongst the players

So far I can't see any evidence that those three are any better than under Hughes.

In particular, down the spine of the team, we still haven't a settled CB pairing or a settled central midfield. There isn't any sign that we are pressing the opposition out of possession in the way West Brom did to us all afternoon, and in the way most Prem teams accept as a prerequisite. And the poor passing selection and accuracy from players that are technically far better than they are showing is probably a sign of the anxiety that the players are still feeling, which is particularly disappointing considering Redknapp's reputation as a good man manager and motivator.

If there really is an improvement, it's almost imperceptible, and certainly not one that's going to make any difference to the requirements we have to get us out of this mess.

our centerback paring is hill and nelsen!

nelsens got flu or do you think he was dropped today because harry fancied anton

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Just back. on 01:02 - Dec 27 with 2128 viewsBrazilNutR

I honestly felt we were fairly good value for a win today.. Until they scored, I thought it was all QPR..and the goal was one of those that only goes in 1 in 20 times...or against us. I thought even SWP was playing well. Traore had a shocker today I thought which was a suprise, as he'd been looking better and better of late.. but otherwise, I felt we were on top.. Admittedly we played with that slightly pressured style, not quite as calm and calculated as WBA, but then situations are as they are..we are under more pressure. The second goal, although it wasn't great keeping, and he could have done more..or made more of the challenge... It was never a goal, there would have been not a single complaint had he given the foul. Goalkeepers are massively overprotected and are used to getting everything, you can't just change the rules all of a sudden without saying so.. The Penalty was as much a handball as you get, never like them being given, but it was crystal clear.. and rules are rules. The Brazilian commentators said of the 2nd goal..."these things only ever happen to Green"..which made me laugh, and is not far from the truth.
Anyway, we had several other good chances, SWP cut between 2 and cross was a whisker away..
MBIA had about 5 headers, I think the shinyness of his head was as important a factor in not winning as the ref... had he a bit of stubble..or hair, I think he scores at least one bullet header..
Anyway, thats my thoughts, didn't see that we were outplayed and outclassed as many are saying...another day, if we had scored 3 goals, with the same performance, I think everyone would be saying we played well, but when we lose, everyone instantly says we were rubbish.

Oh well... 1 more beer..and we see what happens next game.

Things can only get better...surely!
Just back. on 05:28 - Dec 27 with 2060 viewsqprmick

To those who don't thing we have made any progress, how many points did we get under Hughes this season? How many have we got under 'arry, we should have at least one more from the last game. The points say it all for me. He is not a miracle worker.

Qprmick

Just back. on 05:51 - Dec 27 with 2053 viewshoopdog

Yes we are not good enough yes WBA were more professional but get real about that WBA is a team (squad) that has been built over quite a few years and should be a more professional and well balanced unit by now where we are a bunch of newbe's Hughs threw together with no great understanding of eachother judge our balance and understanding after H has had a chance to rectify the problem areas ie up front and and at c/back
Just back. on 08:41 - Dec 27 with 1967 viewsjonno

Just back. on 00:44 - Dec 27 by HollowayRanger

our centerback paring is hill and nelsen!

nelsens got flu or do you think he was dropped today because harry fancied anton

Why don't the players have anti flu injections?
Just back. on 09:11 - Dec 27 with 1911 viewspomanjou

Just back. on 08:41 - Dec 27 by jonno

Why don't the players have anti flu injections?

My guess is that they do, but it was just a heavy cold and we couldnt have him blowing snot all over the oppo. Its far worse than gobbing all over the pitch.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Just back. on 10:00 - Dec 27 with 1835 viewsadhoc_qpr

Championship is on the cards, made my peace with it.

It's like Northern always says, not very good and not very lucky! It's a lethal combo and the mismanagement/bad judgement of the club just compounds it.

It's not a nice feeling being an object lesson in everything that is wrong with football today though (rich but stupid/gullible owners, overpaid mercenaries, trying to spend to succeed, no youth system, living outside our means, high manager turnover etc etc)
Just back. on 13:15 - Dec 27 with 1725 viewsthemodfather

Just back. on 10:00 - Dec 27 by adhoc_qpr

Championship is on the cards, made my peace with it.

It's like Northern always says, not very good and not very lucky! It's a lethal combo and the mismanagement/bad judgement of the club just compounds it.

It's not a nice feeling being an object lesson in everything that is wrong with football today though (rich but stupid/gullible owners, overpaid mercenaries, trying to spend to succeed, no youth system, living outside our means, high manager turnover etc etc)

i pray for no xmas games
lets try a "break", say mid december -mid january with just the fa cup 3 rd played.
another boxing day turned to misery, so many have minds on other things at this time of year....

qpr gave too much space and time to wba
green is woeful...and has really had his chance
we can't be the adel show ( it rarely comes off, when it does, wow..but endless runs where he does not pass hurts us in the end)
again mackie works his socks off
and refs/officials continue to be shite....imagine fergie's comments at the decisions against us??
Just back. on 13:31 - Dec 27 with 1698 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back. on 00:01 - Dec 27 by Ranger78

"be careful what you wish for" I am seriously fearful fir our club with HR in charge.

Awful tactics and team selection for a home game of such importance, complteley outclassed for most if the game and surprise surprise... according to Harry, its the refs fault!!

It was the same team & tactics that did so well against Fulham apart from enforced changes due to injury.

WBA were better than Fulham & therefore better than us.

With a bit of luck (decisions) we might have got a draw which against a team who are 6th and given our season to date would have been a creditable, if inadequate in our situation, result.

We all have players we like/dislike but can't see how the team HR picked was in any way bad management.
Just back. on 13:54 - Dec 27 with 1644 viewsQPR1882

Just back. on 13:31 - Dec 27 by PinnerPaul

It was the same team & tactics that did so well against Fulham apart from enforced changes due to injury.

WBA were better than Fulham & therefore better than us.

With a bit of luck (decisions) we might have got a draw which against a team who are 6th and given our season to date would have been a creditable, if inadequate in our situation, result.

We all have players we like/dislike but can't see how the team HR picked was in any way bad management.

MH team also had a really good game at spuds and at home to the scum, so i am not going to get to carried away because HR team had a good game against Fulham.

Last week and this week HR got his tactics wrong.
Just back. on 14:04 - Dec 27 with 1617 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back. on 13:54 - Dec 27 by QPR1882

MH team also had a really good game at spuds and at home to the scum, so i am not going to get to carried away because HR team had a good game against Fulham.

Last week and this week HR got his tactics wrong.

So without hindsight, why should HR think the Fulham team/tactics would NOT work v WBA?

They seem set up very similar to me - Brunt/Sidwell very similar players.

Adel dominated Sidwell but Brunt "won" yesterday.

How would you know that BEFORE the match?

Are you honestly saying, before the match, you thought - this is the wrong team?
Just back. on 14:13 - Dec 27 with 1595 viewsCheshireR

Call me old fashioned if you like - but I knew we were in trouble when five of our outfield players started the game wearing gloves.
It was hardly antarctic conditions yesterday FFS.
Just back. on 14:15 - Dec 27 with 1589 viewsQPR1882

Just back. on 14:04 - Dec 27 by PinnerPaul

So without hindsight, why should HR think the Fulham team/tactics would NOT work v WBA?

They seem set up very similar to me - Brunt/Sidwell very similar players.

Adel dominated Sidwell but Brunt "won" yesterday.

How would you know that BEFORE the match?

Are you honestly saying, before the match, you thought - this is the wrong team?

Green

Fabio
Hill
M'bia
Traore or Dyer

Adel
Diakita
Faurlin
Derry

Mackie
Hoilett

Is the team i would have started with ( and stated that before yesterdays game started )
Just back. on 17:42 - Dec 27 with 1503 viewswood_hoop

Neil, you have a good insight into the game and your post is fairly accurate..

'But what it shows, and what was masked under Mark Hughes, is where we are short and do not have enough quality. It was a poor performance, but all it does is highlight where our problems are and we'll see if Redknapp can do anything about it in the transfer window'.

The depth of quality is the major problem and I have serious doubts even the reputation of Mr HR and his wheeler dealing can solve such a glaring problem.

Just how many players will it need to give us half a chance ?

How much is in the 'war chest' that HR may be given ?

Our current crop of players will need more than just the odd new player to help the cause, virtually having to rebuild attitudes & skill levels in such a short space of time may just be too much for HR.
Just back. on 18:02 - Dec 27 with 1459 viewsQPRCambs

Excellent stuff, Neil, and you've highlighted something that's been doing my head in for weeks - the poor quality of the passing. It's often not that poor, it's just that it is not good enough to keep moves flowing with pace and to retain the advantage in a move.

It's interesting, but returning to the points I made in this article: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1881 we are only three points behind the points total we achieved in the equivalent games last year and there is still a reasonable route to 38/40 points without too many heroic assumptions. But, sadly we are crap at the moment and there needs to be significant and sustained improvement to have any chance and that means change of some sort in January.

Incidentally, on the same logic applied in the article it would be difficult to argue it is not worth spending any money in January even if we lose to Liverpool and Chelsea. Whether spending will prove effective, only time will tell, but even with just ten points it is going to be very difficult to argue all is lost at that stage.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024