Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Statement 15:40 - Jan 13 with 15694 viewsTVOS1907

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-13.01.13-595622.aspx

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Club Statement on 14:28 - Jan 18 with 1555 viewsjudd

Club Statement on 14:26 - Jan 18 by TTNYear

I can see the headlines

"I'm gay and KKK'" says un-named Dale scouser
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

That hardly narrows the list down, allegedly.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Club Statement on 14:31 - Jan 18 with 1545 viewsTTNYear

Club Statement on 14:28 - Jan 18 by judd

That hardly narrows the list down, allegedly.

"There ain't no black unless your name is Jack" Claims mincing Dale Liverpudlian

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Club Statement on 14:32 - Jan 18 with 1541 viewsSuddenLad

Club Statement on 14:12 - Jan 18 by TTNYear

That's a bit ham fisted surely. What if the player came out and apologised. Is no one allowed to make a mistake?

Mistake ?

Racism or racist remarks aren't a mistake, they are a statement.

You don't use racist language by 'accident' any more than you drink and drive by accident.

As a Dale fan, I don't want racists wearing a Dale shirt.

As yet, no-one is deemed guilty of anything, so let's wait for the outcome of the investigation before we debate the punishment.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club Statement on 14:37 - Jan 18 with 1534 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Club Statement on 14:32 - Jan 18 by SuddenLad

Mistake ?

You don't use racist language by 'accident' any more than you drink and drive by accident.

As yet, no-one is deemed guilty of anything, so let's wait for the outcome of the investigation before we debate the punishment.

100% Agree with all of that.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Club Statement on 14:37 - Jan 18 with 1533 viewsTTNYear

Club Statement on 14:32 - Jan 18 by SuddenLad

Mistake ?

You're the one discussing his punishment tbf, with the 'I hope he never wears a Dale shirt ever again'

If said player fully admits his guilt but was apologetic, stating that it was said in the heat of the moment, and has spoke to the player involved and apologised, taking his 8 game ban on the chin. Saying he regrets the incident and vows to improve his behaviour now and in the future. You'd still tell him to bugger off?

#justasking

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Club Statement on 14:39 - Jan 18 with 1526 viewsjudd

A bigot can be defined as a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own.

Just sayin'.

Club Statement on 15:16 - Jan 18 with 1451 viewsD_Alien

Club Statement on 14:39 - Jan 18 by judd

A bigot can be defined as a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own.

Just sayin'.

What's a female bigot called?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club Statement on 15:18 - Jan 18 with 1444 viewsjudd

Club Statement on 15:16 - Jan 18 by D_Alien

Wrong.

Login to get fewer ads

Club Statement on 15:22 - Jan 18 with 1433 viewsD_Alien

Club Statement on 15:18 - Jan 18 by judd

Wrong.

Not Gillian Duffy?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club Statement on 15:27 - Jan 18 with 1423 viewsoff2div1

Club Statement on 15:16 - Jan 18 by D_Alien

Rochdales own Gillian Duffy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/election/article-1269486/Election-2010-Gordon-Br
Club Statement on 18:33 - Jan 18 with 1350 viewsShun

Horrible woman.
Club Statement on 20:35 - Jan 18 with 1303 viewsSuddenLad

Club Statement on 14:37 - Jan 18 by TTNYear

You're the one discussing his punishment tbf, with the 'I hope he never wears a Dale shirt ever again'

If said player fully admits his guilt but was apologetic, stating that it was said in the heat of the moment, and has spoke to the player involved and apologised, taking his 8 game ban on the chin. Saying he regrets the incident and vows to improve his behaviour now and in the future. You'd still tell him to bugger off?

#justasking

If the allegation is unproven then of course, no debate exists as to any punishment. The whole sorry issue should then be forgotten. Back to clean sheets and all parties move forward.

If found guilty, he (or any other player at any other club) should be sacked for Gross Misconduct and sent packing. Zero tolerance is the only way to approach the matter.

I wouldn't imagine any club who claims to have strong community links could retain credibility if they continued to employ him. You can't spout 'Kick Out Racism' in a blaze of publicity and then pick and choose the occasions when it applies to you and your own employees.

Club Statement on 21:08 - Jan 18 with 1270 viewsphomem

Club Statement on 20:35 - Jan 18 by SuddenLad

If the allegation is unproven then of course, no debate exists as to any punishment. The whole sorry issue should then be forgotten. Back to clean sheets and all parties move forward.

If found guilty, he (or any other player at any other club) should be sacked for Gross Misconduct and sent packing. Zero tolerance is the only way to approach the matter.

I wouldn't imagine any club who claims to have strong community links could retain credibility if they continued to employ him. You can't spout 'Kick Out Racism' in a blaze of publicity and then pick and choose the occasions when it applies to you and your own employees.

Wait to see if he's guilty before getting judgemental.
Club Statement on 22:03 - Jan 18 with 1242 viewsShun

I'm sure Chelsea and Liverpool support the Kick It Out scheme but they haven't been sacking any players recently.
Club Statement on 09:04 - Jan 19 with 1208 viewsTTNYear

What's the view like in your ivory tower??

The point being is that in your eyes Paul a person is not allowed to make a mistake, apologise and be forgiven... Just because its racism. If a person is genuinely sorry and makes intimations to correct their error I like to think I have it in my heart to forgive them... It seems you march then down to the gallows. Then again you have form for that kind of behaviour.

This may all be irrelevant by the way. Said player might not give two shytes and no statement issued but I don't like the ..if he's guilty hang the tw@t... Viewpoint... I'm a bit more human than that... You're clearly a leftie and one would have thought you'd have a bit more of a humanistic side to you... regards fairness and forgiveness. Your posts don't suggest that.

Club Statement on 20:20 - Jan 19 with 1122 viewsDale_316

Club Statement on 17:32 - Jan 13 by judd

I think the police statement you refer to embellished what was actually said, even the the fooker wasn't even there! Mitchell never denied the argument, just the extent of profanity.

The "witness" in the Sun link said the remark was made "apparently" and also that he "heard" it.

Make your own minds up.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4741015/Bobby-Grant-accused-

should just shake hands and get on with it, we pay to watch football not politics!!!!

Oh when the dale go marching in

Club Statement on 17:53 - Jan 20 with 1033 viewssoulboy

IF the player is found guilty of racism then of course he should be shown the door. Having said that, the club dont seem to have a problem with having a convicted cheat as captain.
Club Statement on 19:46 - Jan 20 with 989 viewsSuddenLad

Club Statement on 09:04 - Jan 19 by TTNYear

What's the view like in your ivory tower??

The point being is that in your eyes Paul a person is not allowed to make a mistake, apologise and be forgiven... Just because its racism. If a person is genuinely sorry and makes intimations to correct their error I like to think I have it in my heart to forgive them... It seems you march then down to the gallows. Then again you have form for that kind of behaviour.

This may all be irrelevant by the way. Said player might not give two shytes and no statement issued but I don't like the ..if he's guilty hang the tw@t... Viewpoint... I'm a bit more human than that... You're clearly a leftie and one would have thought you'd have a bit more of a humanistic side to you... regards fairness and forgiveness. Your posts don't suggest that.

It's not about 'mistakes' though, it's about attitudes. If it WERE about mistakes, then yes of course apologies should be considered, hands shaken and we move on - assuming that the apology is sincere and that it is accepted by the person wronged.

In this situation, IF the player (or any other) is ultimately found to be responsible (which I truly hope he isn't) then you have to consider the wider implications. Sometimes an apology will not be deemed to be sufficient.

Rochdale AFC would then be seen as a 'tainted brand' in the eyes of many and unfortunately, that stigma will stick, in the same way that we all accuse bURY of being 'cheats'. It matters not that the apology has been made, because it will be raked up at every opportunity and used as a stick to beat the club and supporters with.

As is always the case, no player is bigger than the club and if sacrifices have to be made, then so be it.

At the moment, it is perhaps as well that we are a League Two side, because a higher profile would attract a blaze of idiotic publicity. The farcical Suarez/Evra situation should never have been allowed to escalate in the way that it did, but once the press got a sniff it was all out war - one which carries on at every opportunity, whether deserved or not.

I repeat, I sincerely hope that we don't get to that stage and that the player is deemed to have been either 'misunderstood' or 'misinterpreted'. For the good of all concerned, let's hope.

Club Statement on 20:08 - Jan 20 with 968 viewsNotEyreClue

Club Statement on 19:46 - Jan 20 by SuddenLad

It's not about 'mistakes' though, it's about attitudes. If it WERE about mistakes, then yes of course apologies should be considered, hands shaken and we move on - assuming that the apology is sincere and that it is accepted by the person wronged.

In this situation, IF the player (or any other) is ultimately found to be responsible (which I truly hope he isn't) then you have to consider the wider implications. Sometimes an apology will not be deemed to be sufficient.

Rochdale AFC would then be seen as a 'tainted brand' in the eyes of many and unfortunately, that stigma will stick, in the same way that we all accuse bURY of being 'cheats'. It matters not that the apology has been made, because it will be raked up at every opportunity and used as a stick to beat the club and supporters with.

As is always the case, no player is bigger than the club and if sacrifices have to be made, then so be it.

At the moment, it is perhaps as well that we are a League Two side, because a higher profile would attract a blaze of idiotic publicity. The farcical Suarez/Evra situation should never have been allowed to escalate in the way that it did, but once the press got a sniff it was all out war - one which carries on at every opportunity, whether deserved or not.

I repeat, I sincerely hope that we don't get to that stage and that the player is deemed to have been either 'misunderstood' or 'misinterpreted'. For the good of all concerned, let's hope.

I'm assuming then, that you subscribe to the idea that if you make a racist comment/statement then you're automatically a racist?

99.9% percent of people have had racist thoughts at one time or another and to argue otherwise is wholly unrealistic, it's just that some people are better at biting their tongues than others.

Now, in no way am I condoning casual racism but to question someone's attitude because they made a statement in the heat of the moment seems a bit extreme.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Club Statement on 20:34 - Jan 20 with 938 viewsSuddenLad

Club Statement on 20:08 - Jan 20 by NotEyreClue

I'm assuming then, that you subscribe to the idea that if you make a racist comment/statement then you're automatically a racist?

99.9% percent of people have had racist thoughts at one time or another and to argue otherwise is wholly unrealistic, it's just that some people are better at biting their tongues than others.

Now, in no way am I condoning casual racism but to question someone's attitude because they made a statement in the heat of the moment seems a bit extreme.

I'm not questioning his attitude and no, I don't subscribe to the idea you put forward. Similarly, someone who has a pint of beer, isn't an alcoholic. It's about deeply held beliefs and attitudes. I don't make any such 'assumptions' about any individual. I do not know him, nor have I ever spoken to him.

As we all know, racism is the current 'taboo' and the problem is, others definitely won't see this situation in the same way.

Our football authorities in particular like to make a big statement about how well they run the game and with every sporting arena now emblazoned with anti-racist slogans we get a good idea of how important the issue is and how seriously they appear to take the problem (Unless you are UEFA investigating Serbia of course). Inevitably, any punishments will be 'deterrent' sentences.

The only person who can ever tell you whether any remarks were 'racist' is the person that uttered them.

Club Statement on 20:54 - Jan 20 with 930 viewsPDIDDY

I'm half cast and have always been raciallyabused at spotland, first visit early to mid 70s last visit your hammering of the shaggers 2years ago.. Nothing changes

Gissa job

Club Statement on 21:32 - Jan 20 with 909 viewsoff2div1

Club Statement on 20:54 - Jan 20 by PDIDDY

I'm half cast and have always been raciallyabused at spotland, first visit early to mid 70s last visit your hammering of the shaggers 2years ago.. Nothing changes

I doubt you are because the term you use can cause offence please use the term mixed race or dual heritage.
Club Statement on 21:37 - Jan 20 with 902 viewsPDIDDY

Club Statement on 21:32 - Jan 20 by off2div1

I doubt you are because the term you use can cause offence please use the term mixed race or dual heritage.

Ok you know

Gissa job

Club Statement on 21:47 - Jan 20 with 897 viewsoff2div1

Club Statement on 21:37 - Jan 20 by PDIDDY

Ok you know

Yes
Club Statement on 22:10 - Jan 20 with 874 viewsTVOS1907

Club Statement on 20:54 - Jan 20 by PDIDDY

More like half pint.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024